LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

85 diesel yota ebay

Old 10-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
85 diesel yota ebay

Not mine but dude is retarded. Claiming it's a factory diesel.Also claiming it was allpro SAS kit when 85 was last year for factory solid axle. Asking way too much money as well
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-...ht_1118wt_1112
Old 10-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool little yota camper
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-...2#ht_968wt_948
Old 10-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Not mine but dude is retarded. Claiming it's a factory diesel.Also claiming it was allpro SAS kit when 85 was last year for factory solid axle. Asking way too much money as well
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-...ht_1118wt_1112
Could really be a sas, Looks like a 2wd body to me. But the price is def waaay to high. And the gauges and interior are retarded looking.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ntydog13's Tacoma Gallery
More than likely this guy knows what he is talking about the diesel engines came in the 2wd trucks so he probably did a swap and it looks like he put a lot of time and effort into it so I think the price is justified
Old 10-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntydog13 View Post
More than likely this guy knows what he is talking about the diesel engines came in the 2wd trucks so he probably did a swap and it looks like he put a lot of time and effort into it so I think the price is justified
x2

I believe Canada got 4x4 diesels also. Sounds like it's a least a combination of factory parts. I'd love to have one, even though I am sure it's sloooow. 30mpg and 4x4.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Could really be a sas, Looks like a 2wd body to me. But the price is def waaay to high. And the gauges and interior are retarded looking.
I didn't think about 2wd but I never knew they came in a diesel in the states or Canada. I know hilux did
Old 10-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
I didn't think about 2wd but I never knew they came in a diesel in the states or Canada. I know hilux did
I didn't know they came in diesel either. I know that the 22r and 22re engines were slow as shit. So I can only imagine how slow a diesel would be. But like stated earlier....30mpg!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #8
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty cool. Whoever gets it will have a one of a kind turbo diesel 35 mpg Tacoma 4x4. With the right hitch I bet that thing could tow 6000 or 7000 pounds while still getting half decent mileage.

I bet it would be pretty difficult to get parts for though.

It's begging to have bigger tires put on it too.

I guess it's up to them to justify the $9500 price tag.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #9
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
^^^That is a 1985 pick-up. Tacomas didn't start til 95.5. Something tells me, the frame of a compact pick-up isn't going to pull 6-7000 pounds!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #11
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
^^^That is a 1985 pick-up. Tacomas didn't start til 95.5. Something tells me, the frame of a compact pick-up isn't going to pull 6-7000 pounds!
Probably be comparable to driving a VW Caddy pickup or an Isuzu Pup from the mid 80's, plus whatever the turbo adds. I doubt we are talking about any boost in towing capacity.

I know one guy who is a UHaul dealer and uses his 82 Isuzu diesel to pull empty trailers back and forth. He says it's slow as hell, and definitely not his first choice for interstate travel, even empty. But he says it always starts, is dirt simple to maintain, and gets a consistent 40MPG.

The oil companies are obviously paying someone off or we would be able to buy such things new. After 30 years of product development, there is no reason the 2011 version would have to be gutless either.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #12
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ntydog13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't know they came in diesel either. I know that the 22r and 22re engines were slow as shit. So I can only imagine how slow a diesel would be. But like stated earlier....30mpg!!!
I'll pass a 4.0 any day of the week in the dirt. Don't talk about stuff u don't know. 22re's can do 11 sec quarter miles
Old 10-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #13
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
The oil companies are obviously paying someone off or we would be able to buy such things new. After 30 years of product development, there is no reason the 2011 version would have to be gutless either.
There's probably some truth to this. I used to have a VW Diesel. Put larger injectors in it, upgraded the turbo to a modified VNT-17, upgraded the ECU programming, and put a taller 5th gear in it (easy to do because the gear was basically right under the wheel well). It was a beast that would jerk your head back and still get 50+ mpg on the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
Something tells me, the frame of a compact pick-up isn't going to pull 6-7000 pounds!
Didn't think about the frame. I was thinking about the torque of a 2.4L turbo diesel.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #14
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
x2

I believe Canada got 4x4 diesels also. Sounds like it's a least a combination of factory parts. I'd love to have one, even though I am sure it's sloooow. 30mpg and 4x4.

