1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

F/S Morimoto Retrofited Headlights

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Muy Grande, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Jul 25, 2011 at 12:06 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    I have for sale a set of Retrofited Projector Headlights made with TRS components.

The Headlight front clear lense is used and has some light scratches but it's still clear. The rear housing is new from a pair of ebay headlights, no bent or broken tabs.

I painted the inner surround using a Metallic Grey Spray Paint that closely resembles the newer MGM Tacomas. The inner bowsl were painted in a Krylon flat black and baked. The shrouds I used are the Gatling Guns that were painted with the Valspar Gloss paint and baked and I used a silicone adhesive to secure them to the projectors. Overall the colors have a great contrast. The DTRL lens are clear. The corner reflectors are white/clear. I applied a little clear silicone to the bottom of the drivers side reflector because the clip broke when I tried to snap it back in. I applied epoxy to the rest of the clips so it's not going to move (included a pic, should dry to clear).

The headlights feature:

1. Morimoto bi-xenon projectors,
    2. Gatling Gun Shrouds,
    3. 35w 6000k Morimoto D2S bulbs,
    4. Pair of HID adapters, and
    5. A bi-xenon wire harness.

All you need is a good set of Ballasts (DDM Tuning) to plug and play and the rear rubber headlight seals.

They have been adjusted to a 2.5 inch lift and are level.

Looking to get $450 shipped. :D

PM with any questions, if you are curious about how they look on an MGM tacoma. I made a similar set for a friend of mine with the inner bowls painted Metallic and a Black surround. They are very very close. I can have him chime in or I could take some pics with the headlights on his truck.

Thanks for looking.

Metallic Grey Headlight.jpg
    Close up.jpg
    Silicone Corner.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jul 25, 2011 at 12:25 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    They came of the ebay headlights. It's hard to find them unless someone hooks you up or you just buy the whole headlight assemblies. :eek:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jul 25, 2011 at 5:23 AM
    HOSS454

HOSS454 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pukalani
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport
    Bolt ons here and there
    pm'ed...

4. Jul 25, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Pending Sale..........

Products Discussed in

To Top