Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS - Wheels & Tires - 2012 Tacoma Sport

Old 10-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
l2f is on a distinguished road
l2f's Tacoma Gallery
FS - Wheels & Tires - 2012 Tacoma Sport

Selling the four 17" wheels and tires that I just removed from my new 2012 PreRunner Sport. The wheels and tires were removed right at 100 miles, and are pristine.

The tires are Bridgestone Dueler HT's, 265/65/17. I have a complete set of lugnuts that go with the set, but am using the TPMS in the new tires I installed.

I am asking $800 for the set. Looks like tirerack.com has just the 4 tires for $664 before shipping, mounting and balancing. Mine are mounted, balanced and ready to be bolted on.

Obvious preference for local buyers. I am in Dallas, TX.
Attached Thumbnails
FS - Wheels & Tires - 2012 Tacoma Sport-tire-wheel-4-square.jpg   FS - Wheels & Tires - 2012 Tacoma Sport-tire-wheel-standing.jpg   FS - Wheels & Tires - 2012 Tacoma Sport-tire-sidewall.jpg   FS - Wheels & Tires - 2012 Tacoma Sport-tire-tread.jpg  
Old 10-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck, try ebay
Old 10-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Banned
socal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: frank
socal trd's Tacoma Gallery
Dammmmm.. here i only got 250 from mine..
Old 10-25-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Damn GLWS...I'm still trying to get rid of mine for $350-400 n I have no luck...try Craigslist
Old 10-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
l2f's Tacoma Gallery
Thus far, "good luck" and some variation of "damn" seem to be the most prevalent response. . Duly noted.

I have listed the wheels and tires on Craigslist. I bought my replacement wheels off Craigslist (4Runner SR5 wheels), and was not finding the lack of market or value, at least for the 4Runner wheels and tires.

I will certainly entertain offers from forum members.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
l2f's Tacoma Gallery
Bump.

What are these things worth?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #8
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I see them going for around $300 here in Portland Oregon.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
Johnny0 is on a distinguished road
Johnny0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottri View Post
I see them going for around $300 here in Portland Oregon.
$300 and a box of scoobie snax
Old 10-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
LOL @ $1,000 ....
Old 10-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #11
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
it looks like i might be the only one here, but I think his price is a TAD bit high, but still reasonable. It is off a 2012, so I would assume they are perfect with no bubbling or clearcoat (if there is one?) issues, and the tires are what would make the deal for me. I see sets go for 200-300 but they are for rims only, and we all know rubber costs money. When my tires go bald on my steel wheels, i'd be willing to pay around 700 for a set like this.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #12
l2f's Tacoma Gallery
I just lowered the price to $800 here and on Craigslist. I appreciate the comments and input on pricing. I asked for it. But, I also recognize that some are comparing their experiences with more worn wheels/tires.

My tires and wheels are absolutely showroom new. Literally 100 miles on them -- just arrived on 2012 Tacoma.

I still find it hard to believe that the tires are not worth at least the $664 that tirerack is asking for them, and you still save all the random mounting and balancing costs. If you assume that tire value, you would now be paying only an additional $136 for four OEM wheels -- $34 per wheel.

I just bought a set of 4 OEM 4Runner SR5 wheels (17" with no tires) and paid $450 -- they had a few minor scratches from the approx. 15,000 miles the previous owner used them. If brand new OEM Tacoma wheels have anywhere close to this value, then someone is getting my new tires pretty darn cheap as a part of the set.

If nothing else, it makes for an interesting discussion. In the end, they are worth what someone will pay for them. Would just be nice to clear the space in my garage.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #13
ICEMAN is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew C-130T Loadmaster
Name: Eric
ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
OP I hear ya. I just sold the wheels and tires off my 2010 for $300 and they had 17k on them (that was on craigslist) I had a tough time pricing them too. I also thought about selling them on here but decided it would be to much of a headache (too many people telling you that you are asking way to much).