I bought a new 1985 SR5 4x4 pickup with sunroof, two tone paint, and sport seats. There was a diesel 4x4 in the showroom but it wasn't available with the SR5 pkg so I wasn't interested. It was a lot more expensive too and gas was cheap so I bought the SR5. It was a cool little truck with solid axles and four leaf springs, manual hubs, fuel injection and no power stuff. Rode like a wagon though.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #15
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
The only way for this to be in the states and be a factory diesel is he means it's a Toyota diesel engine that he swapped in, or he brought the truck over from overseas.

Toyota has never sold a new truck with a diesel in the U.S. - 2WD, 4WD, 6WD, etc...

Fink
Old 10-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntydog13 View Post
I'll pass a 4.0 any day of the week in the dirt. Don't talk about stuff u don't know. 22re's can do 11 sec quarter miles
Dude I personally have owned 2 mid eighties Toyota pickups. An 84 solid axle x-cab and an 89 4runner. My dad has an 89 4runner with a 3.0 v-6 and an 87 pickup with a 22rte (that's a turbo motor). None of these has the power my 4.0 Tacoma has. I've grown up working on all these trucks with my dad and know plenty about them. So don't try to tell me what I do and do not know.

Do you have some video of this 11 second quarter mile? I would love to see it.

4.0 vvt-I has 235hp from what I've read on here.

HP and Torque Ratings

Toyota Stock Motors 1985 - 1986 - 1987 - 1988

22R 99 HP @ 4800 RPM TORQUE 129 @ 2900 RPM
22R CALIF. 95 HP @ 4800 RPM TORQUE 129 @ 2900 RPM
22RE 116 HP @ 4800 RPM TORQUE 140 @ 2900 RPM
22RET 135 HP @ 4800 RPM TORQUE 173 @ 2900 RPM

Toyota Stock Motors 1989 - 1990

22R & 22RE 103 HP @ 4800 RPM TORQUE 133 @ 2900 RPM

Toyota Stock Motors 1991 thru 1995

Same as 1989 - 1990

No 22R After 1990
Old 10-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #17
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude I personally have owned 2 mid eighties Toyota pickups. An 84 solid axle x-cab and an 89 4runner. My dad has an 89 4runner with a 3.0 v-6 and an 87 pickup with a 22rte (that's a turbo motor). None of these has the power my 4.0 Tacoma has. I've grown up working on all these trucks with my dad and know plenty about them. So don't try to tell me what I do and do not know.

Do you have some video of this 11 second quarter mile? I would love to see it.

4.0 vvt-I has 235hp from what I've read on here.

HP and Torque Ratings

Toyota Stock Motors 1985 - 1986 - 1987 - 1988

22R 99 HP @ 4800 RPM TORQUE 129 @ 2900 RPM
22R CALIF. 95 HP @ 4800 RPM TORQUE 129 @ 2900 RPM
22RE 116 HP @ 4800 RPM TORQUE 140 @ 2900 RPM
22RET 135 HP @ 4800 RPM TORQUE 173 @ 2900 RPM

Toyota Stock Motors 1989 - 1990

22R & 22RE 103 HP @ 4800 RPM TORQUE 133 @ 2900 RPM

Toyota Stock Motors 1991 thru 1995

Same as 1989 - 1990

No 22R After 1990
A stock 22re is slow, a modified 22re can be fast
Old 10-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
A stock 22re is slow, a modified 22re can be fast
Exactly. Any motor can be fast if modified. I wasn't trying to say 22re motors are bad just they are slow. My 89 4runner had 316,000 original miles on it when I sold it. Tank of a motor. I loved my 4runner.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #19
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
The only way for this to be in the states and be a factory diesel is he means it's a Toyota diesel engine that he swapped in, or he brought the truck over from overseas.

Toyota has never sold a new truck with a diesel in the U.S. - 2WD, 4WD, 6WD, etc...

Fink
Toyota did indeed import a diesel pickup in the early 80's.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #20
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
I wish my taco had a diesel engine

Damn EPA regulations and greedy Oil Executives