Notices

Weird find and need advice - Honda accord items

Old 12-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
johnanm will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Pilot
johnanm's Tacoma Gallery
Weird find and need advice - Honda accord items

Hey guys,

Found this on the road to Nashville yesterday...looked like it had been there for more than a day or so, so I loaded it up and now I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal it out for parts.

What I have:
2011 Accord front fascia/bumper/whatever
Grill with chrome moulding and emblem
License plate mount
Two fog lamp assemblies - one with mount damage and cracked lens, the other is mint
Two fog lamp bulbs, seem to be undamaged but will test

If I could find who it belongs to, I'd give it to them in a heartbeat. But I couldn't just leave it there for the highway crew to throw it in a dumpster either. So I'd like to try to part this out and make a few dollars, but maybe one of ya'll have a better idea. Thought about trying to take to a salvage yard or body shop also to see what they think.
Attached Thumbnails
Weird find and need advice - Honda accord items-imag0133.jpg   Weird find and need advice - Honda accord items-imag0134.jpg   Weird find and need advice - Honda accord items-imag0135.jpg   Weird find and need advice - Honda accord items-imag0136.jpg   Weird find and need advice - Honda accord items-imag0137.jpg  

Old 12-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
TacoTitan11's Tacoma Gallery
that almost looks like a bumper from an Odyssey
Old 12-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
I am a Pearl in your Oyster
ill ay is on a distinguished road

ill ay's Tacoma Gallery
Grille and Fog lights are worth money. The bumper, throw it in the trash. The mounts are broken and its scraped up.

You did the right thing. You cleaned up the road and in doing so, you'll make some money. If someone wanted that, they would have taken it at the time of the accident. I could only imagine if they didn't want it, they were drunk and just took off.

Either way, great find and enjoy some extra cash.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #4

johnanm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
sell it on cl
If I lived in Atlanta or something that might work pretty well, not so much here in BF nowhere I think
Old 12-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #5

johnanm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill ay View Post
Grille and Fog lights are worth money. The bumper, throw it in the trash. The mounts are broken and its scraped up.
That's what I thought too. It's a shame because even though it's scratched, the bumper could be really useful to someone who had a small accident and cracked theirs. Might put the bumper on CL as a free/cheap item but the other things, particularly the grille, I would like to sell. You think eBay or CL for those?