Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Complete JL Audio speaker/sub/baffles/enclosure amp rack for 2005+

Old 10-21-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Complete JL Audio speaker/sub/baffles/enclosure amp rack for 2005+

OK guys here's the scoop...I was contacted by a member a while back to have me design and set-up a full Alpine/JL system for him. After agreeing on everything I sent him a PayPal invoice which he said he would pay right away so I ordered the gear for him and started building the enclosure etc. Due to my busy schedule I never checked to see if he actually paid the invoice and luckily I checked before sending anything because it turns out he never paid it! It has now been over a month of "I'll pay it right away, I can't find the invoice so can you send it again, I also need such and such so can you send a new invoice with the new total etc etc etc". Unfortunately I cannot return any of the gear I already purchased and the enclosure/amp rack as well as the baffles were custom built for the specific sub/amp/speakers. I think I have been more than patient so it is time to just offer it all for sale here rather than let it sit around collecting more dust. This is what is included:

JL Audio VR650csi components, VR650cxi coaxials, 10W3v2 subwoofer

The enclosure amp rack combo is this one designed/built specifically for this sub and an Alpine PDX5 Amplifier (not included but more on that later). It sits below the child seat tethers on the passenger side and the amp sits in the recess as seen in the second picture (this one does NOT have the black finish on it)

Complete set of baffles made specifically for these speakers.

The cost for these items would normally be close to $900.00 plus shipping however I am willing to accept any half way reasonable offer just to get this out of my way.

I am usually pretty easy to get along with and will do whatever I can to work things out but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT waste your time if you are not serious and ready to buy in the VERY near future! (if dough is tight I would also be willing to consider a "layaway" plan and I also accept PayPal)

Questions?! Please post them here!

Ready to buy or at least seriously considering it?! Please email or call me at the number below as I do NOT negotiate in threads! Don't be shy since at this point of frustration somebody will probably get a REALLY good deal on this really nice gear! Almost forgot, technical support by phone will also be available during installation and tuning!

BTW, luckily I did not pick up the amp (Alpine PDX5), headunit (Alpine IVA-W205), ipod cable nor the steering wheel control module which were also ordered however I do have those available if interested.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
jizzam93 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kris
jizzam93's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, That is SICK!! Can't go wrong with JL's!!
Old 10-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Stupid Lottery needs to give me some money!

Sorry to hear about the screw job. I wish I had money, but I already have a money pit project (see signature). Best of luck selling those - some one is going to get a hell of a deal!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
Fast Eddie is on a distinguished road

Fast Eddie's Tacoma Gallery
What is the amp worth and does it come with all cables?

I'm no audiophile but I was thinking of putting in the Kenwood 8210 as well.

Can you ship to Toronto,Canada?
Old 10-22-2008, 09:11 AM   #6
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzam93 View Post
Dude, That is SICK!! Can't go wrong with JL's!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Stupid Lottery needs to give me some money!

Sorry to hear about the screw job. I wish I had money, but I already have a money pit project (see signature). Best of luck selling those - some one is going to get a hell of a deal!!!
Thanks and have fun with the money pit! (I know how that goes! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Is all that stuff make to fit an access cab? Those pics were confusing.
The baffles and speakers will fit either the Access or Double Cab however the enclosure/amp rack only fits the Double Cab.

edit: I forgot I still had one of these enclosure prototypes for an Access Cab as well so if anyone wants the package with this model they can substitute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
What is the amp worth and does it come with all cables?

I'm no audiophile but I was thinking of putting in the Kenwood 8210 as well.

Can you ship to Toronto,Canada?
The amp is "worth" $599.00 at retail however you'll get a much better deal in the package. (amps do not come with the cables but I can put together a complete wiring package as well if needed or I can let you know what you will need).

Excellent choice on the 8120 IMO and yes I will ship to Canada or anywhere else in the world.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marv View Post
The cost for these items would normally be close to $900.00 plus shipping however I am willing to accept any half
Can I pay the lower half?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #9
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Will this work with the stock radio?
you'll need to get amps also.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #10

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Now this is weird, I was trying to quote a message from Keason I believe but it disappeared! Anyway to answer your question yes it is a complete package including either enclosure as well as the baffles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Can I pay the lower half?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Will this work with the stock radio?
As mentioned you will need an amp or amps and I would recommend one of the better interfaces to get the most out of your system when using the factory headunit (I have a JL Cleansweep available as well if anyone needs it)

Old 10-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #11
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
yea, after i made that post I read the name of the thread and it answerd my question...haha
Old 10-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #12
cmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to beholdcmytacoma is a splendid one to behold

cmytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice box! How much would a box like the one in your avatar pic cost me? What subs did you go with there? I'm interested with cash and a bday so let me know. I may also be interested in a single or 2 tw5 setup so let me know what you could do. If not how much for this box by itself? or box w/ sub? any trades? i have a LNIB sx 900.4, used it for about a month in th BMW then traded it in for the taco. works like the day i bought it. Get back to me Thanks!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #13

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmytacoma View Post
Nice box! How much would a box like the one in your avatar pic cost me? What subs did you go with there? I'm interested with cash and a bday so let me know. I may also be interested in a single or 2 tw5 setup so let me know what you could do. If not how much for this box by itself? or box w/ sub? any trades? i have a LNIB sx 900.4, used it for about a month in th BMW then traded it in for the taco. works like the day i bought it. Get back to me Thanks!
PM sent

OK guys the best offer I have so far is $700.00 and if I don't get better soon somebody may get a smoking deal (BTW, $701.00 ain't gonna bump $700.00! ).
Old 10-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #14

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, I have had numerous people PM asking prices for certain items however at this time I am only looking to sell everything as a package. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:42 AM   #15

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Well I had another "buyer" that did not follow through and although I am not desperate to sell this I would like to clear up the shelf space so somebody go sneak into their wifey's pocketbook and buy this nice gear!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #16
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
dang Marv. If I live in Cali, I'd probably be all over this.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #17
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
If I hadn't just spent so much money on raffle tickets...
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #18

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
dang Marv. If I live in Cali, I'd probably be all over this.
Did I forget to mention I ship worldwide? BTW, I stll can't figure out this doggone scanner so I'll take a picture and send the plan that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
If I hadn't just spent so much money on raffle tickets...
Thanks again and good luck!

BTW guys, if somebody just wants the sub with the enclosure I will split it up as I have a few interested in just the speakers with the baffles.