Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

HID lights.....new

Old 08-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
orbot is just really niceorbot is just really niceorbot is just really niceorbot is just really nice

orbot's Tacoma Gallery
HID lights.....new

Got some kragen HID, they are new, no box though, cover yes...euro/flood pattern
6000k 35W 7"
$90 per piece

Located in south San Diego, Ca.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
orbot is just really niceorbot is just really niceorbot is just really niceorbot is just really nice

orbot's Tacoma Gallery
Bump..
Old 08-10-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Just a question... how do you know they are 6000şK? (I am wondering, as the box says nothing about color temperature on it).

Thank you!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #4

orbot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Just a question... how do you know they are 6000şK? (I am wondering, as the box says nothing about color temperature on it).

Thank you!
Because i purchased them that temp and when they are on they have the white with a little blue tone to them (6000k)..

Feel free to ask whatever you need info on.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
need 3.. pm sent
Old 08-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbot View Post
Because i purchased them that temp and when they are on they have the white with a little blue tone to them (6000k)..

Feel free to ask whatever you need info on.
So the auto parts store told you they were 6000K? When I bought mine, there was no choice of colors.

Nothing on the box or web site says anything about color temp... Cody guessed them at 6000K, as well... It would be nice to see the number in print, that's all.

Thank you again!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #7

orbot's Tacoma Gallery
I get what you are saying but if the box say , the best damn lights in the world, are the the best???????
I have some time dealing with hid lighting and judging by the color tone they are 6000k
Old 08-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #8

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks... !
Old 09-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #9
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
actually they come in different colors depending on place of production, one of mine is a 6k and another is about a 5k, both bought new but have different production dates...
Old 09-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
could we get some better pics please? im interested in all four
Old 09-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #11

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Against my garage wall:

The round beams in the center are 5,000şK Spot/ Pencil beams... just below and with a wider pattern are the Kragen Euro Beams (35 watt... and here looking like 5000şK)... and just outside are the stock halogen headlights.

Looking at my truck, the 4 lamps on my bar... the 2 inner ones are the Hella 4000 pencil beams, and the 2 outter ones are the Kragens:

Old 09-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
David did Cody show you the new kragens?
Old 09-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #14

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
David did Cody show you the new kragens?
Yes, they look like pencil beams instead of the 'Euro' (driving) beams, that they originally had (and I have).
Old 09-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #15
Yuhp more of a spot over the euro beam. I might run 2 of them and 2 older ones on the outside.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #16

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the Kragens when we first installed them on the new bar, at Stewart's RaceWorks...

Old 09-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
Cody showed me the hella's they turned out nice
Old 09-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #18

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Yuhp more of a spot over the euro beam. I might run 2 of them and 2 older ones on the outside.
That is the combo I am doing... only I am using Hella 4000 spots/ pencils, and the Kragens are euro/ driving beams.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #19
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post

That looks pretty damn cool
Old 09-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #20

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
That looks pretty damn cool
After the Kragens both broke (plastic housing cracked on Baja's washboard roads), I got a pair of these Hella 4000 METAL pencil beams: