Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

**BEWARE**

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
John is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
John's Tacoma Gallery
**BEWARE**

Just joined the forum a few days ago and noticed the link to a set of TRD Anthracite wheels on Toyota Nation. I'd been looking for them for a while and contacted the seller. He didn't have paypal and after talking several times on the phone and trying to find a better solution I finally submitted to sending a deposit via Western Union. ($100) He agreed to ship the wheels and get me a tracking #. It smelled rotten from the word "Go" but I've been searching for these for so long that I let my better judgment take a back seat. Needless to say the tracking info never came. I did some searching and found that he has done this before.

So I just wanted to give everyone a heads up and hopefully save them from going through this.

He goes by Alex, Richard, etc Voorhies. He says he lives in Rocklin, or Menifee or somewhere in California but he's actually from San Diego. He's running scams on tons of forums with different names every day and only accepting payment through western union. He's very polite on the phone but sounds young. He rarely posts photos in his sale threads because he doesn't actually have the merchandise. He'll email you pics that he's gotten from google search. A little research can save you a lot of money and his sales are ALWAYS $500 or less.

Good Luck

Old 03-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
jloe is on a distinguished road
Name: john
jloe's Tacoma Gallery
I've been trying to sell a set of tires and wheels for a VW and have had numerous attempts to scam me. I really cant believe how many scammers are out there. Sorry you got bit for the $$$ bud.hopefully someone strings this little bastard up by his balls. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
909tacoma is on a distinguished road
909tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
No picture
No Paypal
No deal...

Old 03-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
Thucker is on a distinguished road
Thucker's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry you got scammed. I'm the guy that PMed you on Toyotanation. He tried the same thing on me. I insisted we go through paypal. He said he just started a new checking account and his paypal will be down until he gets his debit card. He said there's a UPS that has a Western Union by his house, I can send him a money order and he'll ship it out while he's there. He sent me pictures. I did some research and found out that the pics he used are pictures that belonged to a member on here. I insisted that we go through paypal and that'd I can wait til his paypal is active again. he said he'll let me know when his paypal is up again.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
espdtrd11
espdtrd08 has a spectacular aura aboutespdtrd08 has a spectacular aura about

espdtrd08's Tacoma Gallery
Well im fu**ed! I am the idiot who just got ripped off for 413.00 dollars. I got so excited yesterday after buying these wheels finally for my truck and jumped on impulse. What is worse is that my wife is really pissed at me. I have been wanting these wheels for a while and finally saved up the little bit I had to get these and now have to start all over. To the guy that ripped me off, GFY I am in the military and have lots of connections. You will get caught you little POS. I have served my country for many years now and this is what I get from scumbags like yourself that can't get a real mans job like everyone else on this forum and earn an honest living.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #7
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by espdtrd08 View Post
Well im fu**ed! I am the retard who just got ripped off for 413.00 dollars. I got so excited yesterday after buying these wheels finally for my truck and jumped on impulse. What is worse is that my wife is really pissed at me. I have been wanting these wheels for a while and finally saved up the little bit I had to get these and now have to start all over. To the guy that ripped me off, GFY I am in the military and have lots of connections. You will get caught you little POS. I have served my country for many years now and this is what I get from scumbags like yourself that can't get a real mans job like everyone else on this forum and earn an honest living.
That sucks man. We kind of feel safe here on these forums but the dirtbags are everywhere.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Intel
Name: Jake
TTGuy711's Tacoma Gallery
If he does it as many times as it seems it'll only be a matter of time before he either gets caught or someone takes their own action. Either way is going to suck for him. Sorry to you guys that lost your money. Freakin scum of the world people do that crap.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
can you now track to where the money went? to an account with a name on it? with technology these days you should be able to figure something out. if you have everything documented ( pms and emails) then i would take legal action. there has to be a paper trail of where the money went.
Exactly. There are programs where you can easily track the i.p address. After that, it should be fairly easy to find an address. people like that deserve to get the shit beat outta them.
Also, someone posted a link to the TN ad yesterday, I knew instantly it was a scam.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #11
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads up. Glad to see you posting up. +1 for you.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #12
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Of course, i had to search for this prick. He's scammed about a dozen different fourms, and the best news is...........he's in the phillipines and the addresses he uses in Ca. are all fake. god i wish something awful happens to this guy.
http://forums.undergroundhiphop.com/...estionID=35835

