Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Buying new Tacoma DC if I can drop to XRunner height... Need help!

Old 01-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
BONEDIGGITTY is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
BONEDIGGITTY's Tacoma Gallery
Buying new Tacoma DC if I can drop to XRunner height... Need help!

Hi All,

I'm a total newb when it comes to newer Tacos. I spotted a newer XRunner on my way home from work the other night. I'm in the market for a new DC but because my wife and I are disabled and use wheelchairs, jumping into a stock DC can be crazy difficult. I was thinking if I could get a new DC down to the height of an XRunner, I will buy one this week!

HELP!!

What are my options? How much should I be ready to spend? Is it worth looking into?
Old 01-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BONEDIGGITTY View Post
Hi All,

I'm a total newb when it comes to newer Tacos. I spotted a newer XRunner on my way home from work the other night. I'm in the market for a new DC but because my wife and I are disabled and use wheelchairs, jumping into a stock DC can be crazy difficult. I was thinking if I could get a new DC down to the height of an XRunner, I will buy one this week!

HELP!!

What are my options? How much should I be ready to spend? Is it worth looking into?
There is the double cab 5 lug Tacoma
Old 01-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The prerunner will not get as low as a X runner. As mentioned above you can get a 5 lug double cab but you are stuck with a 4 banger.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
There is the double cab 5 lug Tacoma
they have double cab 5 luggers?

I've never seen one of those
Old 01-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
they have double cab 5 luggers?

I've never seen one of those
they came out in 2011

Old 01-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
How low can a PreRunner be lowered? 2", 3", 4"?

I do not want to go the route of a 4banger....
Old 01-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #7

Quote:
How low can a PreRunner be lowered? 2", 3", 4"?

I do not want to go the route of a 4banger....
not by much

http://tundraracing.com/prerunnerdropkit.htm

a member on here has the lowering kit installed on his Tacoma

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-part-iii.html
Old 01-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
You can put that thing on the ground but it all depends on how much you want to throw at it.

There was someone on here that did a build and he drop a DC.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
^^^Yeah see not X-Runner low.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Only way I know that you'll get a Prerunner/4x4 to X-Runner low is through a custom fab job. Bring lotso $$$$

Might be better off getting a base 5-lug DC and take it to X-Runner looks.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
Thanks guys, I was hoping that someone knew of a quick fix for a reasonable amount of dough. I definitely don't want a 4cyl, I think the 2" drop kit might not be enough, and I don't have the funds for a custom fab job. Maybe I'll have to go with a different vehicle....
Old 01-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Thanks guys, I was hoping that someone knew of a quick fix for a reasonable amount of dough. I definitely don't want a 4cyl, I think the 2" drop kit might not be enough, and I don't have the funds for a custom fab job. Maybe I'll have to go with a different vehicle....
why don't you want the 4banger?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #14
I would rather not be the guy that's holding up the winding 2-lane highway simply because I have a pair of jet-skis behind me. Beyond that, I know that resale price will be higher and reselling it would be easier down the road...
Old 01-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #15
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
hydraulics or airbags could give you what you are looking for. A custom shop could build it out. Where it lowers practically to the ground so you can get in it, then raises up when you drive. Since you are on disability, there may be grants available to pay for this upgrade.

http://www.wikihow.com/Lower-a-Car

Federal Mobility Grants
Grants.gov and Federal Grants Wire are your connections to federal grant opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Some opportunities include grants for technology, employment services, basic support, advocacy, transportation, and grants that are disability-specific, for instance grants for the blind.

Read more: Vehicle Grants for the Disabled | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_5925887_veh...#ixzz1l5OfnMez
Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #16

Quote:
I would rather not be the guy that's holding up the winding 2-lane highway simply because I have a pair of jet-skis behind me. Beyond that, I know that resale price will be higher and reselling it would be easier down the road...
you can supercharge the 2.7L

http://www.urdusa.com/Forced-Inducti...duct_info.html