Bottom line sell them on craigslist and ask exactly what you want for them because in the end the guy that comes out to buy them is gonna try and jew you down another $50-100
Old 10-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #14
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
OP I hear ya. I just sold the wheels and tires off my 2010 for $300 and they had 17k on them (that was on craigslist) I had a tough time pricing them too. I also thought about selling them on here but decided it would be to much of a headache (too many people telling you that you are asking way to much).

Bottom line sell them on craigslist and ask exactly what you want for them because in the end the guy that comes out to buy them is gonna try and jew you down another $50-100
ahhhh, middleberg!!!! I was I was just in Gainesville, did you have it listed in the Jacksonville craigslist? that would have been a sweet deal, and for 300 I would have loved to let them sit in my garage.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:55 AM   #15
ICEMAN is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew C-130T Loadmaster
Name: Eric
ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
ahhhh, middleberg!!!! I was I was just in Gainesville, did you have it listed in the Jacksonville craigslist? that would have been a sweet deal, and for 300 I would have loved to let them sit in my garage.
HA HA yeah they were in the jax CL. I wish i coulda sold them to ya! Sorry OP thread back on track!!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:55 AM   #16
Texio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to behold

Texio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2f View Post
I just lowered the price to $800 here and on Craigslist. I appreciate the comments and input on pricing. I asked for it. But, I also recognize that some are comparing their experiences with more worn wheels/tires.

My tires and wheels are absolutely showroom new. Literally 100 miles on them -- just arrived on 2012 Tacoma.

I still find it hard to believe that the tires are not worth at least the $664 that tirerack is asking for them, and you still save all the random mounting and balancing costs. If you assume that tire value, you would now be paying only an additional $136 for four OEM wheels -- $34 per wheel.

I just bought a set of 4 OEM 4Runner SR5 wheels (17" with no tires) and paid $450 -- they had a few minor scratches from the approx. 15,000 miles the previous owner used them. If brand new OEM Tacoma wheels have anywhere close to this value, then someone is getting my new tires pretty darn cheap as a part of the set.

If nothing else, it makes for an interesting discussion. In the end, they are worth what someone will pay for them. Would just be nice to clear the space in my garage.
Hope you manage to get what you are asking for on the wheels and tires! I am not looking for new wheels quite yet, but who knows, if you still have them in a month or so... I'll let you know!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #17
satcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud ofsatcom221 has much to be proud of
Air Force: Satellite Communications
Name: Rick
satcom221's Tacoma Gallery
How about $500? You would still make $50 over your replacements...
Old 11-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #18
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2f View Post

That is the problem. You are basing your wheels and tires off MSRP pricing from a retail vendor when you should be pricing it based on MARKET VALUE. Yes essentially the pricing will come out to someone getting practically a brand new set of tires for next to nothing, but what you are not taking into account is the fact that there are HUNDREDS if not thousands of these sets that have been taken-off Tacomas and sold by other members so they are floating around in large numbers. Chances are there are probably 10 more of these sets for sale now on this forum for less than half of what you are asking. That is the market value of the wheels regardless of what they cost new. Simple supply and demand. There is a large supply of these take-off wheels with little demand. Simple economics 101.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #19
l2f's Tacoma Gallery
Got to love a good truck forum dissertation in economics. You would have to know me better to appreciate the irony.

Satcom221 you have PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #20
screename has a spectacular aura aboutscreename has a spectacular aura about
Name: Van
screename's Tacoma Gallery
OP, I believe your pricing is not TOO far off. Those sets of wheels selling for $300-400 are used. Yours are worth more. Yours are literally brand new. You stated that they only have 100 miles on them so they SHOULD be in perfect condition with no chips, curbs, rusting, discoloring, etc. If you could find someone who wants a MINT set of wheels/tires, you could swing $600 maybe $650. That being said, the BIGGEST reason why someone won't pay that price is because they can almost buy a set of aftermarket wheels for that amount. You just need to find that person who really wants a mint set of awesome sport wheels. Best of luck.