Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Satoshi Mesh

Old 02-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
douggytundra will become famous soon enoughdouggytundra will become famous soon enough

douggytundra's Tacoma Gallery
Satoshi Mesh

I bought 3 different kinds of mesh for my satoshi. I have chosen 1 and am selling the other 2. Both are aluminum and have been powder coated in black. The first one is the round hole mesh. The size is 38.5x11.5. The second is the expanded metal mesh. The size is 9 3/4x36. I am thinking around $40 shipped for either one obo.

Round mesh is SOLD.
Attached Thumbnails
Satoshi Mesh-dsc02898.jpg   Satoshi Mesh-dsc02899.jpg   Satoshi Mesh-dsc02900.jpg   Satoshi Mesh-dsc02901.jpg  
Old 02-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
The first set of pics (thicker mesh) is awesome. Good stuff right there
Old 02-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuy
JStradaXR's Tacoma Gallery
were did you purchase it from ?
Old 02-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
douggytundra will become famous soon enoughdouggytundra will become famous soon enough

It cam from a metal surplus store. I bought all the different kinds they had. I just didn't know what I would like better. With that being said I took them all to the powder coater so I was ready whichever I chose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStradaXR View Post
were did you purchase it from ?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #5
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

its not flimsy like chicken wire?
Old 02-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #6

Neither of these are flimsy at all. The one I chose is alot more flimsy than the 2 of these. Believe it or not the flimsy one I chose to use I had ruled out before it was powder coated because it was so flimsy. It turned out to harden up really well from the powder coating so I am goint to use it. It has small actagons in the pattern and looks great powder coated.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #7

Hmm...I like that bcuz the one I have is super flimsy. What did u use to hold the mesh to the grill ?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #8

I haven't installed mine yet. It is still in paint now. I will be bending it and securing it to the original plastic supports on the rear of the grill.
Quote:
Hmm...I like that bcuz the one I have is super flimsy. What did u use to hold the mesh to the grill ?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Love to see pics on how you mounted it to the original plastic supports when you get it finished!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #10

I should have it back from paint shortly and I will post pics of the grill install.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #11
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Satoshi Grill Mount.

Interested to see how you will mount it. If I may suggest, take the time to do the mounting right because the last thing you want is for it to fall apart. Believe me I know, the first Satoshi I tried to pull the mesh over the plastic and glued it with small pieces of plastic to hold in place. It was a big mistake, 10 minutes into my drive half of the mesh had come off. I went back to the drawing board and came up with the following.....take a look at the picture. I now use small metal L brackets and nuts/bolts to make a strong secure mount. This is probably the strongest part of the grill now. If you need any tips let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Satoshi Mesh-indigo-blue-back.jpg  
Old 02-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #12

Did you epoxy the brackets or just glass them? BTW nice job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Grande View Post
Interested to see how you will mount it. If I may suggest, take the time to do the mounting right because the last thing you want is for it to fall apart. Believe me I know, the first Satoshi I tried to pull the mesh over the plastic and glued it with small pieces of plastic to hold in place. It was a big mistake, 10 minutes into my drive half of the mesh had come off. I went back to the drawing board and came up with the following.....take a look at the picture. I now use small metal L brackets and nuts/bolts to make a strong secure mount. This is probably the strongest part of the grill now. If you need any tips let me know.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #13
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Epoxy plus Automotive Goop

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggytundra View Post
Did you epoxy the brackets or just glass them? BTW nice job.
I used my dremel to grind the back of the bracket (make a rough area) and the mounting area. I then used epoxy and used C-clamps to hold them in place once they were on there for good, I went over them with automotive goop......a little over kill but wanted to make sure they would not come off. They are on there really good. I'll try to post up another picture of the bracket on the plastic when I get home from work.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #14

bump
Old 02-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #15

i kinda want it..mines flimsy...thinking about it
Old 02-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #16

It is here and ready. Just let me know.

Quote:
i kinda want it..mines flimsy...thinking about it
Old 02-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #17

Grill

I got the grill back from paint and I am going to load it up with the mesh today. It will probably go up for sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Satoshi Mesh-dsc02928.jpg   Satoshi Mesh-dsc02929.jpg   Satoshi Mesh-dsc02930.jpg   Satoshi Mesh-dsc02931.jpg