1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler: 2005+ Smoked Lens Murdered Out Projector

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Muy Grande, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Aug 1, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Anybody interested in Smoked Lens Murdered Out Projector Headlights. I got the idea from another member and have put together the pieces for this setup, I only lack the projectors but want to make sure somebody out there is interested before I order them and is willing to put down $100. The inner Surround is not perfect but the headlights are so damn dark you can't see anything anyways. I just want to recoup some of my cost. I would sell this set for $330 shipped once done. As always, these would be plug and play to your existing HID kit.

My PC at home has crashed but will try to get pics of what I have done so far from my work computer. Mods I will try to post up pics by tomorrow. I could have these done in a few days after receiving the kit from TRS. If I order today, the kit will get to me by Friday, I finish them up Saturday and ship out next Monday. Just an idea on ETA. :D

2. Aug 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    Is it the same set you just sold? Or are you making another set?

3. Aug 2, 2011 at 6:41 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    These are a whole new set (insipired by MrWorks.....). Enjoy the teaser pics, I would recommend that go on a Black Tacoma but they should look good on anything. :D

Smoked Murdered Out Projector.jpg
    Smoked Murdered Out Projector 2.jpg
    Smoked Lens and Projector.jpg
    Close Up 1.jpg
    Close Up 2.jpg

4. Aug 2, 2011 at 6:53 AM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    I highly doubt it

5. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Please provide more details than your opinion? For example are you a California Highway Patrol Man and can you refer to any legal mumbo jumbo. I too would like to know, even better can you tell me if I can drive with them in Texas. :D

The only difference with these is they look darker than the regular smoked lens that you see on all the damn Dodge Charges and Escalades around town.

6. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    We are waiting for Rex 411 to hook us up with more info............:D

He is the resident TW expert on tinted lights......I assume!

On a serious note, anybody in law enforcement out there please comment. I would like to know, or better yet I might just pull a cop over and ask them point blank.

7. Aug 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    Those are the shit!!!

found this but thats all I can come up with:

1. Daytime running lights must be white or yellow or any mix of the two (Federal law)
    2. No federal law exists that dictates headlight color, only intensity and leveling.
    3. Texas forbids red as the only color not allowed on the front of the vehicle.
    4. Blue, red, or white cannot be used on the front if it flashes. (see #3 again for red)
    5. Engine cowl (washer lights) or fender markers must be amber or white.
    6. Marker and parking lights must be white or amber on the front, and red or amber in the rear.

References: Texas Transportation Code Chapter 547, 49 CFR Chapter 5, Part 571

Around town here there is a murdered out expedition. Im talking black everything except the headlights but it has HID's. (its a constable)

8. Aug 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    They look good John! GLWS

9. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    erion109

erion109 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jayson
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT
    Weathertech FR & RR, DDM Tuning HID 55W 5000k Bi-Xenon, ARE topper, Yellow painted fog-lamp mod, anytime fog-lamp, Ipod interface, Red Top OPTIMA, Bilstein 5100s and 1.5 Toytech AAL, Redline Hoodstruts and EZdown tailgate.
    I have a set of DDM PNP HIDs H4 style bi-xenon. Would this fit in this housing? I'm very interested. Also, would you be willing to offer any credit for the factory/stock housings?

10. Aug 3, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Your DDM kit will work.....your bulbs will not. But the D2S bulbs and the adapter are included with the headlights. You basically get the headlights with the bulbs and adapter installed, take your old headlights off, plug the new headlights to your existing HID Ballast and you're done.

If you say you have the bi-xenon style bulbs, I will assume that you have the wiring harness already and you should be able to just plug in the small wire connectors to the projector wires and you'll have hi/lo beams. If you don't have the harness, then you will only have lo beams. I highly recommend doing it right the first time and getting Hi beams.......the hi beams on these are freaking awesome!

And yes, we can work out a deal with your factory headlights as long as the front lens isn't beat to $hit and is something I can work with.......:D

11. Aug 3, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD

Well seems to me like these lights are in compliance. They have clear DTRL lens, and white markers, and the current setup on tacomas are amber bulbs for both the DTRL and Corner lights. So when the lights are on you'll see amber.

I guess I can always finish them up, install them and run down to my local PD and have them inspected. That way all know for sure. I think I'll do that.........:eek:

12. Aug 3, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    FamouzStarz

FamouzStarz The illest taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    Oh My Lanta! these would look sick on my taco! but i wonder if it would be too much black :eek:

13. Aug 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Yes they would!!!!!! :D Sweet looking truck man.

14. Aug 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I would say unless the U.S.D.O.T. has approved your modifications they are not legal.

15. Aug 21, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Here are some pics of the completed set of Headlights on my truck. These were done today. I have to say they look excellent! :D:D

Tinted Black.jpg
    Tinted Black On.jpg
    Tinted Side.jpg
    Tinted Up Close.jpg
    Tinted Up Close 2.jpg

16. Aug 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Friggin sweet. I don't see how the are illegal, you have the correct colors and your light output is not compromised.''but they look SO BLACK that you might get pulled over just for inspection.

17. Aug 21, 2011 at 8:48 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    They lens have the DOT stamp right on them like OEM. Who knows man, I see Escalades and the Dodge Chargers all over town with tinted Headlights. Light output is not compromised at all as a mater of fact I will probably post up some pics of the light against the a wall for reference. :D

18. Aug 22, 2011 at 7:59 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
  19. Aug 22, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Do the side reflectors still work as they should? Also, if you tint the lens, light output is reduced, you can't argue that. You've just put a brighter light behind it to make up for it. I'd be more concerned with the marker lights and turn signals. All it takes is for you to get into an accident and have some schmuck say he couldn't see your signal and you've got a fight on your hands. The base headlight assembly and lens have a DOT number stamped on them but you've modified them, that DOT number is meaningless.

All that being said, they do look pretty friggin sweet! You might be able to get away them in some states but I'm sure some would not be as tolerant (NY and VA for example wouldn't put up with those, I've had a hard time getting my truck passed in those states with less obvious modifications).

20. Aug 22, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Here is the pic, you can judge for youself. Alignment/output.....:D

Tinted Side.jpg
    Tinted Alignmnet Close up.jpg
    Tinted Alignment Far.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top