1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Unichip on Ebay

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by jvand678, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Sep 21, 2008 at 3:12 PM
    jvand678

jvand678 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lubbock, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 Dbl CabTRD Sport 4x4 Black
    Westin Nerf bars, full window tint, redline hood struts, Icon Coilovers, Wheeler Add a Leaf 3 pack (on its way)
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 21, 2008 at 7:36 PM
    tc2008

tc2008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garden Grove, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Speedway Blue
    8000K HID light, LED map and dome light, cluster + AC blue, Camburg 2.5 front and rear, Deaver 10 Packs. Satoshi Grille, Eyelids, Carbon fiber hood w/ scoop, BHLM, 285/75/16 km2s, KMC enduros
    is it seriously add 40 + sumtin HP to our car?

3. Sep 21, 2008 at 8:38 PM
    jvand678

Member:
    Lubbock, TX
    Vehicle:
    Westin Nerf bars, full window tint, redline hood struts, Icon Coilovers, Wheeler Add a Leaf 3 pack (on its way)
    No, I couldn't possibly make that claim of 40 hp! So, as for the ad, take it for what it's worth, just someone who knows nada about the chip trying to sell it.

So if you already know what it is and know what it does, here's an ad on ebay. Also, I think the guy is asking way way too much for a used unichip. Try to make him an offer and tell him that one sold on there 2 weeks ago for 330... And I know it did because that's how much I paid for mine.

Anway, I've got mine installed and I can tell that it has more power, better throttle response and I finally broke 20mpg but I haven't dyno'd it so I don't know any exact numbers.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Sep 21, 2008 at 8:39 PM
    tc2008

tc2008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garden Grove, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Speedway Blue
    8000K HID light, LED map and dome light, cluster + AC blue, Camburg 2.5 front and rear, Deaver 10 Packs. Satoshi Grille, Eyelids, Carbon fiber hood w/ scoop, BHLM, 285/75/16 km2s, KMC enduros
    how do you dyno it? and wat's mpg now?

5. Sep 22, 2008 at 7:02 AM
    jvand678

Member:
    Lubbock, TX
    Vehicle:
    As for the dyno, I'd have to take it to a shop where they have a dyno machine and make a couple of test runs to get a baseline, then plug the chip in and see what the difference would be. There are shops that specialize deal the unichip and for a price, they'll dyno your rig and give you a specific map for the chip spec'd for your exact car, not just a basic generic map of you have an intake and an aftermarket exhaust.

For mpg, I can't give accurate numbers since I only have one tank of gas through it and I got a new exhaust at the same time. So, to say the least I've been enjoying the sound and power a little too much to see the mpg change too much. I will say that even with that, I broke the 20 mark when my old personal best was 19.2 driving very conservatively.

any other q's feel free to ask.

6. Nov 13, 2008 at 10:42 AM
    cole47

cole47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Hickory NC
    Vehicle:
    Ray of Sunshine
    lift, wheels, tires
    i have a unichip in my 04 tacoma and it gave me around 4 mpg better than i was getting before

Products Discussed in

To Top