Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

ebiach coils for 1st gen

Old 03-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
98Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: adam
98Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
WTB ebiach coils for 1st gen

looking for a set of ebiach coils springs to buy if anyone wants to get rid of theres that will give 3inch lift,. like the ones from toytec that can be paired with 5100s

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 03-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
jeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeffz0rz's Tacoma Gallery
whats wrong with the toytec springs? i need a set of +3 coils for my 96. never mind, just saw they weren't for the 5 lug
Old 03-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
get the toytec eibachs, theres no problem running them with 5100s
i have them on mine and i love them

EDIT: they say you shouldnt run them with the 5100s cause people are idiots and have the shocks set at 1.75 with the springs because it will exceed 3" which isnt good for the stock suspension etc. the only way you can use them is if the 5100s are set at 0 and youll have no problem since it will be at the stock setting
Old 03-24-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
get the toytec eibachs, theres no problem running them with 5100s
i have them on mine and i love them

EDIT: they say you cant run them with the 5100s cause people are idiots and have the shocks set at 1.75 with the springs. the only way you can use them is if the 5100s are set at 0 and youll have no problem since it will be at the stock setting
A lot run them with .85 setting and do just fine.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
with no damage to the cv boots?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #6
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yes, many members on here have them at this setting with no problems, and love the ride.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #7

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
meh.. maybe if im bored one day ill take them apart and see... maybe.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMatt02 View Post
Quote:

You CAN NOT! run the Eibachs on a 1st Gen at .85 that is for 2nd Gens. i have the Eibachs set a 0" and they gave me over 3" of lift if you set them any higher your going to cause damage to your truck that's if you can even get them on your truck set that high.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #9

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
You CAN NOT! run the Eibachs on a 1st Gen at .85 that is for 2nd Gens. i have the Eibachs set a 0" and they gave me over 3" of lift if you set them any higher your going to cause damage to your truck that's if you can even get them on your truck set that high.

thats what i thought.. i was kinda skeptical
Old 03-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #10
Banned

DOY! i was thinking second gen
Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #11

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
lol even with 1st gen in the title?
Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
lol even with 1st gen in the title?
haha i was just going through posts on the front page, didn't even look
Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #13

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
just givin you some shit lol its cool
Old 03-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #14
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMatt02 View Post
Quote:
First gen 5100's don't have a .85 setting. Second Gen Eibachs don't lift 3" which is why members use the .85 setting.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #15

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
the only setting i know on mine are 0 and MAXIMUM!!!! i forgot the rest.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #16
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the only setting i know on mine are 0 and MAXIMUM!!!! i forgot the rest.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #17
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
how do eibachs ride compared to stock, or a spacer lift?
Old 03-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #18
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 03-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #19
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
how do eibachs ride compared to stock, or a spacer lift?

I don't know about a spacer lift but compared to stock it's night and day i love them. They are stiff on some stuff but I can blaze down a fire road and hit bumps and the 5100's and Eibachs just adsorb it.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #20
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I apologize for this potentialy retarded newb question, but this is the setup I have been hoping to go with for a while now on my prerunner (3" lift eibachs and then use the 5100s to gain extra lift.) Why/how is this bad for the truck? Would shock extenders fix this problem? If somebady could explain this to me, I would really appreciate it. (Don't mean to thread jack... I'm just curious...)