Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Metalmiller Front Skid Feeler

Old 04-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

MetalMiller's Tacoma Gallery
Metalmiller Front Skid Feeler

I'm about to get some time to do a batch of front skid plates in the next couple of weeks. I have the capabilites to do some pretty detailed custom work on them since they are waterjet cut. I would use the same process I use for my emblems, just on a larger piece of metal.

The Product:
My front skid plates are a direct replacement for the thin stock plate. These are made of 3/16" steel and bolts on the same way as the stock skid. The stock skids would have trouble with anything more than sticks and small rocks, I'm very confident that my plate could stop a bullet. (I havent found any volunteers to let me shoot at their truck yet, but you get my point)

I'm going to do some creative durability tests in the next couple of weeks and post the results. (possibly involving bullets )

The Price:
Base price on a skid with no cut outs is 290
for custom cut outs add 20 bucks (could vary depending on how detailed the design is)

I do offer powdercoating in all basic colors for an additional 50 dollars

If I get 4+ interested in rhino lining, I can add that as an option. This would be about 60. I'll have to double check on that pricing.

Shipping is 40

Pics:
Both my hard drives recently crashed, so I dont have great pics right now, but here is what I have already on my imageshack. If any of you guys that already have one could post some pics, I'd really appreciate it!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Feel free to contact me via PM or email at Metalmillerorders@gmail.com
Old 04-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
How far do these skids extend? How much coverage do they provide?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
FEELER: Can more people follow metalmiller's example in the use of the word feeler. Everyone just seems to put it to try to say they want top dollar since it doesn't matter if they sell it.

This has been a feeler.

BTW metalmiller, great looking skids and I'm sure they would sell well.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great Jeff!

Once I can un-dent my wallet, I might have to look into these
Old 04-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
KCCO!!!
MrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Honorable discharge
MrJKC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
Looks great Jeff!

Once I can un-dent my wallet, I might have to look into these

between my girlfriend, my baby and reading this site... i don't think my wallet will ever get un-dented
Old 04-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Haha yeah. I'm almost at $1000 just on my truck for the last month
Old 04-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #8
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to doing some creative testing on these, I kinda want to test my bullet proof comment.

For the coverage question, they cover as far back as the stock skid and cover a tad more width. I'll be working on a second piece that will work with my skid to offer more protection further back.

I'm really pushin the custom aspect, if you guys have a design you'd like on there, just send me a pic and I can cut it out
Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 AM   #9
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
I bought one of these skids a while back, and it is definitely a HUGE upgrade over the stock unit!

Great product, great price, and the 'customer service' was good.

Only of the holes didnt line up exactly, but it wasn't off by much.

I would definitely buy his products again.

Note to MetalMiller: I'm waitin for you to come out with more skids...
Old 04-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #10

Well hopefully I'll have some more in the very near future.

I've tweaked my design a bit since the last time and the hole alignment is no longer an issue
Old 04-09-2011, 07:22 AM   #12

If the stock skid fits on it, it will fit. Otherwise, I'll need to find one that's lifted and measure it. By the way, anyone in the Shreveport/bossier Louisiana area with a 1st gen willing to let me take some measurements?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #13

I cut a sample one out with my "M" logo on it, I'll post pics a little later when I get home
Old 04-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #14
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
Well hopefully I'll have some more in the very near future.

I've tweaked my design a bit since the last time and the hole alignment is no longer an issue

Feel free to send me the prototypes- I'll be happy to test them for ya
Old 04-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #15
Silly-villian
battlegeek is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Geek
Name: Eric
battlegeek's Tacoma Gallery
Ha! I was looking for a skid plate, and this is perfect! Once you get them running, I'll take one, black with "GEEK" cut out.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #16

I'll start taking orders now if you guys know of something you'd like. Here are a couple of pics I did of a 0skid with my logo before I sent it to the powdercoater.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #17

Looks like I will be able to do a test or 2 this evening. I'll post pics/vids as soon as I can.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #18

Tests got postponed til tomorrow, but I picked up my skid from the powdercoater today and this is what I got:

I am VERY pleased with the quality of their work. After getting back a quality finish, it's safe to say that I'm open for business. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in a custom skid. I can do text and endless other designs. You can also email me at metalmillerorders@gmail.com.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #19

Came up with this after drawing up a hitch cover and front emblem
Old 04-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #20
CJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to behold
Army: RN-Army Reserve 66H
Name: Clint
CJH9980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
Came up with this after drawing up a hitch cover and front emblem
Epic.