FS/FT: Kenwood DDX-8017 Head Unit

Old 03-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Okie!
Joehs is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
Joehs's Tacoma Gallery
FS/FT: Kenwood DDX-8017 Head Unit

Hey all,

Well, looks like I made a bad call for the g/f again. Picked this up to surprise her, turns out she doesn't like it. I don't need it, since I'm running an active setup off my Alpine 9887. This is a pretty comprehensive unit, containing timing alignment and other eq capabilities. I'd use it in my truck, but really I'm kinda married to my 9887.

This unit will come with everything you would need to install it in an 05+ taco, including a metra double din dash kit, textured gray, and a brand new, sealed wiring harness. This will also go into older trucks, but the dash kit will not work with them.

This unit will come with all sorts of accessories:
Ipod Controller - for hook up and control of your Ipod via the head unit.
Sirius Radio - compatibility for head unit to receive and control sirius radio
navigation Unit - Navigation plugin which allows the head unit to have and control navigation.

Features of this unit are as follows:
in-dash DVD player with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
fits double-sized (4" tall) dash openings
motorized faceplate with 6.5" LCD video screen with adjustable display angle and touchscreen controls
plays DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, DVD+Rs, DVD+RWs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, MP3/WMA CDs, JPEG, and MPEG1 and 2 files
on-board 5.1 channel surround sound decoding
Circle Surround Automotive simulates surround sound
SRS WOW offers three settings for wide soundfield, enhanced bass, and soundstage focus
4-band parametric EQ
digital crossover system
Installer Memory saves audio/video settings even if power is disconnected
XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready (you can add satellite radio for under $100, plus subscription)
compatible with Kenwood's iPod Control Interface
HD Radio-ready (Kenwood HD Radio tuner required)
CD changer/TV tuner controls
rear-view camera input
input for a compatible Kenwood navigation system
two audio/video inputs
audio/video output
dual-zone capable
5-volt front, rear, subwoofer, center channel preamp outputs
wireless remote control
CR-2 tuner
18 FM/6 AM presets
DVD frequency response: 20-22,000 Hz
DVD signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf

I'm not particularly in a hurry to sell this, so it's priced that way. I'll consider offers, but I'd like to stay in the ballpark. If it doesn't sell i'll just hang on to it and either put it in anyway, or put it in a friends car.

With all the accessories and hardware included, I'd like to get around $550 shipped.

There are a few things I'd be looking for in trades in order of interest:
-Leaf Packs ( All Pro/Dakar/etc, preferably in the 3" range)
-UCA's (Preferably Uniball, but for the right ball joints I might be interested)
-Alpine KTX-100EQ or H701 sound processors.
-Wet Okoles for a 05+ DC TRD OR
-DT headers

Thanks for looking!
~Joey

Edited for pictures:

Blue tape is just painters tape to keep it from scratching up during shipment. I had it all boxed up and forgot to take pics :x

Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
interested in pics.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
Okie!
Joehs's Tacoma Gallery
Pics pending my arrival at home. Apologies for the listing without them.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
Okie!
Joehs's Tacoma Gallery
bump for pics!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
project tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
project tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Are you interested in any bang bang toys for the set up?

I am in Denton TX area and would be willing to meet half way...
Old 03-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
Your GF did not like this? what else did she want for the price? I am sure you could have done your homework. Girls just dont care about electronics...Get her a purse or DIAMONDS!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:00 AM   #8
Okie!
Joehs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVHARD25 View Post
Your GF did not like this? what else did she want for the price? I am sure you could have done your homework. Girls just dont care about electronics...Get her a purse or DIAMONDS!

She was goin on and on about how she wishes her car had the ability to plug in her ipod and had a gps and blah blah blah.

I guess she was turned off by all the features and depth in this unit. It was probably alittle over her head, but I thought it was a good buy for her. Turns out she wants something more like my 9887. So, I bought her one of those instead :P She wants diamonds and purses, but really, how many purses can she need, and I don't make enough money to buy her diamonds :P

Morning bump! Couple interested parties, looking into some possible things but nothing final yet.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #10
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
pm'd