Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FEELER / PRICE ADVICE: Running 2.2L 4 Cyl. 20R Engine & 5 Speed Manual

Old 01-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Rebuild & Running 2.2L 4 Cyl. 20R Engine & 5 Speed Manual

Item: 1977 20R Engine w/ 5 Spd. Manual Trans.
Price: $500 OBO
Payment: Paypal or Cash
Shipping: Buyer makes arrangements
Local Sale: Will meet halfway for reasonable distances.

Looking to sale a fully rebuilt and running 20R Toyota pickup engine bolted up to a 5 speed manual transmission. This was my dad's dune buggy project motor, but he was only able to get the engine and transmission rebuilt and running before his untimely passing. We lost Dad this past September and I am slowly sorting through the projects/toys I want to keep, and selling the parts and pieces to help my Mom out and finish a few of the projects my Dad and I had started. I apologize for not having a picture to go along with my post, but my Mom is supposed to email me a few pictures in the next day or two. This post is a feeler to generate interest and an attempt to figure out a price for the pair. If I am not mistaken the motor and tranny have approximately 85k original miles, and have been ran for less than 2 hours on the rebuild. The engine came out of a 1977 2WD Toyota Pickup. I wish I knew more about the engine, but I was deployed when my Dad was working on it. If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions; please feel free. Thank you in advance for your time.

*DISCLAIMER: NOT ACTUAL ITEM
Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
Any idea on a price or more appropriate place to sale it?
Nice 20r looks good. Not sure on a price to ask. I currently have a 76' 20r in my garage I was thinking about cleaning up and getting it running. I guess if the price was right i might try to check it out. Have you tried selling it over on Marlin, thats were I bought my 20r.

Brett
Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
It would be my opinion that a strong running 20R and tranny should fetch some where between $250 - $500 depending on condition. There are plenty of people out there with early - mid 80's toyotas that need an engine.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
My condolences Wes. I'd also try over at Pirate4x4. They have a lot of older rigs and you might generate more interest.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
The 20R head on 22R block flows better and as was stated, there should definitely be some interest out there for this. I would like that combo in a samarai for some 4wd nimble fun action. GLWS
Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
I unsubscribed to this thread before there was any responses, and I want to apologize for ignoring it and say thank you for all of the guidance. The engine/tranny is still for sale and I think I will try my hand at Pirate4x4 and see how that goes. I'll start at $500 obo. Thanks again for the help. Going home for Easter and I will get some actual pictures.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #10
Orangeman69 is on a distinguished road
Name: Danny
Orangeman69's Tacoma Gallery
That engine would be great for a back up for my mini stock
Old 03-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #11
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman69 View Post
That engine would be great for a back up for my mini stock
I still got my 20r long block just sitting in the garage.? Ready to rock, 1976

Thanks

Brett
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #12

Oh! And welcome to TW , first post!

Brett
Old 06-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #13
Walt Mont is on a distinguished road
Name: walt
Walt Mont's Tacoma Gallery
R

Hello Wes,

I am interested on your 20-R Ingine that you have for sale, would you please contact me at my e-mail: v12cy@hotmail.com or you can call me
at: 626-825-6602

Thanks,
Walt
Old 06-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
22r block with 20r head using double roller timing set is the hot setup. 20r head flows more air. Stick offenhauser intake w/weber carb or do sidedraft Mikuni's.