Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS: Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-Xenon Projectors

Old 12-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
rmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mo
rmyc's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-Xenon Projectors

Hey,

I got a few pairs of Morimoto Mini H1's i was going to retrofit into taco headlights for a bunch of local guys. Most of them backed off so I'm trying to sell them.

Here is my Retro thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-retrofit.html

2x Projectors
2x Gatling Shrouds

100$ shipped , paypal

if you have q's txt me
386- 7095

I can retro non oem headlights for $300 (50%/ down) but i'd rather not..

Price drop, the retro fitter sold me them for less this time

$90 shipped 2nd pair $80 2pairs fit in the usps flate rate box box
Old 12-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Do these fit right into the headlight or do you need to cut a whole reflector to make them fit?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
interested. Are there install instructions anywhere?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:49 AM   #5
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
what else do I need to get these installed and working? I saw your other thread and suggested you try to sell some kits and BAM here you are... I would love to do a retrofit but am not sure what I need to get to complete it. thank you
Old 12-16-2011, 06:25 AM   #6
xxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to behold

xxaarraa's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd you.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:32 AM   #7
spins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspins615 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
spins615's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested, just comes with the projectors and shrouds? not the kit from DDM?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #8
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If I have a ddm h4 drop in kit do I just need new bulbs ?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
interested. Are there install instructions anywhere?
they mount up the same as the d2's but, they are waay better!

these things are as good as the fx-r no doubt. the fx-r will be a tad wider maybe a foot on either side but the H1 makes up for it with more light in the foreground and a more even light distribution through out.

the only down side is since they are an open design and the lens retainer and front half of the projector is plastic so they don't play nice in 55watt set-ups the heat can be a problem down the road. also they take a h1 rebased bulb instead of using d2s bulbs. this will exclude some of the highest quality bulbs from being used in your H1.

really though there performance, size, ease of installation and price ensure they cannot be beat. the mini d2s has almost no color in the cutoff at all while the H1 has a thick ribbon of blue and purple this contributes to an impressive color flicker and better performance ie, lighting up street signs and reflectors on the road. they also have an extremely wide beam equal to that of an fx-r.

not to mention this guy is offering them at a great price! this is a pretty sweet deal guy's for shrouds and new H1's and thats shipped to your door dude i might pick up a set of these

great deal op and bump for you dude
Old 12-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 12-19-2011, 11:13 PM   #12
rmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmyc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rmyc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
Do these fit right into the headlight or do you need to cut a whole reflector to make them fit?
they will fit in the headlight with no cutting needed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by spins615 View Post
I'm interested, just comes with the projectors and shrouds? not the kit from DDM?
comes with projector and shrouds

you will need:
bixenon harness
ballast
bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
If I have a ddm h4 drop in kit do I just need new bulbs ?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
they mount up the same as the d2's but, they are waay better!

these things are as good as the fx-r no doubt. the fx-r will be a tad wider maybe a foot on either side but the H1 makes up for it with more light in the foreground and a more even light distribution through out.

the only down side is since they are an open design and the lens retainer and front half of the projector is plastic so they don't play nice in 55watt set-ups the heat can be a problem down the road. also they take a h1 rebased bulb instead of using d2s bulbs. this will exclude some of the highest quality bulbs from being used in your H1.

really though there performance, size, ease of installation and price ensure they cannot be beat. the mini d2s has almost no color in the cutoff at all while the H1 has a thick ribbon of blue and purple this contributes to an impressive color flicker and better performance ie, lighting up street signs and reflectors on the road. they also have an extremely wide beam equal to that of an fx-r.

not to mention this guy is offering them at a great price! this is a pretty sweet deal guy's for shrouds and new H1's and thats shipped to your door dude i might pick up a set of these

great deal op and bump for you dude
^good info.

Honestly, taco's sit high and the spread is really nice. it bowls away any H4 setup

as for bulbs, the best bulbs are the philips h1(Rebase/clone) hidplanet has a brightness review on them.

FxR's are a little bit wider but they arent plug and play and require cutting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmytacoma View Post
anyone know if they would they work in an 05 silverado?
you might want to check hidplanet.com
Old 12-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #13
rmyc's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of PM's from people that have DDM H4's

you guys have it easiest, all you need are h1 bulbs ~$15 on ebay
Old 12-20-2011, 04:56 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmytacoma View Post
anyone know if they would they work in an 05 silverado?
Check a Chevy forum but depending on the lights you have, I don't believe they come apart by baking them like the Tacoma's do. I saw a video of a new style Chevy being retrofitted and they had to cut the lens off at the seam, then silicone adhesive was used to reseal them at the end.

One thing to keep in mind with the Chevy though, they have DTRLs and a different low and high beam bulb instead of a dual filament like the Tacoma. You could retrofit the bi-xenon into the housing and make it so you have your low/high beams in one but might require some wiring modifications to do so. You'd be better off with a good low beam only kit and retain the factory halogen high beams (in my opinion).
Old 12-20-2011, 05:10 AM   #15
Banned
Stout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant future

Navy: aviation machinists mate on the Lockheed p-3 orion
Name: Jason
Stout890's Tacoma Gallery
curious if these will work in a first gen..i have ddm HID kit in my 99 and want to do projectors but i love my blacked out headlights and hate the euro look of the projector headlights on ebay
Old 12-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #16

I'll take a set. PM me your paypal info. Thanks
Old 12-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #17
"Welp...see ya in the shit.."
SNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud ofSNWMN209 has much to be proud of

Air Force: 134th ARW Boom Operator
SNWMN209's Tacoma Gallery
would these work with a "slim" HID kit that i got from a GB on here?
Old 12-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNWMN209 View Post
would these work with a "slim" HID kit that i got from a GB on here?
i think it should but you need different bulbs, you need H1 bulbs rather than H4
Old 12-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #19
Banned
Stout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant future

Navy: aviation machinists mate on the Lockheed p-3 orion
Name: Jason
Stout890's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
i think it should but you need different bulbs, you need H1 bulbs rather than H4
does that go for DDM ones too?
Old 12-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #20

yeah im pretty sure. you should be able to use the ballasts and wiring, just change out with compatible bulbs ( in this case H1 )