1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anybody bought lights from eltacoloco

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by dcasillas, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Aug 29, 2008 at 10:27 PM
    dcasillas

dcasillas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner quadcab
    donhoe coilovers,total chaos arms
    i think thats plenty of time for a pm or email,he goes on here every night,and cant even let me know whats up!

2. Aug 29, 2008 at 11:12 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i agree with you man. its pretty shady. pm a mod and see if they can help!

3. Aug 30, 2008 at 6:59 AM
    blake1012

blake1012 Go Braves!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chazz Michael Michaels
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2003 ext cab. tacoma.
    8000k HID's, Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners, Rhino Lined bed, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart wheels, bull bar, step rails, Redline Tuning hood struts, low profile tool box
    yeah, time is up! do something about that mess. Not responding to emails and pms is really low!

4. Aug 30, 2008 at 9:58 AM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    Hear Hear.

5. Aug 30, 2008 at 12:39 PM
    dcasillas

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner quadcab
    i going to a claim today ,get my 195 back!!

6. Aug 30, 2008 at 1:00 PM
    scottiem

scottiem Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    I paid him a deposit of $20 on 8/10/08 to put me in line for a set of lights and was told it should be around 3 weeks as there was 2 people ahead of me, one locally in Fl and then one other guy. Probably the 2 of you who haven't heard anything from him. I also PM'ed him on the 25th to see what the status was and haven't heard anything. I agree with you all, if your going to do business then you should at least provide some sort of communication with the people your doing business with. To log on to a site and not return a response to a PM's you received is no way to do business and really leaves no room for an excuse.

7. Aug 30, 2008 at 1:44 PM
    craigFLA

craigFLA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport Pkg.#1, XSP Package
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs
    PayPal Claim: smoked tailights

Saturday, August 30, 2008 4:37 PM

"Craig" <sandfleee@yahoo.com>
    View contact details

To:
    Screenyourpatio@yahoo.com

Alex,

I sent a Paypal payment of $190.55 on August 8th for a set of '06 Tacoma smoked tail lights. You told me then that it would be under 2 weeks.

I have have sent you multiple PM's simply asking for the status. I know you have signed on to your account, as that can be checked via your profile, yet you refuse to answer any PM's.

There is currently an active thread on Tacoma World regarding this situation. Others are in the same situation as me, and are filing Paypal claims, and notifying forum moderators as we speak...

Honestly, I really didnt mind waiting, and would have waited even longer had you communicated. Just tell me your behind, or got tied up, but tell me something!!!

If I dont hear from you by Monday night, I will be forced to follow suit and file a claim. Then like others, will spread the word on other sites to warn people of my experience.

Please respond, and inform me of your intentions.

Craig (a.k.a.: craigFLA)

Here is a copy of the email I just sent to his Paypal email address (I know IT works..lol.)

We'll see what happens. This is my last effort. I'm a reasonable person, but there is no excuse for this behavior, especially when a little communication would put everyone at ease...

8. Aug 30, 2008 at 1:49 PM
    beastlytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    yeah way to handle the situation. +1

9. Aug 30, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    scottiem

scottiem Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    I sent a PM to 007Tacoma who is a Moderator explaining the situation and even attached a link to this thread. I told him that I understand that there really isn't much he could do in the way of the money transactions but at least he shouldn't be allowed to do business on this website if he's going to leave members who try to do business with him high and dry. Waiting to see what he has to say.

10. Aug 30, 2008 at 7:25 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    hey man, send a pm to tcbob also, as he is the site owner!!! maybe the guy will have to expalin himself to the full extent if anyone ever gets ahold of him.

11. Aug 30, 2008 at 7:26 PM
    beastlytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    yeah stick it to him

12. Aug 30, 2008 at 8:31 PM
    dcasillas

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2004 prerunner quadcab
    just put my claim in to pay pal, and it feels good

13. Aug 30, 2008 at 8:32 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    dont blame you one bit man!!! hate ya'll had to go thru that bullshit man!! hope it gets resolved quickly!

14. Aug 30, 2008 at 10:37 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs
    Yeah, still no response to the email. Looks like another claim in my future...

He posted here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bu...ghts-professionally-done-me-eltacoloco-2.html

that he had these listed on 3 other sites. Wonder if others are having similar issues. Tomorrow, I think I'll do some looking, and see if I can ID him on other sites, and possible stop someone else from going through this crap.

