*** Haven't spent much time on this forum... just bought a Taco and can't justify two vehicles. I've been on www.advrider.com for years, same user name. I have numerous transactions on that site with no problems. Thanks!***
FS 2005 Mercedes Benz / Dodge Sprinter van, 118" wheelbase, short roof, passenger version. The van has 33K miles on it and will be available in the San Diego area after Friday, 03 OCT (I am moving from Reno area). This is the smallest, lightest, most fuel efficient Sprinter made. The 118" passenger versions are extremely rare in the states, especially low mileage examples. The 2.7 liter will burn both high and low sulfur fuel, making it an ideal adventure vehicle. Sale price is $23,850.
This van is built by MB, imported by Dodge, and I have converted it back to the original MB badging. The van has a 2.7 liter MB turbodiesel that gets fantastic fuel mileage. On a recent cross-country trip at altitudes from 4k to 8k, I got an actual 27 MPG at 65 MPH. At sea level, driving 60 MPH, I get from 29-31 MPG.
I pay $380 less a year for insurance on the Sprinter compared with a pickup. If you average 28 mpg and pay $3.85 for diesel in the Sprinter and average 18 mpg and pay $3.65 for regular unleaded, you will save nearly $1,200 A YEAR compared to a truck. I got those prices off the gas station across the street YMMV.
The van is excellent as a motorcycle moving / camping platform. The low deck height allows you to load bikes VERY easily. I typically only use a single ramp to load even heavy bikes. A bike as big as an R12GS fits in with LOTS of room to spare. A smaller dirt bike such as a KTM 690 will fit in diagonally while still retaining a row of seats.
- 5 speed auto tranny (w/ manual shift similar to 'tiptronic')
- 26 gallon tank - 700 mile range
- Passenger version: 2 rows of removable seats (total 8, including front buckets), driver comfort seats, headliner, interior trim
- Oil monitoring system (ASSYST), average more than 12k miles between changes
- Transmission cooler
- Keyless entry
- Fog lamps
- Cruise control
- Wired for Ipod using factory radio
- 2" receiver retains stock spare tire position (these are hard to find)
- Tires have approx 8k miles on them (had snow tires mounted previously)
- Full service history
- Original sticker: $33,176
- Title in hand
- Door ding on right side
- Chip in windshield, bottom right, out of driver sightline
- Repair work done over driver's door from low overpass
Please PM me or email through this site. Until 03 OCT, the van will be in Fallon, NV and can be viewed there. Any questions, please ask!