Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB Lug nuts for 17" sport wheels

Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
0BlackTaco6's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Lug nuts for 17" sport wheels

Looking for a set (24) of lug nuts that will work with the 17" sport wheels. Either that or someone point me in the right direction to get a set of lugs that will work for less than the ridiculous prices ive found so far.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Where have you been looking what ridiculous prices have you seen?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

well i shouldnt say ridiculous, but just more than what i expected. But i actually just stumbled upon a site that has them. I think these would work? That price is the best price ive found. Definetly a good price i think unless there is cheaper out there.
here is the link
http://www.brandsport.com/grla-73634t.html
Old 03-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
Ive got tiger blood

ive found cheaper on the site but i dont know if they would work. I know we are 12 x 1.5 and i believe i need a mag seat for the sport wheels. But the size doesnt match up with what these toyota shank ones in the link. those have a shank of .725 and the other ones are .62. here is the link for cheaper ones that i found on the same site.
http://www.brandsport.com/grla-41138et.html
Old 03-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
Ive got tiger blood

oh wow, thanks man i really apreciate it. For some reason i always forget to check ebay.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
What's holding your wheels on right now?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
What's holding your wheels on right now?
Conical seat (acorn) lugs, me bets.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #9
Ive got tiger blood

i just have the factory 16" steelies on. I have a set of sport rims waiting to be put on.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
tacoman05 is on a distinguished road
Navy: DEP Recruit
Name: Erik
tacoman05's Tacoma Gallery
The 16 inch steel lugs should work just fine with the 17 inch sport rims. Ive had mines running like that for over 2 years now and never had a problem , and I drive aggressive sometimes. Jus check them every other thousand miles
Old 03-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0BlackTaco6 View Post
i just have the factory 16" steelies on. I have a set of sport rims waiting to be put on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman05 View Post
The 16 inch steel lugs should work just fine with the 17 inch sport rims. Ive had mines running like that for over 2 years now and never had a problem , and I drive aggressive sometimes. Jus check them every other thousand miles
Do the steelies use shank and washer style lugs?
Old 03-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #12
Ive got tiger blood

i didnt think they used the same ones that the alloys use. Maybe im wrong. Let me see if i can get a lug nut off and ill check it out. ill post a pic of what mine are on the 16's.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #13
tacoman05 is on a distinguished road
Navy: DEP Recruit
Name: Erik
tacoman05's Tacoma Gallery
Trust me they'll fit. I had a mechanic tell me once that they werent the right ones for my 17 sports but to this date ive never had any problems.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
Ive got tiger blood

hmmm thats weird. im sure they would work but without the right seat i would think they would gouge up the lug hole on the rim. Mine are definetly the acorn style lug.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0BlackTaco6 View Post
hmmm thats weird. im sure they would work but without the right seat i would think they would gouge up the lug hole on the rim. Mine are definetly the acorn style lug.

Those concial seat lugs. Do not use those on the sport rims.....

I have no doubt they "fit" onto the rim, but they will not seat correctly and will lead to rim damage.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
Ive got tiger blood

yea i thought so. I dont plan on using them dont worry.