Old 03-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
never buy something from someone you cant punch in the face

Old 03-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #14
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Just joined the forum a few days ago and noticed the link to a set of TRD Anthracite wheels on Toyota Nation. I'd been looking for them for a while and contacted the seller. He didn't have paypal and after talking several times on the phone and trying to find a better solution I finally submitted to sending a deposit via Western Union. ($100) He agreed to ship the wheels and get me a tracking #. It smelled rotten from the word "Go" but I've been searching for these for so long that I let my better judgment take a back seat. Needless to say the tracking info never came. I did some searching and found that he has done this before.

So I just wanted to give everyone a heads up and hopefully save them from going through this.

He goes by Alex, Richard, etc Voorhies. He says he lives in Rocklin, or Menifee or somewhere in California but he's actually from San Diego. He's running scams on tons of forums with different names every day and only accepting payment through western union. He's very polite on the phone but sounds young. He rarely posts photos in his sale threads because he doesn't actually have the merchandise. He'll email you pics that he's gotten from google search. A little research can save you a lot of money and his sales are ALWAYS $500 or less.

Good Luck
So do you have his phone #? If so you can search that way and possibly come up with an address.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #15
whitetacolove will become famous soon enoughwhitetacolove will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
whitetacolove's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
never buy something from someone you cant punch in the face
x2

Old 03-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #16
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Looks like he edited all 6 of his posts today on TN.com

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/se...archid=3181904

Old 03-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #17
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
My question is if your sending a money order to a physical address and the address doesn't exist, how is he getting your money.
dude said he drove to the other side of the state and there was no such apt number? How is it getting routed to the phillipines supposedly where this guy lives?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #18
John is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
John's Tacoma Gallery
okay first off he doesn't live in the Philippines.. That's funny.. And organizing a lynch mob on a forum he's probably keeping tabs on is useless.. I'm willing to help out here because this guy deserves to get his..

Old 03-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #19
John's Tacoma Gallery
Forum members Yotacoma and doubletaco have mentioned that they might have a set of these wheels available soon. Yotacoma said he hoped to have a set available by next week. 4 new Gun Metal TRD's for about $750. doubletaco has a used set in good condition that he might let go for around $550-$600. I was scammed by this guy but because I wasn't comfortable sending him the total amount I was only taken for $100. I can swallow that. Incidentally I just dropped another grand on a set of 5 new ones on another forum from a guy that I know. But as for espdTRD08, he was taken for over $400 and understandable isn't in the position to drop another $500-$1000 on another set.

I haven't worked out the specifics but I'd like to see if we can get some generous folks on the forum to donate what they can to a pot that will hopefully at least get him back to square one so he can afford one of the two sets mentioned. I'm not hugely internet savvy but I do have a paypal account and if payments are sent in the form of gifts, there are no fees taken. I am a proprietor of my own business and would be completely comfortable posting all of my information to insure my identity as well as anything required to prove who I am. If anyone has a better way of collecting a pot to help a fellow forum member out I'm open to suggestions.

Please post back so I can get an idea of interest and if this ball can get rolling I'll get the necessary information up to start taking donations.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:15 AM   #20
cobia23 will become famous soon enoughcobia23 will become famous soon enough
cobia23's Tacoma Gallery
I had been going back and forth with this guy through emails thinking I was buying these wheels. He wanted me to direct deposit the money into his account, but wouldn't take paypal. I was suspicious but like everyone else was willing to try to get these wheels at what seemed like a good deal. It turns out in this case that "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is" I too have been saving up to get these wheels and can not afford the sets going for $1000 and more.
As for espdTRD08, I really feel for ya man, I hope it works out for you somehow, If John gets something going for donations, I'll do what I can.

Closed Thread