Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Hood Scoop Insert

Old 01-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Hood Scoop Insert

Alright guys,
Ever consider changing out the color of the scoop on your hood. Edrin55 (Ron) and I have both done that. We both went for a black hood scoop on our trucks. However, Ron still has his Magnetic Gray Hood Scoop Insert and wants to sell it. So what better place to do that than TW. Asking price is $30 but here's why... there is a broken tab. I'm sure someone who is good with modding out a satoshi grill can easily fix this too. Although you should be ok without using it. There are 5 bolts under the scoop to help keep it in place. Let me know if you're interested. I'd even consider a reasonable offer.
I'll try to take another picture of the broken tab. It should still fit good and snug because the scoop is attached mostly from the underneath area. Hope to hear from you.
Albert

PS. the scoop does have a small nick on the paint. Nothing serious though. It wouldn't be a bad idea to purchase this one and paint it black to try it on your truck as an experiment. Here's a pic of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Hood Scoop Insert-scoop.jpg  
Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^PM'd
*DIBS*

Old 01-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I've got two interested.
Fear: The nick is deep
Response: It's a paint chip

Fear: The tab being broken
Response: There is still the other tab, you could try to jerry-rig-it and you have 5 bolts under the scoop to secure it to the hood.

Fear: Required work
Response: Rivet gun to transfer over the mesh from you existing scoop.

Fear: But its gray
Response: Paint it black

Fear: I don't know
Response: It's $30 (plus shipping if not local). Way cheaper than buying one.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
hay al,

my question and pm was not answered. if I repaint, the Nick is gone?

pm me back, I want it but need to know
Old 01-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #5
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Pm sent back to you.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Is Ron to busy now days to make his own thread?

Good luck with the sale
Old 01-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #7

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
You ain't know Ron's a Pimp?
Old 01-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd
Old 01-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrayzian View Post
You ain't know Ron's a Pimp?
I know what that makes Albert
Old 01-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #10

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ I ain't saying, but I'm just saying. . . The streets are talking Al.

P.S - Payment sent for RON's hood scoop. Please package it up well to avoid further destruction you have already inflicted to this poor Hood Scoop
Old 01-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #11
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll take you old one. I really need it
Old 01-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #12

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ Sorry Anthony, mine is OEM RAD RED. I didn't wanna F it up.

Why don't you buy the after market one. They're cheap. not expensive at all.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
Dezert Toy Fabrication

WHERE!!!! I could only find the whole insert for 130. I only need this piece I don't care about color either. I owe it to my buddy I bought a Ebay hood with no insert

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...200-bucks.html
Old 01-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #14

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ they have aftermarket ones that go with the aftermarket hood.

When I get home tonight I'll find it.

If not, I already paid Albert and want this bad to complete my look. . .

I'll debate on keeping it and maybe. I'll just have Albert refund me and sell it to you. . . I'm not 100% yet.
I wanna help you out. I remember your story about the hood not closed.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
Dezert Toy Fabrication

That would be way awesome I can just pay you instead. Yeah I'm really trying to get him his hood back to the way it was. The rear end on his truck blew out last week too
Old 01-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #16
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
WHERE!!!! I could only find the whole insert for 130. I only need this piece I don't care about color either. I owe it to my buddy I bought a Ebay hood with no insert[/URL]
I'm in the same boat as you my friend
Old 01-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Is Ron to busy now days to make his own thread?

Good luck with the sale
Thank you on the luck.
Dude... really? He does a lot for me. This is the least I can do for him.
As far as the streets talking, I don't hear anything. Maybe its nothing to be worried about. I'm a happy camper!

FOR THE OTHER TWO ARGUING OVER THE HOOD SCOOP. I WILL BE SHIPPING TO RAD. FROM THERE, YOU CAN TURN AROUND AND SELL IT FOR MORE IF YOU WANT. YOU GUYS ARE TOO FUNNY. I SHOULD HAVE LISTED ON eBAY. Haha.

SOLD
Old 01-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #18
Rompin Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Thank you on the luck.
Dude... really? He does a lot for me. This is the least I can do for him.
As far as the streets talking, I don't hear anything. Maybe its nothing to be worried about. I'm a happy camper!

FOR THE OTHER TWO ARGUING OVER THE HOOD SCOOP. I WILL BE SHIPPING TO RAD. FROM THERE, YOU CAN TURN AROUND AND SELL IT FOR MORE IF YOU WANT. YOU GUYS ARE TOO FUNNY. I SHOULD HAVE LISTED ON eBAY. Haha.

SOLD
Really......I have no clue what he does for you. I was just asking.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #19
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Really......I have no clue what he does for you. I was just asking.
Most recently, he watched my kids the night we were suppose to go to TGIF. Those plans went down hill fast when Brandy experienced severe stomach pains the monday we came back from Superstition. Come to find out, I ended up taking her to the ER. After being admitted and then transferred to another hospital, she had surgery the next day. The entire time I was with her, but Ron stayed at my house until the next morning until my in-laws came over to pick them up. To boot, he visited us at the hospital and brought me food. He's a good guy. But enough about him, I might give me a big head. BTW, Brandy is fine now.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #20
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrayzian View Post
hay al,

my question and pm was not answered. if I repaint, the Nick is gone?

pm me back, I want it but need to know

Who is Nick? Is he the real reason your getting rid of this scoop? Now we get the real story. Nick is a mooch that is a mark for hood scoops. If you could just get rid of this scoop the mooch would have to go leach off someone else. Buyer beware if you buy this you may have this suspicious Nick character lingering around your house