1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weird find and need advice - Honda accord items

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by johnanm, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Dec 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    johnanm

johnanm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Up
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab 2.7L Prerunner
    Bilstein 5100 @ 1.75" front shocks on stock springs, AFE ProDry drop-in, white DTRLs, Sylvania ZXE headlamps, DeeZee bed mat, Tailgate hose clamp mod, cheap snap craigslist tonneau, Weathertech vent visors, secondary air filter removed, Class III hitch
    Hey guys,

Found this on the road to Nashville yesterday...looked like it had been there for more than a day or so, so I loaded it up and now I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal it out for parts.

What I have:
    2011 Accord front fascia/bumper/whatever
    Grill with chrome moulding and emblem
    License plate mount
    Two fog lamp assemblies - one with mount damage and cracked lens, the other is mint
    Two fog lamp bulbs, seem to be undamaged but will test

If I could find who it belongs to, I'd give it to them in a heartbeat. But I couldn't just leave it there for the highway crew to throw it in a dumpster either. So I'd like to try to part this out and make a few dollars, but maybe one of ya'll have a better idea. Thought about trying to take to a salvage yard or body shop also to see what they think.

IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0135.jpg
    IMAG0136.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg

2. Dec 4, 2011 at 1:11 PM
    TacoTitan11

TacoTitan11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. C
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    that almost looks like a bumper from an Odyssey

3. Dec 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    ill ay

ill ay I DO MAN STUFF

Member:
    The Valley
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pre Tacoma & 2017 4x4 SR5 Tacoma
    Grille and Fog lights are worth money. The bumper, throw it in the trash. The mounts are broken and its scraped up.

You did the right thing. You cleaned up the road and in doing so, you'll make some money. If someone wanted that, they would have taken it at the time of the accident. I could only imagine if they didn't want it, they were drunk and just took off.

Either way, great find and enjoy some extra cash.

4. Dec 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    johnanm

Member:
    Up
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100 @ 1.75" front shocks on stock springs, AFE ProDry drop-in, white DTRLs, Sylvania ZXE headlamps, DeeZee bed mat, Tailgate hose clamp mod, cheap snap craigslist tonneau, Weathertech vent visors, secondary air filter removed, Class III hitch
    If I lived in Atlanta or something that might work pretty well, not so much here in BF nowhere I think

5. Dec 4, 2011 at 1:14 PM
    johnanm

Member:
    Up
    Vehicle:
    That's what I thought too. It's a shame because even though it's scratched, the bumper could be really useful to someone who had a small accident and cracked theirs. Might put the bumper on CL as a free/cheap item but the other things, particularly the grille, I would like to sell. You think eBay or CL for those?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top