Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB ultragauge

Old 02-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
preciate the advice, craigslist is kind of hit or miss, i've already looked on there, and no hits, but as far as ultragauge, i can't even find a single unit for sale anywhere, other than the maker of it, like not even ebay
Old 02-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
preciate the advice, craigslist is kind of hit or miss, i've already looked on there, and no hits, but as far as ultragauge, i can't even find a single unit for sale anywhere, other than the maker of it, like not even ebay
I know what you mean!!! All they have is those weird Bluetooth ones or the ones you can hook up to a computer, and the rest are the Scan Gauges (with the exception of the Kiwi and etc. etc. ones listed as well). I've tried em all too lol. I guess just wait till one pops up or something (also try other forums, the one I got was from a dude that used it in his turbo'd Neon).
Old 02-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
yea after searching through these threads, i've seen some on here for like 50-65, so i thought i'd give it a try before getting a new one, I do have one q though, maybe you'd know, they haven't updated any of the firmware/software or anything have they? like if i got one that was made 2 years ago, assuming it's the EM model, instead of the classic, then it should be the same right? because it looks like scan gauge has different software versions
Old 02-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I would say for the price just buy a new one. How much can you save buying a used one? Maybe $10 or $20 and then you don't know why the guy is selling it - maybe something wrong with it.
For what it is worth, I got mine last week and I like it. Not sure what to do with most of the information, but a few gauges are really usefull.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #7

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
boerseun, you're prob right, I would only buy used if I saved like $30, which wouldn't even be much, but is still over 1/3 of the price, I'm just hoping someone's is in good condition, that they just kind of lost interest in, and nice truck btw, we're having a meet on feb 19th in tampa if you're free
Old 02-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yea after searching through these threads, i've seen some on here for like 50-65, so i thought i'd give it a try before getting a new one, I do have one q though, maybe you'd know, they haven't updated any of the firmware/software or anything have they? like if i got one that was made 2 years ago, assuming it's the EM model, instead of the classic, then it should be the same right? because it looks like scan gauge has different software versions
googled your q, found this tid bit on the UG forum. Kind of depresses me (the response from the forum admin)

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/UltraGaug...hp?topic=661.0

"UltraGauge is not field upgradeable. UG must be returned to be upgraded. Returning units internationally is time & cost prohibitive. The Metric version has been in beta testing for some time and so far there have been zero defects found, other than a few typos. Our engineers always want more testing, but we are at the point of dimensioning returns. UltraGauge EM, as it is called, will be released by the end of July or early August."

this was posted in July of 2011
Old 02-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #9

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
googled your q, found this tid bit on the UG forum. Kind of depresses me (the response from the forum admin)

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/UltraGaug...hp?topic=661.0
I'm not quite sure I understand? I've read that there is a metric version, but I don't want that one, right? other than that, the ultragauge EM's are all new as of middle of last year? so there should be no differences as long as it is not an ultragauge classic? is yours a classic? do they look identical?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #10

Quote:
I'm not quite sure I understand? I've read that there is a metric version, but I don't want that one, right? other than that, the ultragauge EM's are all new as of middle of last year? so there should be no differences as long as it is not an ultragauge classic? is yours a classic? do they look identical?
yeah I was reading a little more into it, breezed it the first time. they look the same from the site. I think I have the EM not the classic sorry. The pictures look the same on the site which makes it difficult for me to know to be honest.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #11

So from what I was reading on the site, the Classic only reads out English, the EM is English and Metric (ergo EM). Also the Classic is discontinued.

http://ultra-gauge.com/ZC/index.php?...&products_id=1

so your only going to get the EM model anyhow which is a plus since it's like $70 or so with a rebate.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #13

Quote:
that makes a ton more sense, i would always look at this chart

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/TEN/gauges.htm

and think the EM was the only way to go, but the english and metric makes a lot of sense now, thanks!!!
no worries, your going to love it!! I know I do. Even if I sell off my truck I'm going to keep the UG and put it on my other ride. Imo, having the gauges set-up the way it has them (I kind of fine tuned mine to my liking), I don't need the OE gauges. on the plus side it also helps with the error codes and so far so good on my truck as of now. *fingers crossed