Notices

2nd Gen 7 pin Trailer Plug

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
prerun this is on a distinguished road
Name: Walker
prerun this's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen 7 pin Trailer Plug

Does anyone have one for sale? Everywhere that I have looked is upwards of $150 and would like to find one cheaper. The plastic around where you insert the 7 pin adapter is cracked so it wont hold always stay plugged in while I am towing my boat. The part number that I'm looking for is 82169-04010
Old 01-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I gave up looking for an OEM one. I picked up a Hopkins unit from Walmart and spliced in the stock wiring.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
prerun this is on a distinguished road
Name: Walker
prerun this's Tacoma Gallery
I guess i dont need the whole assembly and could just use the plug. Just not sure how good the whole splicing thing would work out. How did it work out for you whippersnapper?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
koch1024 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Andy
koch1024's Tacoma Gallery
try etrailer.com. see if they have something you could use.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerun this View Post
Does anyone have one for sale? Everywhere that I have looked is upwards of $150 and would like to find one cheaper. The plastic around where you insert the 7 pin adapter is cracked so it wont hold always stay plugged in while I am towing my boat. The part number that I'm looking for is 82169-04010
Yeah, that's the whole harness.

Here's the plug that I like:
Pollack part number 12-705

I like it better than the stock Toyota part.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
The thieving bastards at my stealership have it for $237 + tax!! Currently scanning junkyards...
Old 01-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #10
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
I've got just the plug. Assuming you still have the stock wiring intact all you would need to do would be pop out the rubber plugs on yours and remove the ones on mine and play match the colors. I cut mine and wired a new one so I could mount it next to my license plate. Let me know if you're still interested.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival

Does anyone have a used one laying around or anything? My buddy busted his a while back and is looking for one to buy but doesnt want to spend the $200 for a new one from Toyota.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/Flagline-47185...harness+plug+7

You can get them at Walmart or any parts store.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I gave up looking for an OEM one. I picked up a Hopkins unit from Walmart and spliced in the stock wiring.
I did this too, just google the wiring diagram and match up your wires, use shrink wrap and wire loom to protect your splices.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
This one is supposed to be plug-n-play

http://www.amazon.com/Tow-Ready-2013...ype=automotive
Old 08-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
This one is supposed to be plug-n-play

http://www.amazon.com/Tow-Ready-2013...ype=automotive
This one looks pretty close to the OEM one. Do you know if everything is plug-n-play?....like even the bracket too? He just snapped the back piece off but pretty much needs a whole new setup.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #16

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
This one looks pretty close to the OEM one. Do you know if everything is plug-n-play?....like even the bracket too? He just snapped the back piece off but pretty much needs a whole new setup.

that's exactly what the one on my Tundra looks like.

According to the manufscturer's website, it's a 10 minuite install. You might want to call them because the application chart only shows 09-12 tacomas.

http://www.towready.com/content/prod...D=1515+&part=0
Old 08-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
that's exactly what the one on my Tundra looks like.

According to the manufscturer's website, it's a 10 minuite install. You might want to call them because the application chart only shows 09-12 tacomas.

http://www.towready.com/content/prod...D=1515+&part=0
Yeah I just looked it up and and I will get a hold of them to see if it fits the 2008's and older. Thanks for the links!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.

Dang those guys respond back to e-mails pretty quick!! But here is what the guys wrote:

1995 – 2008 Tacomas are not wired for 7way connectors and so the 20119 does not have anything to which to attach.

Thank you for contacting the Technical Group

Cequent Performance Products

But from looking at this picture that my buddy sent me and from the picture of this plug which is for a 2003-2006 Tundra, it looks like the adapters will fit each other and on the Amazon website it says they are compatible. What do you guys think?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #19
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Dang those guys respond back to e-mails pretty quick!! But here is what the guys wrote:

1995 – 2008 Tacomas are not wired for 7way connectors and so the 20119 does not have anything to which to attach.

Thank you for contacting the Technical Group

Cequent Performance Products

But from looking at this picture that my buddy sent me and from the picture of this plug which is for a 2003-2006 Tundra, it looks like the adapters will fit each other and on the Amazon website it says they are compatible. What do you guys think?
Well, I have a 2008 with an OEM 7-way connector, so their Technical Group isn't totally correct. Amazon shows this will work for my 2008, not sure about older years though.

Very interested to know if this will work though, I just broke my connector in the same way and need the OEM size for the pre-cut hole in Billy's rear bumper...
Old 08-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #20
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
The thieving bastards at my stealership have it for $237 + tax!! Currently scanning junkyards...
. . . ^ ^ ^ . . . My, my ... our good friends at the dealerships are just trying to make a meager profit to put food on their table (and shoes on their kids) ...

Products Discussed in this Thread