Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

trade my Super Duty 6.0 for your Tacoma!

Old 05-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
beef TACO no rice has a spectacular aura aboutbeef TACO no rice has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
beef TACO no rice's Tacoma Gallery
trade my Super Duty 6.0 for your Tacoma!

05 FX4 Super Duty 6.0 - Lifted/Loaded/Clean - FOR TRADE/SALE
hello everyone,

im looking to down size from the super duty to something like a single cab or even double tacoma or ranger or something similar.. i origionally had a 07 single cab taco and sold it for this beast, and now dont need the power of the diesel.. I WANT BACK INTO A TACOMA!!!

WHY - got hired with a fire dept and the drive is about an hour and half on a good day, and i just dont need the beast anymore. the payments are killing me and i need a way out.

$$$ - I owe 23k on the truck.. bought it for just under 27k fall of last year.. kelly blue book on the truck is about 19-20k..

ASKING - I realize im upside down in this thing and just want out.. so if someone was to buy it out right, if i could get 18k for it, i would eat the rest.. if i could find someone with a smaller truck looking to trade up, then i would be willing to trade, and take a little cash..

SPECS - Tuck has 106,000 miles and runs like new.. havnt had ANY issues with it at all. only thing i am saving for, is a fix for the death wobble.. if you know these trucks, then you know its nothing new. if you dont know what it is, research it.

charcoal ext./black leather interior.
fx4 package
4x4
power everything
fully loaded
excellent condition
no dings, dents, scratches, etc.

MODS -
6" Lift
20" black rockstars
35" dick cepecks
banks full exhaust
AFE cold air
flip out head touch screen head unit
harley head lights

my main objective here is to generate offers, and primarily looking for a trade.. thats where both partys will come out winning..

vehicle is located in Orlando, FL

for questions you can Email me for quicker reply.

djderamo@gmail.com

thanks everyone!
-Dave
Attached Thumbnails
trade my Super Duty 6.0 for your Tacoma!-truck-median.jpg  
Old 05-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
ne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erick Iglesias
ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with your sale bro.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
Demon Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Robert
Demon Taco's Tacoma Gallery
glws,I love those trucks,but the cost of fuel would keep me walking.i got out of my dodge ram just in time.i hope you find one.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
beef TACO no rice has a spectacular aura aboutbeef TACO no rice has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
thanks guys! the cost of the diesel vs regular is whats bad... the mileage really isnt bad.. highway maybe 16-18.. city 12ish..

miss my taco tho man.. if i did it again, i wouldnt go with such big meats.. having a 4cyl manual, it was too much of a dog.. but still miss the little guy!!
Old 05-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I have a friend in the same situation, he bought a SuperDuty F-250 diesel, quad cabs the works about a year ago when gas was around $2.60. Now he can't afford to fill it up anymore now that diesel is over $4.00. For the right person this is a good deal (foreman, contractor, boat enthusiasts etc.) Good luck with the sale its a great looking truck...

Have you tried taking it to Carmax to see what they'll offer you?
Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
Firefighter:
thanks man, ya its a perfect opportunity for anyone trying to get into a bigger truck for the above mentioned reasons..

and the thing with carmax is, they are decent with their buyout prices, but they will knock you for everything you have aftermarket, bc they dont sell ANYTHING aftermarket.. so they would have to return the truck to complete stock.. exhaust, suspension, wheels, tires, radio, etc, etc.. so it would kill the price.. they probably would just be like... no thanks.. lol

but for anyone that is going to do mod the truck when they get it anyways, this will save you/them a ton..
Old 05-09-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Firefighter:
ttt
Old 05-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
dave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddave831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
dave831's Tacoma Gallery
So someone wants a reg. Tacoma in trade for my dream truck huh....... You have any more pics? Shit that's a longgggggg road trip!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #11
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
for you reluctant ford diesel fans, the 6.0 does indeed have a bad rep but the 05-07s were actually somewhat good.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #12
Firefighter:
johnw - ya i think have seen yours out on the road.. love your truck man.

and yes i have heard the same, 05-07's most of the problems were worked out or werent giving the issues that the others were.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #14
Firefighter:
Gusher- thanks man, your truck looks great..
Old 05-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #15
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

97T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Went from a 2008 F-350 6.4 twin turbo diesel to my Tacoma the last time diesel fuel went to $4/gallon. I feel your pain bro but am glad I bit the bullet back in '08. GLWS!
now those on the other hand sucked .... my old work had a 2010 f450 crew and it was in the shop all the time ... best was all the times the cab had to come off the chassis to work on it!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #16
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
that is unbelievably tempting.....i hate the fact that i even saw this thread now i will be thinking about it all the time
Old 05-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #17
what did I miss?
skunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedskunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudi
skunk's Tacoma Gallery
glws, its a sharp truck!

I have had a similar series of events, went from a 2001 S-runner to a 2007 FX4 6.0 Superduty. I did it with towing and long haul driving in mind and it was supreme for those scenarios. Then I moved back to San Diego..... I took a hit and just traded it in for my 4x4 DC during the Toyota accelerator scam. Even then Diesel was expensive but now it is just ridiculous!

If you are looking for the king of tow vehicles this is it! I could have 4 passengers with a full size car in tow and still pass people on grades. All that with a lift and 35" meat. These 6.0 powerplants don't even sweat with that kind of load. That is the definition of a BEAST!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #18
Tacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
Tacomadude89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
for you reluctant ford diesel fans, the 6.0 does indeed have a bad rep but the 05-07s were actually somewhat good.
They are all good engines, however the headgasket issue which the 6.0 primarily got it's bad rep from is easily resolved with proper head stud replacement. Not a bad engine in anyway, it just happened to have a design flaw from the beginning which in turn got it bad rep, however can be resolved.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #19
Resident T100 guy

97T's Tacoma Gallery
my neighbor had an 04 and blew the turbos twice ... and from what i was told that issue was fixed on 05+ .... but yes ive heard the head studs are the primary issue on those motors.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #20
Firefighter:
Hahah thanks guys..

skunk - ya man these things are power houses, and they are AWESOME for long hauls and comfort while driving.. i love it... will miss it too..

and ya the head stud and gasket issue is one i had planned on doing, but i dont have the cash to take care of it!.. and i have also heard about the turbo issues, and regardless, i cant afford the payments right now, let alone a repair!

the truck is still available, and i had a guy from a diesel performance shop out of texas offer me 18,000.. im on the fence with it, im just trying to get a co-signer for a side loan of 20,000.. that way i have 5k to pay out my current loan, and will have 15k left over for a 05-06 DC taco.. they are all over ebay/auto trader with about 100k miles, for about 13-15k cash..

so thats probably going to be my plan of attack.. just trying to get this co-sign issue taken care of