Notices

FS: Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/65/18

Old 01-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
texican76 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Bryan
texican76's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/65/18

I've decided to go with a smaller tire. I have only had these on my truck for a month. The tires have no more than 650 miles on them. Specs for tires are listed below:

Nitto Trail Grapplers: 285/65R/18
Load Range: E
Load Index: 125/122Q

They are in excellent condition. Asking $900 OBO, paid $1120 with shipping. If interested PM me. I live in Montgomery, AL. I just thought I would throw it out there for anyone interested. I visit my in-laws in Charleston, SC pretty often so if anyone lives off I-85, I-20, or I-26 going towards Charleston from Montgomery and wants these tires we can probably work something out where I wouldn't have to ship them.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Are they rubbing? If so, just trim and trim some more. Those are nice!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
sneurath is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: shawn
sneurath's Tacoma Gallery
Why are you down sizing? Im getting ready to put 285s on mine anything i should know?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneurath View Post
Why are you down sizing? Im getting ready to put 285s on mine anything i should know?
I am looking at doing the same with my truck. I am running 17x9's and looking to do 285's. How bad are you rubbing or why are you changing?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneurath View Post
Do you have atleast 2.5 of lift in the front and for the rear have a AAL or block? For wheels you will want a wheel with atleast 4.5 Back Spacing, some minior trimming will be required once you run 285s, also you might wanna do the cab mount chop mod.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
texican76 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Bryan
texican76's Tacoma Gallery
I may be biased but my truck looks awesome with this wheel/tire combo. There are two problems though. One, I'm rubbing for sure. I had 3" spacer lift installed then bought my wheels and tires. First, I was rubbing in the front so I trimmed that. Then I noticed the wheels angled in at the bottom when you looked at the truck from the front. Did some reading on here and found out I needed aftermarket UCA's. Bought the LR UCA's, installed them and got another alignment. Now the truck drove straight but the new UCA's moved the wheel back in the wheel well so now they were rubbing in the back. Trimmed, did the cab chop and the tires still rub if I am in a turn and hit a small bump or backing up. I'm done with it. I refuse to cut on the truck anymore. That was just the problem with the rubbing. The tires are very aggressive. This is my first truck and my first experience with tires like the Trail Grapplers. I feel like I'm all over the place when I get over 60 mph on the highway. I thought the tires might be out of balance but I had them inspected and everything was fine. The truck drove great with the lift when I had the stock wheels/tires on it but once I added the new tires that's when it all changed. I understand changing the suspension on the truck the way I did and adding the tires that I did will change how the truck handles. I feel like my truck drives me instead of me driving my truck. I hate to part with these tires but I need to feel like I'm in control when I'm driving. If I did any offroading I would definitely keep these but I never leave the street. I just bought them for the look and they look sharp but for now my truck is going to have to look less sharp with some AT tires.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
What are your alignment specs? Both issues sound like they can be cured with alignment.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I feel you man! My new 285 KM2's rubbed the crap out of the front then when all that was trimmed, driver side rubbed towards the rear like crazy and I was about to sell them and get 265's. Took it in for alignment and drivers side caster was at 1.5 and passanger was at 3. Most likely the uca's pushed the wheels back in the wheel well and more caster will fix it. When caster is too low you'll be allover the place. If you have a firestone by you look into a lifetime alignemnt so you can dial it in until you are happy. Don't give up man, it's worth it!

P.S. Cab mounts chopped and pinch weld mod had to be done since I off-road and no sway bar allows for lots of uptravel and rubbing. With an aftermarket front bumper, you'll be able to add more caster and clear the rear but cab mount chop is probably a must.

Good Luck!