1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

October 2011 Devil Horns batch

Discussion in 'Diaz Fabrication' started by Andres, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Oct 12, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    Andres

Andres [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road
    Ready to take your truck by the horns?

After a long wait from you, I'm happy to inform that you can finally get your hands on your very own Devil Horns emblem. I have taken the opportunity to re-design these emblems, minor modifications have been made since the last batch to improve better fit and quality. Devil Horns began as a simple request from a proud Tacoma owner and a good friend of mine. He gave me the idea, I took on the challenge and now I'm glad to share this small piece of work with many Toyota vehicle owners. This type of emblem has been approved for a small production under direct permission from Toyota Motor Company's Legal Department under certain conditions. Please follow the simple rules that will help me deliver this emblem to you listed at the bottom of this e-mail, if it weren't for them I wouldn't be able to bring this product to your hands.

The damage :
    Due to a legal agreement I have with Toyota's legal department I am unable to show prices online.
    Feel free to contact me for a price list at: customdevilhorns@hotmail.com

*Devil Horns is currently available for the following vehicles:
    2nd Generation Tundra (2007-2010, emblem width: 6.70 Inches)
    2nd Generation Tacoma (2011-Present, emblem width: 6.30 Inches)
    2nd Generation Tacoma (2005-2009, emblem width: 5.51 Inches)
    1st Generation Tacoma (2000-2004, emblem width: 4.45 Inches)
    9th Generation Corolla (2003-2008, emblem width: 4.31 Inches)

*Devil Horns for the following vehicles have not been made yet, however they will be available January 2012:
    4th Generation 4Runner (2002-2004, emblem width: 4.72)
    4th Generation 4Runner (2005-2009, emblem width: 5.49)
    5th Generation 4Runner (2009-Present, emblem width: 5.91)
    1st Generation Tundra (2002-2006, emblem width: 6.30)
    2nd Generation Tundra (2010-Present, emblem width: 6.69)
    5th Generation Pickup (1992-1995, emblem width: 4.02)
    5th Generation Pickup (1996-1999, emblem width: 4.29)

Emblems will come with 4 bolts and 4 retaining washers (for installation).

Options:
    Natural raw aluminum
    Shot penning with layer of clear powder coat
    1 color anodize and shot penning
    3 Color anodize (horns on fire), and shot penning
    1 Color anodize, shot penning and clear powder coat
    3 Color anodize (horns on fire), shot penning and clear powder coat
    Black, white or red powder coat
    Polished with clear powder coat

The design:
    The first step into making Devil Horns was the use of Computer Aided Design/Drafting, also known as CAD. The Idea is to draw Devil Horns as a 3D model with the use of computer software, modifying every line and curvature until they all meet in a well balanced and functional design.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The material:
    6061-T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum was selected as the primary material used to make Devil Horns. Aluminum is remarkable for the metal's low density and its ability to resist corrosion. All tough other grades of aluminum are available (2024, 7075, etc.), 6061-T6 offers a well balanced solution in stress, strength and ease of working with, making it a perfect structural component for this emblem.
    [​IMG]

Fabrication process:
    In order to provide the highest quality of fabrication, Devil Horns was made using CNC machines. Before the use of CNC technology parts were fabricated manually by a machinist, a person who uses machine equipment to make or modify parts, primarily metal parts. With the introduction of CNC equipment the fabrication process is now made using automated machines which can be programed to perform various operations to produce complex parts offering more options, control and repeatability. While other methods of fabrication exist to produce this emblem I wanted to share the same product with you as the first emblem I made years ago that takes time and care to perfect, all 100% American made.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Natural raw aluminum
    This is the way the emblem comes out of the CNC machine after being fabricated. There will be small visible marks left by the CNC machine on the surface.
    A good reason to leave it raw is to paint it yourself, perhaps there is a specific color not provided by me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shot penning
    This process consists of small round metallic particles with sufficient force to create surface deformation.
    The result is an increased stress layer that hardens the outer area of the material making it stronger and more durable while leaving a grainy "sand-like" texture at the surface.
    Shot penning will come standard with any anodizing color.
    [​IMG]

Anodize
    Anodize is a process where color is added to the aluminum at a microscopic level using chemicals and electric current.
    The thickness of the anodize layer averages only a few microns of an inch, virtually noting.
    For best results, shot penning will be standard on any anodized emblem.

