Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FEELER 1986 toyota 4wd

Old 09-06-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
FEELER 1986 toyota 4wd

it may be time to sell the 86

what would be a goof asking price to start out with. currently it dose not run and i have yet to pin point the problem but i plan on getting it working before the sale. it also smokes like crazy

will not include;
cb
tool box
stereo
winch/ brush guard
and possibly not the wheels and tires

build
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/oth...86-toyota.html

Old 09-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Price????
Old 09-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post

what would be a good asking price to start out with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper6speed View Post
Price????
you tell me
Old 09-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #4
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

If I were you I would keep it. Sell something else.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #5

id love to keep it and possibly restore it to the way it looked in back in 86 or even sas it but too many vehicles right now and this one and another (not the taco) will be the ones to go.
as for a price im thinking 4000 after i get it running

ive noticed a increase in value of these pre-tacoma trucks for some reason also
Old 09-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
Hacksaw engineer

Quote:
id love to keep it and possibly restore it to the way it looked in back in 86 or even sas it but too many vehicles right now and this one and another (not the taco) will be the ones to go.
as for a price im thinking 4000 after i get it running

ive noticed a increase in value of these pre-tacoma trucks for some reason also
There great trucks, the parts might be expencive to get it running but they are worth it.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:29 AM   #7
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
It's not even running and you want $4k?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
It's not even running and you want $4k?
are you illiterate? what dose it say after 4000
Old 09-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #9
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
are you illiterate? what dose it say after 4000
Yeah but why's it not running now? (Note how kind I was not to point fingers at your spelling error.)
Old 09-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #10

Quote:
There great trucks, the parts might be expencive to get it running but they are worth it.
actually it not all that bad i believe why its currently not running is the timing is off or i screw up the carb when i was cleaning it
it shouldn't be hard to fix i just haven't had time to look at it or work on it
Old 09-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #11
Since this is just a feeler, I'll post this as a comparison ... sold this last year for $2400 with only 168k miles on the original 22RE, running perfect. Radiator, water pump, alternator, starter, clutch master cyl, brake master cyl, ball joints, shocks, and tires all less than 7 years (and 12,000 miles) old. Plus Kenwood and Alpine audio. Might have been able to squeeze $3k out.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #12
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah 4k is too high i think
Old 09-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Since this is just a feeler, I'll post this as a comparison ... sold this last year for $2400 with only 168k miles on the original 22RE, running perfect. Radiator, water pump, alternator, starter, clutch master cyl, brake master cyl, ball joints, shocks, and tires all less than 7 years (and 12,000 miles) old. Plus Kenwood and Alpine audio. Might have been able to squeeze $3k out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
yeah 4k is too high i think
what would be a good price to start at then?

it kinda high because im very much attached to it
Old 09-06-2011, 12:57 AM   #14
Hacksaw engineer

I wouldn't take an offer lower than $3500.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #15

Quote:
I wouldn't take an offer lower than $3500.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:11 AM   #16
Mountainhound is on a distinguished road
Mountainhound's Tacoma Gallery
Seems high to me but what the hell do I know. I would look on your local and surrounding graigslist and ebay then go from there. Your last comment says alot though I have seen may things forsale by people who value something way more than others and then what their selling don't sell, not saying you are or not just saying. Good luck!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 05:22 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah but why's it not running now? (Note how kind I was not to point fingers at your spelling error.)
Again with the illiteracy thing... read the original post, it says he has yet to pinpoint the problem
Old 09-06-2011, 06:05 AM   #18
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
honetly the way its sits with cb,etc...running good and assuming the frame and such is solid...start at 3500obo....but really i personally wouldnt offer you more then 2500.00 ...i have seen many in the 4k price range in gd condition that sell for less then 3k....i wish you luck with your sale but if your attached to it keep it man....you'll never get what you feel its worth cause it doesnt mean anything to someone else...i would keep if you can and make an awsome trail rig over the next 5yrs..save some money do it right and use ur 1st gen taco as your trail rig would be a badass setup for ya...your young dont rush thing i kick myself in the nuts everytime i think about my 91 reg cab i sold...
Old 09-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #19
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Not to hurt your feelings but you can buy those all day long in this area "running" for $2500.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #20
jrider636 is on a distinguished road
Name: justin
jrider636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Not to hurt your feelings but you can buy those all day long in this area "running" for $2500.
ssme here down in the 850. i bought my '86 for $2200 with a freshly rebuilt engine. jus food for thought tho