Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

SOLD!! 1970 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed

Old 05-24-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Cool SOLD!! 1970 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed

SOLD

$26,500

It's time to let her go.
Yes, not a Tacoma, but there might be some interest in here.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2399665869.html

PM me with any questions. Thanks.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
dude... for reals? keep that if you can
Old 05-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Oh my God does that bring back some memories! When I was young and dumb (as opposed to old and dumb), I took a test drive in an identical Chevelle. I was running it through the gears, going maybe 90 when a Mass. State trooper pulled me over. He asked me what I thought I was up to. I said I was taking the car for a test drive. He just said " do yourself a favor kid, bring it back and forget about it, you'll kill yourself in this thing" and walked away. I took his advise. I'd love to get my hands on one now, but really can't. Good luck with the sale, I hope it goes to a good home.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
beautiful car, good luck with sale. I wish I could buy it from you
Old 05-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just sold my 70 nova

GLWS!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #7
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
^looks like a clean Nova.

I really don't have to sell it, but I never drive it. I'm getting married this year and could use the money to remodel my house.

It'll be very difficult to find a numbers matching '70 SS at this price, that is unless it's in really bad shape.

Thanks all!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Nutts
stormtrooper37 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
stormtrooper37's Tacoma Gallery
dear santa, . . .
Old 05-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #9
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
I need me this Chevelle
Old 05-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of engine please? How many miles does it have now, I saw what you had when you bought it 2 years ago. Repainted when? Interior carpeting original? Undercoating? Any accidents even though sheet metal original? What state is the car originally from? Close up pics of the rust issue please?

I am asking here via this post not out of disrespect but in case may also want to know.

I'm an SS fan myself and would love to have another one added to the stable. Here's mine, second owner, 89K, bought from grandmother - all original with buildsheet. :

Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #11
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i once approached my mom's attorney about buying the mystery chevy under the cover of her garage. it was her dad's car. i thought it was a 70's chevelle. grey, black stripes..i remember lifting the cover and discovering a 70's big block el camino. at the time i was bummed.

your car is a beauty. if you lived closer, i would be fighting with my wife right now.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #12
--- --- --- - ----

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Pics of engine please? How many miles does it have now, I saw what you had when you bought it 2 years ago. Repainted when? Interior carpeting original? Undercoating? Any accidents even though sheet metal original? What state is the car originally from? Close up pics of the rust issue please?

I am asking here via this post not out of disrespect but in case may also want to know.

I'm an SS fan myself and would love to have another one added to the stable. Here's mine, second owner, 89K, bought from grandmother - all original with buildsheet. :

All I have now is a camera phone pic.

Right now it has about 89-90k miles. No accidents, original carpet, no undercoating or molested with rattle can paint. Car was built in the Atlana plant and repainted in the early 80's.

I don't want to overkill this thread with a bunch of pictures, but will be happy to send them to serious inquiries.

My email is uussls1 at yahoo dot com

Beautiful '70 you got there. If I were to buy another, it would be that color. I've always loved that green. You saw my '69 I used to have?

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #13
Joe's Auto Detail
tacomacntry is on a distinguished road

tacomacntry's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomacntry
nice ride GLWS...Ive got a 1969 GTO lookin to get rid of soon...if you know anyone interested..always been a southern car...excellent shape ill have to get pics up here sometime...recent restoration within the last 10 years
Old 05-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #14
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Has there been work done to the intake manifold? That does not appear to be the original, for the original is the Chevy orange. The carb also has a duel/split fuel line coming out, when from the factory it should be single.

Pictures of rust please?

I'm not local to you so I have to depend upon information that you give me.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #15
--- --- --- - ----

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Has there been work done to the intake manifold? That does not appear to be the original, for the original is the Chevy orange. The carb also has a duel/split fuel line coming out, when from the factory it should be single.

Pictures of rust please?

I'm not local to you so I have to depend upon information that you give me.
Yep, the original owner swapped out the intake, carb and the previous owner converted it the HEI and added headers.

Pls pm me your email address and I'll be happy to send you pictures.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #16
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
glws my dads got a 72 chevelle SS convertible in the garage
Old 05-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #17
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomacntry View Post
nice ride GLWS...Ive got a 1969 GTO lookin to get rid of soon...if you know anyone interested..always been a southern car...excellent shape ill have to get pics up here sometime...recent restoration within the last 10 years
69? So it is a "judge"? Where is it?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #18
--- --- --- - ----

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still getting PMs on this. It has been sold. Thanks for the inquiries.