Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Feeler: White Satoshi Grill

Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
White Satoshi Grill Project: FS Following Mod

It's a work in progress. I work and go to school full time so this will be an end of the day project. I'm going to take my time and do it right. I will keep this thread updated with my progress. This grill may be practice prior to modifying my own grill, but I plan on putting forth the same effort as if it was going on my truck. The only difference I expect between this grill and mine, is the time it takes to complete it; I hope to be quicker with mine. Help/suggestions/comments are always welcome. Wish me luck.

Possible Combinations:

1. Retain white paint, cut, fill, inner paint*, w/ black mesh
2. Retain white paint, cut, fill, inner paint*
3. Primer surround, cut, fill, inner paint*, w/ black mesh
4. Primer surround, cut, fill, inner paint*

* inner paint could be black or white

Interested Parties:

1. Tacoma206
2. francis1291
3. VooDoo
4. Snookman
5. Dirtaysouth

Day 1

Day 2
Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent. I have a super white tacoma and I would buy it if it worked out right...
Old 02-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

UPDATE: I just purchased the grill. I pick it up this afternoon. I'm just going to work on this over the next week or two. Will update with progress. It will remain white with black insert and grill for now. I will make the final decision after picking it up and visually inspecting the OEM white paint.

Any input or suggestions about the project are greatly appreciated. If you have any how-to links readily available that would be great as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Feeler: White Satoshi Grill-tacoma-grill1.jpg  
Old 02-02-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
That's the one I used. Worked well.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
That's the one I used. Worked well.
Good to know. I have done bit of body work; I have refinished a few older fiberglass boats before. I'm fairly confident in my fillier, sanding, and finishing skills. It's just nice to have a step by step to check my work against.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #9
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 02-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
3 interested parties thus far. Does anyone recommended listing usernames in order of contact? Does anyone really care?
yea sure!

1. VooDoo
Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #13
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08PRELB View Post
Thanks for the links. I'm officially starting the grill on Tuesday. I fly out today from Portland to San Francisco for my Pharmacy School Interview. I'll be back Monday night, and then the chopping will begin.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #15
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Quote:
3 interested parties thus far. Does anyone recommended listing usernames in order of contact? Does anyone really care?
Does it matter? If its only 3 people just remember who contacted you first. Its not like a long list for a group buy...
Old 02-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #16
snookman is on a distinguished road
Name: Connor
snookman's Tacoma Gallery
i live near Corvallis, you still have the grille? i would love to get one how much are you asking?
Old 02-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #18

Quote:
UPDATED: 18 FEB 2011 @ 7PM

Been busier than I had imagined. Still working on it. Should go quicker now that I have actually committed.
I'm excited to see how it comes out. You got snow down there this week? For some reason it has been snowing here this week. Strange it decides to snow now...
Old 02-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #19
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma206 View Post
I'm excited to see how it comes out. You got snow down there this week? For some reason it has been snowing here this week. Strange it decides to snow now...
I just got the patches epoxy'd in place, will be sanding and filling tonight. It's funny you brought up the snow, we got 2 inches last night ans still falling. I was just logging on to see who all had snow. Stay safe and have a good one.