Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

2010 double cab value

Old 08-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
harpolith is on a distinguished road

Name: t-man
harpolith's Tacoma Gallery
2010 double cab value

i have a 2010 double cab SR5 4x4 with 25,000 miles, pyrite mica. nothing wrong with it, like new. it is not a TRD or sport.

i think the sticker was about $29,800 when i bought it.

can anyone offer advice on what i should sell it for?
wondering if i should sell or trade to dealer.

thanks.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
lcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlcogginz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
lcogginz's Tacoma Gallery
Try kbb.com. It will tailor values to your ZIP code, and your location can make a big difference.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpolith View Post
i have a 2010 double cab SR5 4x4 with 25,000 miles, pyrite mica. nothing wrong with it, like new. it is not a TRD or sport.

i think the sticker was about $29,800 when i bought it.

can anyone offer advice on what i should sell it for?
wondering if i should sell or trade to dealer.

thanks.
I work for a dealer, so that said, sell it private party. There are 3 major advantages.

1. No sales tax so you can make more value back
- Why is this an advantage? Because your buyer will not pay sales tax so right of the bat they are saving whatever your truck is selling for @ a dealership x sales tax... example 32,000 x .725 = $2300
2. You loose $$ on trade because of fees and tax.
- A Dealership gets hit with about 1500$$ in fees when they buy a car, so right of the bat they are going to give you 1500 less than what its worth. And they are going to try and only give you wholesale value so right off your loosing several grand.
3. If your not hurting for money, just wait.
- If you dont HAVE to sell then take your time. Your truck is the #1 selling truck in the country. Someone is going to buy it and you should be the one to get the most for it.