Notices

Looking for a door lock actuator

Old 09-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Offroad Enthusiast
BrianPK is on a distinguished road
BrianPK's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BrianPK
Looking for a door lock actuator

stripped a gear in my 01 power door lock, so everytime i lock the doors, i get this loud grinding sound.

toyota wants 321 something for it.

i'm hoping that someone out there might have something.

drivers side, power locks,

THANKS
Old 09-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I know the Gen 2 (05+) is wire driven. Are the Gen 1 the same? If so I have a friend that owns a car stereo shop that can get wire driven actuators. I am not sure if they will work with factory equipment. He ordered me some so I can have keyless entry in my reg cab with out power locks.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
jvand678 is on a distinguished road
jvand678's Tacoma Gallery
discount on toyota parts

I had to replace the driver's door actuator in my wifes 4runner and you're right, Toyota nails ya on the price of that stupid thing. Anway, I don't have one but here's a guy that's offering at least a discounted price on any Toyota OEM parts with a membership to Tundra Solutions.

here's the link:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...ota-parts-all/

good luck man and hope this helps