Notices

Bike, Ski, Kayak, Bed Rack Solutions

Old 11-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
Fooster is on a distinguished road
Army: Scout Platoon Leader
Name: Lance
Fooster's Tacoma Gallery
Bike, Ski, Kayak, Bed Rack Solutions

I had just bought my taco and I am looking for Racking solutions. I rather not spend a whole lot and be drilling into the truck. Does anyone have anything in mind? Websites? or Discounts?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
Just sent you a pm... In addition to the rack set ups i described... I also have attachments for bikes, skis, and kayaks to use on it. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Fooster's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, i would greatly appreciate that.. Like I had said I'd like a solution for my equipment but I d still like to use the bed to store gear. is there any racks that utilizes the innovative rail system
Old 11-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
These.... for kayaks, surfboards, wood, pipes, conduit, 400lbs of whatever...Thule XT422's. They have XK1 adapters that attach rack to bedrails. They will not telescope down very far due to the shape of the inside of tacoma beds tho.

Any number of quick releases for bedrails for the bikes. I have Rocky Mounts with locking skewers. Many options for front wheel off, or use tiedown straps with bed cleats, tailgate pads, roof racks if double cab, hitch mounts, etc...none of which require any drilling.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
Fooster's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking ride.. Do you know of anything smaller besides a the Thule XK1
Old 11-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooster View Post
I had just bought my taco and I am looking for Racking solutions. I rather not spend a whole lot and be drilling into the truck. Does anyone have anything in mind? Websites? or Discounts?
There's a guy on Expo Portal selling a Xsporter 421 setup. The I bought a RTT from him and already have a the Xsporter 422. I think he's asking $250 for it.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^^^^^^^^Very good price. Mine is actually 421 but newer are 422. Not sure of any differences.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooster View Post
Nice looking ride.. Do you know of anything smaller besides a the Thule XK1
Thanks. XK1 is just the adapters that attach the rack to the bed rails on the Tacoma.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiTaco View Post
Love 2 surf racks look cool as hell, and the owner is on TW. surftaco I think. search
'L2S racks'. you use your own yakima crossbars or steel pipe from lowes or where
ever. @ $100.00 or less for bed height rack. I dig em, but a camper shell was the direction I went.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...kima-rack.html

http://www.love-2-surf.com/index.html
Those are badass, I know what is on my christmas list.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:30 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Those are great for a bunch of things, just not 12' kayaks or 9'6" longboards. Would rather have those over the cab rather than hanging 3-6' past the tailgate. Over the cab also allows full view out the back window and is handy for shade spot to get out of sun...not that that matters to most people. With a tarp thrown over the kayaks up there also makes a dry place to sleep when camping.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #12
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiTaco View Post
Love 2 surf racks look cool as hell, and the owner is on TW. surftaco I think. search
'L2S racks'. you use your own yakima crossbars or steel pipe from lowes or where
ever. @ $100.00 or less for bed height rack. I dig em, but a camper shell was the direction I went.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...kima-rack.html

http://www.love-2-surf.com/index.html

that's basically the setup i did except a little differently....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...go-basket.html
Old 01-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #15
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the cap
Old 01-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
I just roll up the tonneau and tie and strap the canoe or kayak into the bed. Bright orange shirt hung to the end as a warning.

On my station wagon i used thule rack but have not gone rack route since I too do not want to drill and tonnea (access limited) slignly blocks the bed rails.