*Cherry red (shown with shot penning)
    [​IMG]

Gun Metal Black (shown with shot penning)
    [​IMG]

*Horns on Fire (Shown with shot penning)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

*There is also Dark Grey anodize, I apologize for not having a picture but it is the one on the top right of the picture below.
    [​IMG]

Clear powder coat with anodize and shot penning
    In order to better protect the emblem from being damaged, a layer of clear powder coat is also available over any anodized color.
    The inside will have the same "sparkly" look while the outside will be protected with a layer of clear powder coat.
    On average, the thickness of the powder coat is be about .012 thick.

*Shot penning shown with clear powder coat
    [​IMG]

*Dark gray anodize, shot penning and clear powder coat
    [​IMG]

*Horns on Fire anodize, shot penning and clear powder coat
    [​IMG]

At the moment I do not have pictures of the red and black anodized emblems with clear powder coat, however they are also available.
    The black anodize emblem with clear powder coat seems to not be as dark as the original black anodize only so please keep that in mind.

Single color powder coat
    Powder coat is essentially paint in the form of powder.
    Once each emblem has been sprayed with the color powder they are "baked" in an oven at 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
    The result of this process is a hard for of paint much more durable than ordinary paint and about .012 thick on average.

*White Powder Coat
    [​IMG]

*Black Powder Coat
    [​IMG]

*Red Powder Coat
    [​IMG]

Polished
    Polished option using a polishing wheel to smooth the surface to a mirror-finish. After the emblem has been polished a layer of lacquer is
    applied to bring out the best shine from natural aluminum. Finally a clear layer of powder coat will be applied to preserve the shine over time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installation requirements:
    5/32" Allen wrench also know as a hex key
    A pair of hands
    5 minutes of your time
    [​IMG]

(note: Top emblem is for 1st generation Tacoma, Bottom is for second generation Tacoma)
    [​IMG]

Installation Info:
    There's very little skills required for the installation of Devil Horns. I made it as easy as I could for you to place this bad boy on your grill using four 10-32 bolts and four split locking washers.
    This would be the typical installation scenario:
    *Open the hood
    *With your fingers, gently remove the existing emblem by un clipping it from the grill
    *Slap that bad boy onto your grill, put back the split locking washers onto the bolts and finger-tighten all four bolts to the emblem
    *Snugly tighten all four bolts with a 5/32" Allen wrench also know as hex key
    *Take your truck for a spin to display your newly installed horns [​IMG]

Closing:
    Why am I doing this?
    There is a saying that if you find something that you love doing and get paid for it you really never work a day in your life. I see my daily job as a hobby and for the most part I wake up encouraged to finishing my current job in the best possible way. I was first introduced to machining in high school and since then I have been obsessed with the idea of grabbing a piece of metal and shape it to perform a given task. I will try my best to keep these emblems available, but I fear someday I will have stop making them. For the time being, I'm having my kicks making them for Toyota vehicles and I hope to keep making them for some time. This emblem goes to anyone that has:

used a wrench on their vehicle,
    [​IMG]

taken hours to decide on the perfect part,
    [​IMG]

taken it off the road
    [​IMG]

and crawled the impossible,
    [​IMG]

taken it out near the beach,
    [​IMG]

battled through heavy snow,
    [​IMG]

explored deep in the forest,
    [​IMG]

cruised through the desert,
    [​IMG]

to the ones who like to keep it clean,
    [​IMG]

and the ones who don't mind getting dirty,
    [​IMG]

anyone that polishes to a mirror finish,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the ones who sand blast them,
    [​IMG]

for the reds,
    [​IMG]

the whites,
    [​IMG]

the pinks,
    [​IMG]

modified their grills to make it fit,
    [​IMG]

hang it up on the wall,
    [​IMG]

tattooed them on their back (hopefully I don't see this again),
    [​IMG]

the ones who wear it with pride,
    [​IMG]

those trucks in Florida,
    [​IMG]

the ones in Canada,
    [​IMG]

the ones in Peru,
    [​IMG]

anyone making it unique
    [​IMG]

or just making it different,
    [​IMG]

for those who are happy with what they drive,
    [​IMG]

the ones who win a raffle,
    [​IMG]

for those who simply hold back and look at their trucks.
    [​IMG]

What ever you drive right now, you know that is your vehicle

...and it deserves some appreciation.

