Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS: aFe Stage II Si CAI

Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
FS: aFe Stage II Si CAI

SOLD...

I have an aFe Stage II Si CAI intake with the ProDry-S filter for sale, $250 shipped.

I bought this as a "new, open box" unit a few months ago. Used it for about 3 months and decided I didn't like the sound below 3k RPM, which is where I spend my time, so time to re-purpose the investment somewhere else.

Condition is like new, filter didn't even get a chance to get dirty. All original components are there and ready to go.

One note. Since it was an open box item, once I started installing I found out it was missing the silicone coupler/reducer that went between the TB and the intake tube. I just replaced this coupler with a Spectre coupler from an auto supply store, see pics.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Did it sound ricey under 3k? That's where I spend most of my time also and have been toying with getting a CAI for a while now.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Not ricey at all. IMO it has a "burble" sound, just off idle, up to around 2k. Above 3k, it has the "power" sound that others describe. Certain sounds annoy certain people, and this is one of the noises I just didn't want to live with. Exhaust resonance is another for me. I got rid of a TRD exhaust for that reason.

IOW, I seem to be prone to sounds that annoy me, :-)

It does clean up the engine bay though, and the ProDry filter is a definite plus.

For me, I wait for good deals to try certain items, like this and the TRD exhaust. If I don't like them, I can normally recoup my money, assuming it was a good enough deal.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Intake sound with windows close for anyone interested. It is a TRD intake but it is the exact same as the AFE except for the port up front. The AFE will be louder without the plug in the port. Lastly you will hear my exhaust first then the intake takes over when the tranny downshifts. GLWS OP.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Great intake, nice look, you can feel the difference off the line and has a great sound but I took mine off too for same reason (mostly because of long distance driving). Wish I didnt get rid of because that thing was great for daily street driving. I miss it. Had a deep sound. GLWS!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!
fajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud offajitas21 has much to be proud of

Name: Lee
fajitas21's Tacoma Gallery
At first I loved the sound (I have the same one). Then it annoyed me. Then I got a Magnaflow exhaust and now just hear the exhaust.

One thing that's interesting is when you punch it, you hear the Intake Roar, then a split second later the exhaust roar. It's a cool sounding exchange.

I thought it was a bit loud when towing but I've since tuned it out apparently and don't really hear it much. In fact, I like the audio feedback it gives me while towing as I can tell when something has changed the load of the engine (such as a hill or coasting down a small dip).
Old 06-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #8
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
bumpity....
Old 06-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
Mr.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Mr.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent
Old 06-09-2011, 05:20 AM   #10
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tacoma View Post
pm sent
I'll check rates/process for Canada shipment and get back to you.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #11
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
How did this intake affect your gas mileage?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
How did this intake affect your gas mileage?
If you keep your foot out of it you will find out that it doesn't affect MPG at all. Well maybe .2 mpg but you won't notice that.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #13
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
If you keep your foot out of it you will find out that it doesn't affect MPG at all. Well maybe .2 mpg but you won't notice that.
Gotcha! I'm a pretty tame driver, I was hoping there would some increase in fuel mileage.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:23 AM   #14
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
Gotcha! I'm a pretty tame driver, I was hoping there would some increase in fuel mileage.
As far as mpg goes, I didn't notice anything significant for, or against. I've also use the aFe drop-in and plumbed a Volant AirRam into the stock airbox. Nothing so far has had any significant impact on my mpg.

BTW, this may be sold, pending payment.....
Old 06-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #15
naturalhi is on a distinguished road
naturalhi's Tacoma Gallery
is it still for sale? im interested
Old 06-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #16
trdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant futuretrdr6 has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
trdr6's Tacoma Gallery
great intake, i have one and love it. bump
Old 06-14-2011, 05:45 AM   #17
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
For anyone else who is/was interested in one of these- you can get em new from AFE website for $287 (free shipping)
Old 06-14-2011, 05:50 AM   #18
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTabe View Post
For anyone else who is/was interested in one of these- you can get em new from AFE website for $287 (free shipping)
Huh, this is what I found a few weeks ago, and it's still the same now, $372.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...162&brandID=56

Amazon was the cheapest reputable dealer I found for a new one with the ProDry filter and it was around $315.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #19
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Huh, this is what I found a few weeks ago, and it's still the same now, $372.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...162&brandID=56

Amazon was the cheapest reputable dealer I found for a new one with the ProDry filter and it was around $315.

Yeah, I dont know what happened- I was thinking about buying yours and I went on the site to see their price and I swear it was 278 or 287 with free shipping- I dont know if it was on sale or the price was a mistake or if Im retarded and was seeing things- but I could swear thats what it was on the site... Oh well.