Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

2011 Devil Horns are finally here!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #1
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Devil Horns are finally here!

Ready to take your truck by the horns?

After a long wait from you, I'm happy to inform that you can finally get your hands on your very own Devil Horns emblem. Devil Horns began as a simple request from a proud Tacoma owner and a good friend of mine. He gave me the idea, I took on the challenge and now I'm glad to share this small piece of work with many Toyota vehicle owners. This type of emblem has been approved for a small production under direct permission from Toyota Motor Company's Legal Department under certain conditions. Please follow the simple rules that will help me deliver this emblem to you listed at the bottom of this e-mail, if it weren't for them I wouldn't be able to bring this product to your hands.

The design:
The first step into making Devil Horns was the use ofComputer Aided Design/Drafting, also known as CAD. The Idea is to draw Devil Horns as a 3D model with the use of computer software, modifying every line and curvature until they all meet in a well balanced and functional design.

The material:
6061-T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum was selected as the primary material used to make Devil Horns. Aluminum is remarkable for the metal's low density and its ability to resist corrosion. All tough other grades of aluminum are available (2024, 7075, etc.), 6061-T6 offers a well balanced solution in stress, strength and ease of working with, making it a perfect structural component for this emblem.

Fabrication process:
In order to provide the highest quality of fabrication, Devil Horns was made using CNC machines. Before the use of CNC technology parts were fabricated manually by a machinist, a person who uses machine equipment to make or modify parts, primarily metal parts. With the introduction of CNC equipment the fabrication process is now made using automated machines which can be programed to perform various operations to produce complex parts offering more options, control and repeatability. While other methods of fabrication exist to produce this emblem I wanted to share the same product with you as the first emblem I made years ago that takes time and care to perfect, all 100% American made.

Shot penning option:
In order to remove the marks left by the CNC machine, shot penning was the best available method. Shot penning is a process that uses round metallic particles with sufficient force to create surface deformation. The result is an increased stress layer that hardens the outer area of the material making it stronger and more durable. I have included this option as some people don't like the machining marks left by the CNC machine, this is only a matter of preference. This option comes to you at an extra cost.

Anodizing option:
The anodizing process starts with suspending the aluminum with wires and putting it in an acid bath. Electric current is run through it causing the surface of the aluminum to oxidize (essentially rust). The aluminum is then immersed in dye baths of various colors to achieve the color desired. The dye is trapped in the surface as well as making the surface even harder than the inside of the aluminum. The result is an elegant color and a more durable finish. You may choose from the available colors listed, this option come to you at an extra cost.

Available Colors for anodizing:
*Dark Grey (Shown with no shot penning)

*Cherry Red

(cherry red shown with shot penning)

*Gun Metal Black

(Gun metal black shown with shot penning)

*Horns on Fire (Shown with shot penning)

Last but not least, the new 2011 Polished Devil Horns!

This is the first time a polished option is being offered. The polish option consists of hand-polish using a polish wheel to a mirror-finish over the natural aluminum. After the emblem has been polished a layer of lacquer is applied to bring out the most shine from the natural aluminum. Finally brite dip is applied and clear anodize to preserve the shine over time.

Note:

Shot penning and Anodizing are two different options with different results. Both options are mentioned above and CAN be combined. The above emblems in Grey, Red and Black have no shot penning and show the fabrication marks left by the machining process while the Horns on Fire does have the shot penning process giving a smoother finish and increasing the color of anodize. I suggest shot penning if an anodize color is chosen. If no options are mentioned, a natural aluminum finish (just like the first emblem shown) will be mailed. Options can have various results such as the examples below:
*No options (natural finish)
*Shot penning only
*Any anodize color only
*Any anodize color + shot penning
*Polish only

Installation requirements:
5/32" Allen wrench also know as a hex key
A pair of hands
5 minutes of your time

(note: Top embelm is for 1st generation Tacoma, Bottom is for second generation Tacoma)

Installation Info:
There's very little skills required for the installation of Devil Horns. I made it as easy as I could for you to place this bad boy on your grill using four 10-32 bolts and four split locking washers.
This would be the typical installation scenario:
*Open the hood
*With your fingers, gently remove the existing emblem by un clipping it from the grill
*Slap that bad boy onto your grill, put back the split locking washers onto the bolts and finger-tighten all four bolts to the emblem
*Snugly tighten all four bolts with a 5/32" Allen wrench also know as hex key
*Take your truck for a spin to display your newly installed horns

The damage :
Due to my legal agreement I have with Toyota I am unable to show prices online.
Feel free to contact me for price at: customdevilhorns@hotmail.com
The following are the vehicles Devil Horns available for:

Toyota Tundra 2nd Generation (2007-2009, Oval length: 6.70 Inches)
Toyota Tacoma 2nd Generation (2010-Present, Oval length: 5.51 Inches)
Toyota Tacoma 2nd Generation (2005-2009, Oval length: 5.51 Inches)
Toyota Tacoma 1st Generation (2000-2004, Oval length: 4.45 Inches)
Toyota Corolla 9th Generation (2003-2008, Oval Length: 4.31 Inches)
Each emblem will include 4 bolts and 4 retaining washers for installation.