[​IMG]

It brings me joy reading about every one of you and receiving pictures of your cars/trucks. Please send me pictures if you can, I'll be happy to look at them. It is my pleasure to bring you a unique item not sold or made anywhere else. I hope you enjoy this small piece of work and why not,
    let that truck grow some horns! [​IMG]

Sincerely,

Andres Diaz

[​IMG]

Rules:

1) RECIRCULATE
    There's a limited quantity that I'm allowed to make each time Toyota gives me the OK, unfortunately I may not have enough emblems for everyone. If for any reason you end up not using the emblem I will gladly give you a full refund no matter how long ago it was sold. The reason why I'm doing this is because I want everyone to have a better opportunity in getting one. Please don't sell them on eBay, I will explain why.

2) TWICE A YEAR BASIS
    I had my kicks making these bad boys for all of you and I plan on continuing to do so. I cannot afford to "bother" Toyota's legal department every time someone wants one, therefore I hope to get permission from Toyota to make them twice a year. My time is very limited as I am a college student and a full time employee, therefore dedicating time to make these emblem is very limited on my part.

3) LIST
    I have made up a list of people that would like an emblem. If you are interested in one, please drop me an e-mail and request I add you to the list. I will have them available in the order in which I get a request, no exceptions.

4) KEEP THINGS SIMPLE
    Please don't make a huge fuss about these emblems! The more they are advertised, viewed, etc, the more likely Toyota won't want them on the market. I ask of you not to put them on eBay, craigslist, internet site, etc.

5) DO NOT SELL THEM ON EBAY!!!
    Toyota contacted eBay shortly after I put my first 2 emblems for sale and ebay put a hold on my account. Copyright infringement is a serious offense and eBay is notorious for tracking illegal, and unlawful content, copyright infringements, etc. Please never put this emblem on ebay, it also makes me look bad with Toyota and I may never get another change in making them again.

6)LIMITED QUANTITY
    There are a number of people that have been waiting for an emblem for a few months. I'd like to have orders of only ONE emblem per person so that we have enough for everybody, that way is fair for the others. If you absolutely need more than one please let me know the reason and I will try my best to fit your needs.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Oct 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    Ptowntaco

Ptowntaco Camburg :)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Petaluma Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2000 Prerunner TRD
    Tint, Socked, Deck Plate mod, Camburg 2.5 coils, Camburg UCA, 5100's in the rear, Custom Deaver leaf pack, Micky Thomson Classic Locks, BFG KM2, CB
    PM sent.... with quick question

3. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    Andres

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    PM sent.

4. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    tacoman15

tacoman15 Boobies

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Northeast Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD OR & 1985 SR5 4Runner
    emailed

5. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    puckstopper55

puckstopper55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    '11 Double Cab TRD Sport, Mag Grey
    tailgate anti-theft Map Light LED's Dome Light LED LP LED Halogen Bed Light Extra D-Rings in bed Anytime Fog Lights Tri-Fold tonnau cover Wet Ok's
    Payment and info Will be sent tomorrow morning. I have been waiting since April for this!!!

6. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    got the e-mail response, thanks! i will let you know

7. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    upthemaiden

upthemaiden Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Pittsburgh PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab SR5
    Just bought it!
    I'll take one! Sent you a PM/email

8. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    hawker25

hawker25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Pm sent. Just tell me where to send the money :)

9. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    Andres

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    PM sent.

10. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    The1youluv2hate

The1youluv2hate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peps
    SAnta Paula CA
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD sPort 4x4 (11mgmsport)
    oem pro grill 17” pro rep wheels Fox dsc shocks
    Let me get sum :popcorn: These are bad ass and great quality

Ohh & Bump

11. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    i will be buying one, maybe two..Need to decide what to get now..lol

12. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    samsung

samsung Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner doublecab TRD Offroad
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    pm sent

13. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:45 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    LOVE MINE!!!

NATURAL RAW FTW!!!!

14. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:47 PM
    Andres

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Hawthorne, CA
    Vehicle:
    Natural Raw remains my favorite = ]

15. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    samsung

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    pm sent again

16. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:57 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    sent an email, Ive been waiting months for these

17. Oct 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    emailed, and pumped.

18. Oct 12, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    hudhawk

hudhawk #texasforever

Member:
    First Name:
    Hudson
    California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Rust, lots of rust
    emailed

19. Oct 12, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    samsung

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    money sent.

20. Oct 12, 2011 at 7:10 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    x2 on money sent!