Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: On board Air system/compressor

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: On board Air system/compressor

Decided, fug it, going for an OBA system to nearly complete my build. I want to be able to drop my pressures without the worry of having a hour or two wait to fill them up (so I never do).

I'd personally like a VIAIR 10007.

http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/10007.html

I'm looking for something constant duty for other uses etc should I go that way as well. The VIAIR would really be perfect.

Anyone got one they decided they don't want, or sold their truck and have, etc etc?

Not interested in MV50 or the small ARB compressor. The ARB constant duty is nice, but huge and expensive, and MV is slower, not constant duty, and I'm looking for a bit higher quality.

I found the 10007 semi-locally for $440 ish new, so hoping to find a deal here.

I might be asking a bit much but you will never know if you don't ask.

Thanks TW!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
7 minute fill rate from 0-30psi for a 35" tire? Seems slow. My tsunami one does my 33's from 10-40psi in about 3-4 minutes or something like that. Plus, if you can run one like mine continuously(minus shutting off to switch tires) why would you want to spend all that extra money? Just curious.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah its not a super fast compressor just a very tough one. And once the tank is in there it helps a lot as the tank can basically do a couple tires on its own. So in reality it fills a lot faster than that once installed.

Due to being constant duty you can also run air tools etc.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Go CO2 or N2. Much cheaper and faster fill times. Easier to mount also.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #5

Ya not really practical for running air tools etc. Plus sure would suck to run out at the wrong time!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #6
blt2tuk is on a distinguished road
blt2tuk's Tacoma Gallery
Why not make an engine driven out of a York ac compressor? Way cheaper. You will need to make a bracket to mount it on the engine but there is no comparison to an electric comp. it will fill a 5 gal tank to 200 psi in less than a minute
Old 01-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #7

I don't really feel like modding it and it would be nice to have it avail even if engine not running.

Hence running the air tools to fix it
Old 01-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Banned
hamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hamsterhater's Tacoma Gallery
2 gallon tank in tool box
Old 01-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Dual MV-50's with a 5 gallon tank. Everything including pressure switch, compressors, tank, and plumbing for under $200. I will challenge and spank any Viair Setup, garunteed.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
Banned
hamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hamsterhater's Tacoma Gallery
dude that things mint.. mine is for air horns and to plug a tire and fill in emergency.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterhater View Post
dude that things mint.. mine is for air horns and to plug a tire and fill in emergency.
Mines got a regulated manifold which the lockers run off, and a non-regulated side which sits at 120 psi for whatever I feel like I need it for

Takes exactly 2 minutes to refill the system from 100 (on) to 120 (off).
Old 01-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #12

Nice. SO anyone have these fancy pants systems for sale or what!?
Old 01-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #13
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Husky OnBoard Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post
Nice. SO anyone have these fancy pants systems for sale or what!?
Here you go, this is my setup! Cost me a whole $50 at Home Depot, I then upgraded the hose to a 25 ft $5.99 Harbor Frieght Special.

But seriously, I have been wanting an onboard air setup and also have the MV-50 but trying to source all of the small parts....like a 2.5 gallon tank and all the switches and gauges and stuff started to get expensive. I walked into Home Depot last week and found this on sale from $79 to $49 and it comes with a ton of accessories like the air gauge you see in the pic. My plan was to take it apart and use the tank and all the pieces and maybe even the air compressor but I have a outlet on my truck and it fits perfectly in my Rubbermaid/Tool box.

Total Cost - $60
Attached Thumbnails
WTB: On board Air system/compressor-husky-board-air.jpg  
Old 01-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #14

I might order a tank and 2 smaller compressors and build OBA at local air shop. Bit more redundant, faster, and same/cheaper than OBA in the kit..

http://www.central4wd.com/inventoryd...;folder|110303
Old 01-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #15

Well just pulled the trigger on two of those. Now to find a place to put them!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #16
blt2tuk is on a distinguished road
blt2tuk's Tacoma Gallery
Back to the York. If you didnt want to have it engine driven you could always go to the parts store and buy one of those cheap hundred dollar winches and take it all apart an use the motor to attach to the York to drive it. Then u have a 12 volt York. And it will probably out do any 12v comp on the market. Just saying for anyone else that may be interested
Old 01-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #17

Ya just heard back, all compressors on back order. Doh!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #18
Zombie Response Team
ROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
ROCKSLINGER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post
I found the 10007 semi-locally for $440 ish new, so hoping to find a deal here.

You can find the Viair 10007 alot cheaper then that. I found it for $360 but I dont know about shipping to Canada.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Towing/Co..._pn=V%2fA10007

See price in cart.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #19

Ya my only problem is I'm moving 14 hours north in a couple weeks and I'd have liked to get the stuff before that and get it installed, but not a bit deal. I'm going to just wait until I get there and get settled in then order it.

Good price though and they ship to Canada for free it seems.

Products Discussed in this Thread