Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

RCD Lift compatible Skid by Metalmiller

Old 06-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

MetalMiller's Tacoma Gallery
RCD Lift compatible Skid by Metalmiller

I took some measurements for an RCD lift compatible skid this last weekend. I'll post pictures as it the project progresses. We cut the blanks today and will be doing the forming tomorrow. Here is what I have so far!

Screenshot of the design with the Miller M

Machine cutting parts

Blanks cut on the table

Front piece for skid before bending

Transfer cover before forming

Pricing info will come as soon as the final design is done. I have heard there is a need for some protection for the guys with the RCD lifts so I wanted to make something up to fill that need. I will update with photos as this develops. If you have any ideas or comments please PM me or post whats on your mind.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
HOSS454 is on a distinguished road
HOSS454's Tacoma Gallery
looks good... definitely interested..
Old 06-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

It's gonna be tough, I cant wait to get the bent skid back tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
HOSS454's Tacoma Gallery
any new updates?
Old 06-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #5

Yup! the skid is formed and ready for test fitting. I need to get back down to Houston to fit it up though. Unless there are any guys with the lift in the Shreveport, Louisiana area?

I'll snap some pics of the bent parts, it's lookin pretty good so far!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
HOSS454's Tacoma Gallery
how much shipped to hawaii? zip code is 96768...
Old 06-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #7
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
when you get pictures please post them!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
rharris5551 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
rharris5551's Tacoma Gallery
im settin on a 2.5 RCD Classic lift right now, like to see some pics an may be interested in a skid
Old 06-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #9

I'll be posting them as soon as I can. I will hopefully be able to meet up with the guy I got my measurements from this weekend to at least drop off the skid so he can play with it and take some pictures.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #10

The first prototype has been mounted. I'll get pictures up asap
Old 09-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #13

Yeah, the first prototype was made and sent off for testing. I got distracted, but it worked. I just need to make one design change and it will be good to go. I can put you down for one if you like. I'll be cutting a couple of first gen skids in the next week or so.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #14
taco06 will become famous soon enough
Name: Alej
taco06's Tacoma Gallery
sub
Old 09-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #15
bridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: If I told you....I'd have to kill you. ;-)
bridgcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
Yeah, the first prototype was made and sent off for testing. I got distracted, but it worked. I just need to make one design change and it will be good to go. I can put you down for one if you like. I'll be cutting a couple of first gen skids in the next week or so.

I'll let you know as soon as I get the lift. I always seem to talk myself out of things for my truck so I don't wanna pull the trigger too soon! Thanks bud!
Old 12-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
HOSS454's Tacoma Gallery
any word yet???
Old 12-31-2011, 12:14 PM   #17

Yep! The back skid fit perfectly and I've tweaked the front skid for perfect alignment. I'm just waiting for the guy I sent the skid to to send me some pics. This was about 2 months ago
Old 12-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #18
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
Yep! The back skid fit perfectly and I've tweaked the front skid for perfect alignment. I'm just waiting for the guy I sent the skid to to send me some pics. This was about 2 months ago
If you need a new guinea pig, let me know.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #19

I talked to the guy yesterday. He said he's gonna knock it out this week. Once I get some pics, I'll post em and start a sell of there is some interesr
Old 02-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #20
HOSS454's Tacoma Gallery
anything???