Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: ECLIPSE BEC106 BACKUP CAMERA.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:08 AM   #1
Taco Rookie
lepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
lepedog23's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lepedog23
WTB: ECLIPSE BEC106 BACKUP CAMERA.

as the title says im wanting to buy an eclipse bec106 backup camera so i can install in my wife's sequoia. thanks please pm me if you got it for sale. crossing fingers.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Taco Rookie
lepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud of

bump
Old 01-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
lower management
trtripoli is on a distinguished road

trtripoli's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to trtripoli
your best bet will be ebay. I couldn't find anything cheap when I bought mine a few years ago. Seems that Eclipse is slowly dying do there parts and accesories are becoming more and more rare. I couldn't find any cheap details on sirus unit for my newer AVN 726e unit.

I realize that doesn't help much, but it eclipse seems to be getting smaller and it's going to be tough to find anything you need for it.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
The Eclipse brand was discontinued late last year, so whatever is out there is used or new old stock.

FWIW, Eclipse's parent company, Fujitsu Ten, is still very much alive and providing support for the Eclipse branded products. Fujitsu Ten is also the OEM manufacturer for toyota radios, except JBL models. It's a shame they shut it down, I always loved their head units especially my beloved AVN726E.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
cmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to behold

cmytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
damn sold out even @ sonic electronics thank goodness i bought mine last year although its still sitting nib in my garage lol
Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
Taco Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmytacoma View Post
damn sold out even @ sonic electronics thank goodness i bought mine last year although its still sitting nib in my garage lol

PMD YOU
Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
Taco Rookie

bump
Old 01-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #8
myth01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
myth01's Tacoma Gallery
ok so i am currently installing an aftermarket camera to my eclipse head unit. my shop is looking for the adapter to be able to use any camera with the eclipse. i'll let you know the part number when i get it
Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #9
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by myth01 View Post
ok so i am currently installing an aftermarket camera to my eclipse head unit. my shop is looking for the adapter to be able to use any camera with the eclipse. i'll let you know the part number when i get it
Before my Eclipse HU was jacked, I got a cheapie camera from ebay and found an adapter on ebay as well. The install wasn't as clean, but overall A LOT cheaper than the BEC106.

camera

view

adapter
Old 01-14-2011, 01:49 AM   #10
Taco Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
Before my Eclipse HU was jacked, I got a cheapie camera from ebay and found an adapter on ebay as well. The install wasn't as clean, but overall A LOT cheaper than the BEC106.

camera

view

adapter

do you know if this will fit onto factory navi off a 2005 sequoia? i found a guy who has the bec106 installed in his 2005 sequoia w/ jbl audio and he said its plug and play. that rear view looks pretty clean to me, good enough for my wife to see the cars parked on our small street so she wont hit them. what camera did you use and what adapter is that? i know all that is in back of factory sequoia nav is a 4-pin molex which that adapter in pics appears to have.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:43 AM   #11
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
What I saw while doing a OEM navigation install in a camry, is that OEM nav. units only put out 6V, all the cameras I have found are 12V. Don't know why they do that but does make it hard installing. I just got a $30 dollar backup cam from eBay and plan on splicing into the ground and acc. power from back of unit and just using the video signal into the unit.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #12
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaville View Post
do you know if this will fit onto factory navi off a 2005 sequoia? i found a guy who has the bec106 installed in his 2005 sequoia w/ jbl audio and he said its plug and play. that rear view looks pretty clean to me, good enough for my wife to see the cars parked on our small street so she wont hit them. what camera did you use and what adapter is that? i know all that is in back of factory sequoia nav is a 4-pin molex which that adapter in pics appears to have.
yeah it should be plug and play because Fujitzen makes both Eclipse and the OEM Toyota/Lexus stuff. Everything on my Ecipse HU was plug and play with the OEM harnesses so I'm sure it'll work.

On eBay, I searched back up camera and saw a ton of them for like $15-$20 shipped. Here is one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/135-170-degree-A...item27b7f19e8a

For the adapter, it's a little more difficult. There's a guy that sells them on eBay sporadically. Sometimes he has them on, sometimes he doesn't. You'll just have to check back every now and then. I think I paid $25 for it, which is a TOTAL rip off, but it gets the job done, and overall, its still a lot cheaper than any other camera.

I'll try to look for mine, and if I find it, you can have it for free. But for some reason I think I was so pissed my HU got jacked that I tossed everything that they left over. I'll let you know though.

Good Luck
Old 01-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #13
2006 Double cab TRD Sprot
Mat-taco06 is on a distinguished road

Mat-taco06's Tacoma Gallery

I got my Eclipse Camera adapter form

http://www.soundoftristate.com/uc100

only 29.00 + free shipping

if anyone is interested.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #14
n00b

^ that's exactly what I got from eBay. About the same price too.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
Taco Rookie

sweet going to get this plus a 15 buck cam on ebay hopefully it works with my factory nav.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #16
Taco Rookie

thanks guys for your help...
Old 01-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #17
2006 Double cab TRD Sprot
Mat-taco06 is on a distinguished road

Mat-taco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post

camera

view

adapter
Hey I got that same adapter for my Eclipse AVN5435, The only thing is that when I connected the camera with the adapter and shift into reverse the camera won't come up on the head unit with the warning letter like your. If I connect the camera to the "video in" line and shift into reverse it comes up but I have to be in AVX mode. Did you have to do anything else to your unit,adapter or something? I know that with the adapter it should automatically come on but it does not.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #18
Taco Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat-taco06 View Post
Hey I got that same adapter for my Eclipse AVN5435, The only thing is that when I connected the camera with the adapter and shift into reverse the camera won't come up on the head unit with the warning letter like your. If I connect the camera to the "video in" line and shift into reverse it comes up but I have to be in AVX mode. Did you have to do anything else to your unit,adapter or something? I know that with the adapter it should automatically come on but it does not.

you should pm him...
Old 02-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #19
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat-taco06 View Post
I think you have to hook up the reverse wire from the head unit to the reverse signal wire on the Tacoma.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #20
Average JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to behold

Army: 4ID
Name: Matt
Average JOE's Tacoma Gallery
Do you like it mounted there on the bumper? Why not the tail gate?