Notices

FS -- 2nd gen stock OEM fog light switch and relay

Old 01-22-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
FS -- 2nd gen stock OEM fog light switch and relay

Long story short.....I bought a base model v6 that didn't have fogs but had the wiring. Looked everywhere for 'em, and could only find cheap imitation ones on ebay. Finally found 'em on ebay and bought them. That same week, I met a guy who had them on cl, with the lamps...........
So now I have a switch and relay for sale for what I paid for $50.

SOLD***

Attachment 85450

Attachment 85451
Old 01-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Bmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to all

Name: Raymond
Bmxcast00's Tacoma Gallery
i'm in the same situation but i have a pre-runner with out any wires for them. did you end up going with one of the imitaion fog light kits? glws
Old 01-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
Old Member
DanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
DanT's Tacoma Gallery
I have just the OEM fog lights, no wiring, no switch, no relay, nothing from the lamp assembly on. Bot a 2010 base 4 cyl. I was thinking of http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOG-L...#ht_3346wt_938
Old 01-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #4

maser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxcast00 View Post
i'm in the same situation but i have a pre-runner with out any wires for them. did you end up going with one of the imitaion fog light kits? glws
No, the 6 cyl. for some reason are pre-wired but no lights/relay/switch. So all I had to do was find OEM bits, and it plugged right in. I had to find these OEM parts ( which was very hard to do ) and plug in to factory harness. If you have 6 cyl, you should have the harness tied in there.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #5

maser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
I have just the OEM fog lights, no wiring, no switch, no relay, nothing from the lamp assembly on. Bot a 2010 base 4 cyl. I was thinking of http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FOG-L...#ht_3346wt_938
If you're going this route, I don't think my OEM will help you much.....After-market kits are usually wired hot to switch with a fuse, and don't require Toyota relay.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Old Member
DanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
If you're going this route, I don't think my OEM will help you much.....After-market kits are usually wired hot to switch with a fuse, and don't require Toyota relay.
Thanks. I don't have a clue about how to wire these. Is the plug that fits the lamp assembly standard, or do I need an OEM part?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #7

maser's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, I really don't know how standard ( or difficult ) it would be to wire your truck all OEM without going through dealer. I'm sure some members on here have got part #'s and such to help you out. For me, it was plug n play.

I know how hard it is to find these things locally, it drove me nuts seeing other tacos with their fogs!! GL in your search, and i'll try to help as much as I can.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
Old Member
DanT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
Hmm, I really don't know how standard ( or difficult ) it would be to wire your truck all OEM without going through dealer. I'm sure some members on here have got part #'s and such to help you out. For me, it was plug n play.

I know how hard it is to find these things locally, it drove me nuts seeing other tacos with their fogs!! GL in your search, and i'll try to help as much as I can.
Thanks again. At least I've got the lamp assemblies in securely. Even if I don't get them wired they look much better than the blanks that were there. For $90 that alone is a good deal.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #9

maser's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 01-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #10
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Where were you at a month ago..... GAHHHHH....

I paid 128 for both...

Good luck with sale.

Bump
Old 01-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For $90 that alone is a good deal.
For 83.00 shipped you coulda had these that are exact same as oem but got all the wiring too...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-10...Q5fAccessories

.....and bought OP's switch to wire it too using oem connector and 4 pigtail wires from dealer. GLWS
Old 01-31-2011, 08:03 AM   #12

maser's Tacoma Gallery
free shipping bump.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #13

maser's Tacoma Gallery
BTT
Old 02-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #14
Old Member
DanT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
For 83.00 shipped you coulda had these that are exact same as oem but got all the wiring too...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-10...Q5fAccessories

.....and bought OP's switch to wire it too using oem connector and 4 pigtail wires from dealer. GLWS
Yes indeed. Despite my searching I could not find this at the time of purchase. Thanks to your post, I went ahead and purchased. Now I have an extra set of lamps in case of breakage.

But what I really am likely to need is the advice and experience of those who have installed this kit. Directions come with it, but are a bit sketchy. The kit says it is for the 2006. Mine is 2010, Not sure if there are any differences.

I'd appreciate any supplemental instructions anyone has.
I'd prefer to wire them so they can be operated independently of the low beams, but any advice, especially photos, would be appreciated.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:15 AM   #15

maser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes indeed. Despite my searching I could not find this at the time of purchase. Thanks to your post, I went ahead and purchased. Now I have an extra set of lamps in case of breakage.

But what I really am likely to need is the advice and experience of those who have installed this kit. Directions come with it, but are a bit sketchy. The kit says it is for the 2006. Mine is 2010, Not sure if there are any differences.

I'd appreciate any supplemental instructions anyone has.
I'd prefer to wire them so they can be operated independently of the low beams, but any advice, especially photos, would be appreciated.
^^^Check out fog light mod. Your fogs can be on independently of the headlights. Find this thread in cheap/free mods.

----------------
Switch and relay still available.