I'm going stalker on his ass :)

UPDATE: Scottiem had already warned potential "victims" on Toyota Nation. I added a disclaimer as well, and see that he signed in over there late on 8/29... off to some more sites.

15. Aug 31, 2008 at 12:13 AM
    mudjunkie

mudjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    clearwater fl
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sx l
    header,short rack and pinion, heavy duty shocks, grill guard, flowmaster exhaust,pacesetter header without catalytic converter, one 10 inch xant sub with a mtx amp, off road lights,diamondplate tool box,rhinolined inside cab,ngk plugwires.
    That situation is crazy i feel for you guys that sucks i see any taco owner as family lol

16. Aug 31, 2008 at 7:44 AM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    I received the following email from eltacoloco this morning...

Flag this message
    Re: PayPal Claim: smoked tailights

Sunday, August 31, 2008 7:56 AM

This sender is DomainKeys verified "Alex Gomez" <screenyourpatio@yahoo.com>
    Add sender to Contacts

To:
    sandfleee@yahoo.com

I apologize for this big delay its just that I have been going through some major issues with my house which has been flooded by the storms and my insurance will not cover it....I have not received back the stock set from the last customer i sent them to as soon as i do I will smoke them and ship out to you.

Alex,

17. Aug 31, 2008 at 8:09 AM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

And this was my response...

Sunday, August 31, 2008 11:07 AM

"Craig" <sandfleee@yahoo.com>
    View contact details

To:
    screenyourpatio@yahoo.com

Alex,

I'm sorry to hear about your house. I know Fay dumped allot of rain in central Florida, and now we have Hannah Montana swimming around the Atlantic threatening to dump on us some more...

I haven't filed a Paypal claim yet, as I stated in my email I would wait until Monday night. I have no problem waiting until you get a good set of lights in and ready, as receiving a quality set of tail lights is my primary concern.

I understand your going through allot at home, and can appreciate the fact that these tail lights are probably not your number 1 concern.

I would appreciate it if you would make an effort to keep me in the loop. I have no problem waiting until next weekend to contact you, as nothing is gained by "pestering you to death".

I would like you to keep me apprised (like when you get a new set of donors in etc.) and of course expect a timely response when I do PM or email. I'm sure you'll agree, this is a fair and reasonable expectation, as I would like to avoid more unnecessary drama created by lack of communication. I think others on Tacoma World feel the same way.

I will update both the Tacoma World and Toyota Nation threads as we proceed. If the transaction moves forward on a positive note, I will make others aware of this, and have no problem leaving you positive feedback for a positive transaction.

Good luck on the home front, as I sincerely hope everything works out.

Craig

18. Aug 31, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    thanks for keeping this thread updated Craig

19. Aug 31, 2008 at 9:27 AM
    swatjoe592

swatjoe592 Beware the Puma...

Member:
    Southeast Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma PreRunner
    20" gangsta wheels, baby seat
    +1..Thanks for posting this! I have been kicking around buying some of these, but I think I'll ease back given your experience. I understand things happen in life, but business is business and this is bad business. Maybe he's legit, but scamsters always have 'fill in the blank' happen and it always happens after they have your money in their hands. Hopefully this isn't the situation....

20. Aug 31, 2008 at 1:36 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Well, being in Florida as he is, I know the amount of rain that came with Tropical Storm Fay. The Melbourne area (just east of Orlando) got hammered! I have friends that needed boats to get back and forth to their houses!

This is the email I just got, and I think it says it all. I kinda feel guilty for reacting the way I did, but like you said business is business, and in our defense he was able to sign on a few days ago, and therefore had the opportunity to return PM's, or even post a generic explaination on this thread explaining his situation... Oh well. I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, and I'm thankfull I didn't react more harshly (as I've done in the past).

Sunday, August 31, 2008 1:58 PM

This sender is DomainKeys verified "Alex Gomez" <screenyourpatio@yahoo.com>
    Add sender to Contacts

To:
    sandfleee@yahoo.com

Thanks for understanding I actually have been quit annoyed with all the people from the forums making fasle accusations and i havent even had a chance to explain my devastating situation...I was locked out of my neighborhood for almost a whole week and when I was able to re-enter I realized the extent of the damage and it has taken nearly everything from me and my family we are now having to stay in a hotel provided by FEMA untill they can get around to repairing our home...I appreciate you approaching me in the maner that you did because you where right when you said these tail light are the last thing on my mind right now but I know that it is something I have to handle just dont know when I will get around to it...I will keep you updated. and again thanks.

Alex,

Products Discussed in

To Top