1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: Grom Audio USB MP3 car kit: USB/AUX/IPOD

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by lbridges, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Apr 8, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    lbridges

lbridges [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    SOLD:
    For sale: One almost new Grom Audio USB/Aux?iPod box with the iPod cable add-on. Bought from Grom Audio a few weeks ago. Box at $124.99 and iPod cable at $19.75. Sell shipped via USPS flat rate for $100 OBO.

And yes, I've not been a member here very long so maybe it would help to know I was a member of the Toyota MR2 Spyder community for the last 6 years. Last thing I sold was over there in this thread .

Reason for sale - Part A. I have a 2011 PreRunner DC and am having some sort of problem with the Grom unit and its ability to read text. As a result I could only sell this to someone with an older Toyota or someone willing to live with the limitation. A mini discussion of the problem (and possible cause) is in this thread (if you look for my post down low on 1st page). http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...s-ipod-interface-come-standard-any-tacos.html
    Reason for Sale - Part B: I now have the OEM iPod interface and while it doesn't do USB like I wanted, it does work in the 2011 model with no problems. Hence the sale of the Grom.

I modified nothing on the unit. Pic below is from the Grom Audio site. I really suck at photography, but could manage a pic of the actual item if it would help a potential buyer. Oh, and I'm located near Melbourne Florida, and if we meet I would gladly knock 10 bucks off the price to avoid the shipping cost & hassle.

[​IMG]

2. Apr 17, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    lbridges

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    Bump - before it goes on EBay.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Apr 17, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    lbridges

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    As requested - real world photo of item.

[​IMG]

4. May 7, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    Scooter

Scooter Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD Sport Short Box
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    PM sent

5. May 7, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    lbridges

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    PM replied.

6. May 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    Scooter

Scooter Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    Second PM sent. I'm assuming the wire harness will fit an 08 JBL stock radio.

7. May 8, 2011 at 4:42 AM
    lbridges

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    That I don't know. I have read from others it does, but I personally can't confirm since I don't know anyone with a JBL in a Tacoma. The unit plugs into a 12 pin connector on the back of the headunit.

The best answer would be to ask Grom Audio directly, and make sure they support the specific year and model.

8. May 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM
    lbridges

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    Sold to Scooter

9. May 25, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    Scooter

Scooter Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    I received the Grom adapter today in the mail. Thanks, lbridges, for sending it quickly and packing it well. I didn't even get charged any duties or taxes. It just came straight to my house. I will try it out soon and let you know how it works. It was a pleasure doing business with you.:)

10. May 25, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    Scooter

Scooter Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    I just installed it, and it works great in my 2008 JBL stereo. The text works well too.

11. May 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    lbridges

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    Alls' well that ends well - it was a pleasure doing business with you as well. Especially good that the US and CA border people were kind.

12. Jul 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    Scooter

Scooter Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Grom adapter had a bussing noise when I connected an iPod Touch to it. The noise was obviously from the iPod because I heard the sams noise when I docked the iPod to a clock radio. However, the noise was much more prominent with the Grom adapter. I was asking Grom an unrelated question when I mentioned about the buzzing noise. They asked me for my full name so they can look up my purchase record for warranty replacement. I told the I did not buy it from Grom but from lbridges, so I didn't think i had any warraty coverage. Grom told me they will cover the replacement under lbridges' warranty. I sent the unit in, and received a replacement. No more buzzing! :yay: I purchased a Bluetooth dongle from them, and it all works great. Grom's service is great, and I would not hessitate to recommend them to others.

Products Discussed in

To Top