1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler: BHLM / Morimoto DS2 Projector / Clear Lens

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Muy Grande, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Apr 24, 2011 at 6:41 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.

I've already gone that route, I actually used Krylon spray paint for plastic and baked them. They came out really great but I noticed that I just put it on to thick and the paint started to run. If push comes to shove, I know I can do BHLM on OEM but it just takes more time (paint, dry time, paint, dry time, bake, etc......).

But I will keep the BBQ spray in mind, never heard that one before. :D

2. Apr 25, 2011 at 9:06 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Since these are very popular. I have decided to make a few more. I will be making 3 sets for sure with a possible 4th. Two of the Headlights will be Euros (meaning BHLM with Clear Lense), one will be a "Murdered Out" Headlight meaning (I will paint the reflector bowl and shrouds so that they are all black). The 4th will be a BHLM with the original Toyota corner orange reflector and the yellow tinted DTRL lense.

3 of the Headlight Kits will be brand spanking new. The 4th will be in slightly used condition (this one will probably get the corner reflectors and tinted DTRL lense).

All Headlights will feature the Morimoto Projectors/Apollo Shrouds/PNP Adapter.

3 Headlights will have 35w 6000k (white w/ tint of blue) DS2 Bulbs and one will have 35w 4300K (White).

I will add a flat $30 shipping fee (this will cover insurance, confirmation, and some packaging). This fee should accomodate our friends in Alaska, not sure about Hawaii but if there is interest I'll look into it.

I want to at least make $75 bucks as a ROI and I think that is a fair price. (If you want to pay me more, I will gladly take more.)

Final price will be as follows:

1. (2 sets) Euro BHLM Projectors - $410 Shipped each.
    2. Murdered Out Projector - $415 Shipped.
    3. Possible 4th Headlight Projector with orange reflector if there is interest- $385 Shipped.

You might be asking yourself why my price has gone up from $350 for the first pair. The reason being I had all the stuff already and headlights were not brand new, so to be fair I posted them a little lower. The first pair sold for $375 shipped.

1 pair of headlights is already spoken for - 907taco (you have dibs on any of this if you like).

The rest are up for grabs. I will honor PM's in the order received. If you're serious and want to lock up a set, I will ask that you provide a small deposit lets say 1/4 of the price. Since I will be ordering this stuff today lets give it about 2-3 weeks for these to be done. That will give you guys some time to save up or sale stuff.

Again thanks, hopefully this works out. :D

3. Apr 25, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    bobby15

bobby15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB 4x4 magnetic grey tacoma
    Dibs on a set !!

4. Apr 25, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    alright i will take the murdered out pair. just send me payment info and i will square up via pay pal.

5. Apr 25, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    Yota 4.0

Yota 4.0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB TRD Off Road
    i call dibs on one set please..

Same set that just sold 35W 6000k

PM sent

6. Apr 25, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Update: I have the following.

1. Bobby15 - Euros/BHLM/6000k
    2. 907taco - Mudered Out/BHLM/6000k - Deposit placed.
    3. Yota 4.0 - Euros/BHLM/6000k - Deposit placed.

I'm going to work on the Murdered Out Black Headlights first because I want to see what they will look like. I have placed the order with TRS for the kits and have the headlights on the way. :D

I still have one kit for grabs w/ 4300k bulbs.

7. Apr 25, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    Thucker

Thucker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 Mag. Gray BC LB Sport 4x4
    Crazy that there's that big of a demand for these retrofits. The Morimoto projectors are are very easy to retrofit. I'm surprised people don't just do their own. Oh well, easy business for John. Good job.

8. Apr 25, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    blawrie

blawrie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Here's my Mini D2S retro on my 2010 White Tacoma for ya...

Driver Headlight.jpg
    Passenger Headlight.jpg

9. Apr 25, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    Hey guys that did the retrofit on your own. I might play around with my oem headlights in the future. Whats the process you did for baking apart the lens from the casing ?

10. Apr 25, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    blawrie

blawrie Well-Known Member

Member:
    300F for 10mins worked for me

11. Apr 25, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Yes, those look excellent........but I'm thinking of all Chrome. You have the newer tinted lights. :D

Good work man. :drool:

12. Apr 25, 2011 at 2:53 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Pre-heat @ 300F........then Turn Off the oven and stick them in for 10mins.

You don't want melt your Headlights Recko. :D

13. Apr 26, 2011 at 9:35 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Looks like my order from TRS has been shipped. I ordered 4 kits. Looks like the Euro Headlights will be shipped today. :D

14. Apr 26, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    FamouzStarz

FamouzStarz The illest taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    so the euro headlights are those ebay lights that are retrofitted? or are all the headlights (housings) oem?

im interested in a set and curious to see what these sets turn out like i hope you post pics with details on each :cool:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  15. Apr 26, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD

The Euro Headlights are from Ebay with TRS retro fit components except for the 1st pair I sold those were a Hybrid (used Euro lense/BHLM/reflectors w/ OEM Reflector Bowl and Housing).

Going the Euro route, saves time, money and makes them more consistant. No need to prep, paint, bake and wait.

This can be done to OEM Headlights also, but I prefer not to mess around with doing the BHLM again because of what I just listed above.

Keep up with this thread, I'll post up some pics when they are getting done. Maybe you can get your hands on a set. :D

16. Apr 26, 2011 at 11:38 AM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    nice what about later on down the road when those ebay lights have that film peeling can, i suppose the lenses can just be replaced with new ones?

17. Apr 26, 2011 at 1:03 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Oh do you mean like when the OEM's get that crap too!!!! I suppose you can always buy OEM lenses down the road right. :rolleyes:

18. Apr 26, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
  19. Apr 26, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    I had never seen that before......but from reading the whole post. It seems to take years for that to happen and it happens to the OEM headlights too. So........not only do the OEMs get the yellowish tint, I have now discovered that some have a peeling effect according to what one posted. So what now. :rolleyes:

I guess it's safe to say that with time something like this might happen.

20. Apr 26, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    FamouzStarz

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    oh well i think im in for a set anyways once the pix are uploaded:D

Products Discussed in

To Top