LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: OEM Satellite (XM) Antenna Cable

Old 12-04-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
Taco Fever - I've got it bad!
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
billyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: OEM Satellite (XM) Antenna Cable

UPDATE:
Good News! Eugene Kaspin of VAIS Technology (vaistech.com) responded to my request for a custom Toyota/Lexus "square" satellite antenna connector cable (Female to Male). He quoted me $80 + 10 shipping with a 2 day turn-around time. Of course, I said LETS DO IT!

So, just wanted to pass this info on for anyone else needing a custom cable solution. Here's his contact info:

Eugene Kaspin
VAIS Technology
720-733-2348
info@vaistech.com

I'm looking for the cable(s) that connect an OEM satellite (XM) antenna to the back of an 09+ JBL radio w/built-in XM tuner.

There are actually 2 cables: one that runs from the headliner (where it's connected to the roof-mounted antenna) to the left kick panel and another that runs from the left kick panel to the back of the JBL radio (blue connector).

Also, if anyone has a "XM Fit Kit" (for non-JBL radios) I would be interested in the antenna cable provided as well.

Thanks!

The 1st pic depicts the "blue" connector on the back of the radio (Female).
The 2nd pic (w/Quarter) is the connector on the OEM XM antenna (Male).
So, a reasonably long (9'-12') Male-Female cable would do the trick!
Attached Thumbnails
WTB: OEM Satellite (XM) Antenna Cable-sfa_female-close_up.jpg   WTB: OEM Satellite (XM) Antenna Cable-sfa_male-quarter_view.jpg  
Old 12-26-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in getting a HU with the XM installed in it. If I understand correctly, this would have the blue connector on the rear? Then, I would need a cable like the one you purchased from VAIS and an antenna and thats it, I'd have XM capability?.....correct?
Any help you can provide is appreciated. THANKS!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:59 AM   #4
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
www.tss-radio.com/products/lexus-gs-shark-fin-antenna-adapter

Purchased, Installed, works great with stock antentenna
Old 12-27-2011, 01:38 AM   #5
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizjettech View Post
I'm interested in getting a HU with the XM installed in it. If I understand correctly, this would have the blue connector on the rear? Then, I would need a cable like the one you purchased from VAIS and an antenna and thats it, I'd have XM capability?.....correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizjettech
saw your post on the xm antenna cable. Got a question......I'm interested in getting a HU with the XM installed in it. If I understand correctly, this would have the blue connector on the rear? Then, I would need a cable like the one you purchased from VAIS and an antenna and thats it, I'd have XM capability?.....correct?

Correctamundo! However, only 09+ JBL HUs have a built-in XM receiver. If you have a 09+ NON-JBL HU, you can add an external XM receiver. Of course, in either case, you need a satellite antenna. I prefer the OEM "look" so I bought a color-matched OEM Antenna.

If you have a pre-09 Taco, you can always replace yours with an 09+. Stick with your HU type (JBL/non-JBL) though, since the wiring/connectors are quite different.

Refer to my post detailing how to install a 09+ HU in a 05-08 Taco:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ml#post2605259

Feel free to ask questions...
Old 12-27-2011, 01:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
www.tss-radio.com/products/lexus-gs-shark-fin-antenna-adapter

Purchased, Installed, works great with stock antentenna