Options:
Natural raw aluminum
Shot penning
1 Color Anodize
3 Color (horns on fire) Anodize
Polish

Payment:
Please email me for pricing. Acceptable payment methods are PayPal, personal check, cashier's check or money order.
When ordering please provide me with the following information:
*Type of emblem (vehicle model)
*Polish option (yes or no)
*Shot penning option (yes or no)
*Anodizing option (yes or no, if yes please include color)
*If emblem will be shipped outside the US or Canada, please specify country.

Closing:
Why am I doing this?
There is a saying that if you find something that you love doing and get paid for it you really never work a day in your life. I see my daily job as a hobby and for the most part I wake up encouraged to finishing my current job in the best possible way. I was first introduced to machining in high school and since then I have been obsessed with the idea of grabbing a piece of metal and shape it to perform a given task. I will try my best to keep these emblems available, but I fear someday I will have stop making them. For the time being, I'm having my kicks making them for Toyota vehicles and I hope to keep making them for some time. This emblem goes to anyone that has:

used a wrench on their vehicle,

taken hours to decide on the perfect part,

taken it off the road

and crawled the impossible,

taken it out near the beach,

battled through heavy snow,

explored deep in the forest,

cruised through the desert,

to the ones who like to keep it clean,

and the ones who don't mind getting dirty,

anyone that polishes to a mirror finish,

the ones who sand blast them,

anyone who changed it's color,

modified their grills to make it fit,

hang it up on the wall,

has them on their back (hopefully I don't see this again),

the ones who wear it with pride,

those trucks in Florida,

the ones in Canada,

the ones in Peru,

anyone making it unique

or just making it different,

for those who are happy with what they drive,

the ones who win a raffle,

for those who simply hold back and look at their trucks.

What ever you drive right now, you know that is your vehicle

...and it deserves some appreciation.

It brings me joy reading about every one of you and receiving pictures of your cars/trucks. Please send me pictures if you can, I'll be happy to look at them. It is my pleasure to bring you a unique item not sold or made anywhere else. I hope you enjoy this small piece of work and why not,
let that truck grow some horns!

Sincerely,

Andres Diaz

Rules:

1) RECIRCULATE
There's a limited quantity that I'm allowed to make each time Toyota gives me the OK, unfortunately I may not have enough emblems for everyone. If for any reason you end up not using the emblem I will gladly give you a full refund no matter how long ago it was sold. The reason why I'm doing this is because I want everyone to have a better opportunity in getting one. Please don't sell them on eBay, I will explain why.

2) TWICE A YEAR BASIS
I had my kicks making these bad boys for all of you and I plan on continuing to do so. I cannot afford to "bother" Toyota's legal department every time someone wants one, therefore I hope to get permission from Toyota to make them twice a year. My time is very limited as I am a college student and a full time employee, therefore dedicating time to make these emblem is very limited on my part.

3) LIST
I have made up a list of people that would like an emblem. If you are interested in one, please drop me an e-mail and request I add you to the list. I will have them available in the order in which I get a request, no exceptions.

4) KEEP THINGS SIMPLE
Please don't make a huge fuss about these emblems! The more they are advertised, viewed, etc, the more likely Toyota won't want them on the market. I ask of you not to put them on eBay, craigslist, internet site, etc.

5) DO NOT SELL THEM ON EBAY!!!
Toyota contacted eBay shortly after I put my first 2 emblems for sale and ebay put a hold on my account. Copyright infringement is a serious offense and eBay is notorious for tracking illegal, and unlawful content, copyright infringements, etc. Please never put this emblem on ebay, it also makes me look bad with Toyota and I may never get another change in making them again.

6)LIMITED QUANTITY
There are a number of people that have been waiting for an emblem for a few months. I'd like to have orders of only ONE emblem per person so that we have enough for everybody, that way is fair for the others. If you absolutely need more than one please let me know the reason and I will try my best to fit your needs.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
TacoHI11 is on a distinguished road
TacoHI11's Tacoma Gallery
Email sent
Hope I am not to late!
Old 02-15-2011, 03:55 AM   #5
Foxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
Neat.

Sent an email.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:20 AM   #6
Tombs is on a distinguished road

Tombs's Tacoma Gallery
Devilhorns

Email sent
Old 02-15-2011, 04:28 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Trade-in time for the 05-10s! Now my 2011 grill will be set for shenanigans.............Email & PM sent.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:12 AM   #8
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
Email sent and the workmanship on these is incredible.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #9
Firetech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiretech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ralph
Firetech's Tacoma Gallery
Email sent Devil Horns on fire look great!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #10
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Props to Andres, you do great work !
Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 AM   #11
redz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to behold

redz80's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent
Old 02-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #15
RMCO is on a distinguished road
RMCO's Tacoma Gallery
Email sent
Old 02-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #16
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
hopefully i can jump in on this when i get back from my cruise
Old 02-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #18
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
Email sent!!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #19
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
email sent
Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #20
Qman619 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Radioman
Name: Quyen
Qman619's Tacoma Gallery
Email sent.