1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/65/18

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by texican76, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Jan 21, 2011 at 8:08 AM
    texican76

texican76 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner
    K & N Cold Air Intake 77 Series, Westin Platinum Oval Rails (Line-X'd), Blacked-out stock grill, debadged tailgate, black door badges, Wet Okoles, Blue LED Dome/Map Lights, TW decal, AVN Deflector, Tinted Windows, Sockmonkey decals, 3" lift front spacers/rear aal's, weathertech digital floormats, 18" XD Monsters wrapped in Cooper Discover ATR 265/65/18, LR UCA's
    I've decided to go with a smaller tire. I have only had these on my truck for a month. The tires have no more than 650 miles on them. Specs for tires are listed below:

Nitto Trail Grapplers: 285/65R/18
    Load Range: E
    Load Index: 125/122Q

They are in excellent condition. Asking $900 OBO, paid $1120 with shipping. If interested PM me. I live in Montgomery, AL. I just thought I would throw it out there for anyone interested. I visit my in-laws in Charleston, SC pretty often so if anyone lives off I-85, I-20, or I-26 going towards Charleston from Montgomery and wants these tires we can probably work something out where I wouldn't have to ship them.

[​IMG]

2. Jan 21, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Are they rubbing? If so, just trim and trim some more. Those are nice!

3. Jan 21, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    sneurath

sneurath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    shawn
    Hernando
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Why are you down sizing? Im getting ready to put 285s on mine anything i should know?

4. Jan 21, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    sierrahsky

sierrahsky Expedition Style

Member:
    I am looking at doing the same with my truck. I am running 17x9's and looking to do 285's. How bad are you rubbing or why are you changing?

5. Jan 21, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Do you have atleast 2.5 of lift in the front and for the rear have a AAL or block? For wheels you will want a wheel with atleast 4.5 Back Spacing, some minior trimming will be required once you run 285s, also you might wanna do the cab mount chop mod.

6. Jan 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM
    texican76

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner
    K & N Cold Air Intake 77 Series, Westin Platinum Oval Rails (Line-X'd), Blacked-out stock grill, debadged tailgate, black door badges, Wet Okoles, Blue LED Dome/Map Lights, TW decal, AVN Deflector, Tinted Windows, Sockmonkey decals, 3" lift front spacers/rear aal's, weathertech digital floormats, 18" XD Monsters wrapped in Cooper Discover ATR 265/65/18, LR UCA's
    I may be biased but my truck looks awesome with this wheel/tire combo. There are two problems though. One, I'm rubbing for sure. I had 3" spacer lift installed then bought my wheels and tires. First, I was rubbing in the front so I trimmed that. Then I noticed the wheels angled in at the bottom when you looked at the truck from the front. Did some reading on here and found out I needed aftermarket UCA's. Bought the LR UCA's, installed them and got another alignment. Now the truck drove straight but the new UCA's moved the wheel back in the wheel well so now they were rubbing in the back. Trimmed, did the cab chop and the tires still rub if I am in a turn and hit a small bump or backing up. I'm done with it. I refuse to cut on the truck anymore. That was just the problem with the rubbing. The tires are very aggressive. This is my first truck and my first experience with tires like the Trail Grapplers. I feel like I'm all over the place when I get over 60 mph on the highway. I thought the tires might be out of balance but I had them inspected and everything was fine. The truck drove great with the lift when I had the stock wheels/tires on it but once I added the new tires that's when it all changed. I understand changing the suspension on the truck the way I did and adding the tires that I did will change how the truck handles. I feel like my truck drives me instead of me driving my truck. I hate to part with these tires but I need to feel like I'm in control when I'm driving. If I did any offroading I would definitely keep these but I never leave the street. I just bought them for the look and they look sharp but for now my truck is going to have to look less sharp with some AT tires.

7. Jan 21, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    What are your alignment specs? Both issues sound like they can be cured with alignment.

8. Jan 21, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    I feel you man! My new 285 KM2's rubbed the crap out of the front then when all that was trimmed, driver side rubbed towards the rear like crazy and I was about to sell them and get 265's. Took it in for alignment and drivers side caster was at 1.5 and passanger was at 3. Most likely the uca's pushed the wheels back in the wheel well and more caster will fix it. When caster is too low you'll be allover the place. If you have a firestone by you look into a lifetime alignemnt so you can dial it in until you are happy. Don't give up man, it's worth it!

P.S. Cab mounts chopped and pinch weld mod had to be done since I off-road and no sway bar allows for lots of uptravel and rubbing. With an aftermarket front bumper, you'll be able to add more caster and clear the rear but cab mount chop is probably a must.

Good Luck!

9. Jan 31, 2011 at 6:02 AM
    texican76

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner

Products Discussed in

To Top