FS: Grom Audio USB MP3 car kit: USB/AUX/IPOD

Old 04-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Grom Audio USB MP3 car kit: USB/AUX/IPOD

SOLD:
For sale: One almost new Grom Audio USB/Aux?iPod box with the iPod cable add-on. Bought from Grom Audio a few weeks ago. Box at $124.99 and iPod cable at $19.75. Sell shipped via USPS flat rate for $100 OBO.

And yes, I've not been a member here very long so maybe it would help to know I was a member of the Toyota MR2 Spyder community for the last 6 years. Last thing I sold was over there in this thread .

Reason for sale - Part A. I have a 2011 PreRunner DC and am having some sort of problem with the Grom unit and its ability to read text. As a result I could only sell this to someone with an older Toyota or someone willing to live with the limitation. A mini discussion of the problem (and possible cause) is in this thread (if you look for my post down low on 1st page). http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...any-tacos.html
Reason for Sale - Part B: I now have the OEM iPod interface and while it doesn't do USB like I wanted, it does work in the 2011 model with no problems. Hence the sale of the Grom.

I modified nothing on the unit. Pic below is from the Grom Audio site. I really suck at photography, but could manage a pic of the actual item if it would help a potential buyer. Oh, and I'm located near Melbourne Florida, and if we meet I would gladly knock 10 bucks off the price to avoid the shipping cost & hassle.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
Air Force:
Bump - before it goes on EBay.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
Air Force:
As requested - real world photo of item.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
Air Force:
PM replied.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #7
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Second PM sent. I'm assuming the wire harness will fit an 08 JBL stock radio.
That I don't know. I have read from others it does, but I personally can't confirm since I don't know anyone with a JBL in a Tacoma. The unit plugs into a 12 pin connector on the back of the headunit.

The best answer would be to ask Grom Audio directly, and make sure they support the specific year and model.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
Air Force:
Sold to Scooter
Old 05-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Received it today.

I received the Grom adapter today in the mail. Thanks, lbridges, for sending it quickly and packing it well. I didn't even get charged any duties or taxes. It just came straight to my house. I will try it out soon and let you know how it works. It was a pleasure doing business with you.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
Air Force:
Alls' well that ends well - it was a pleasure doing business with you as well. Especially good that the US and CA border people were kind.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #12
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing Service From Grom

The Grom adapter had a bussing noise when I connected an iPod Touch to it. The noise was obviously from the iPod because I heard the sams noise when I docked the iPod to a clock radio. However, the noise was much more prominent with the Grom adapter. I was asking Grom an unrelated question when I mentioned about the buzzing noise. They asked me for my full name so they can look up my purchase record for warranty replacement. I told the I did not buy it from Grom but from lbridges, so I didn't think i had any warraty coverage. Grom told me they will cover the replacement under lbridges' warranty. I sent the unit in, and received a replacement. No more buzzing! I purchased a Bluetooth dongle from them, and it all works great. Grom's service is great, and I would not hessitate to recommend them to others.