Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Spindle lift kit

Old 02-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
island is on a distinguished road

island's Tacoma Gallery
Spindle lift kit

Anyone know were i can order this spindle lift kit for a fair price/cheap? And do they sell them in 6"? Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220878089224...84.m1423.l2649
Old 02-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #2
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
if you're 2wd..

Camburg 4": $1000+ w/ brakelines..
TC 3.5": $1200+..
Maxtrac 4": $500-$650ish...I don't think someone has a definite answer for price, but i got these at a pretty good price.

I don't think there's a 6" spindle lift...but you can achieve 6" or 7" with spacers, coilovers, or with 5100's...ride will differ depending on the setup...

someone else will chime in and correct me if i'm wrong...
Old 02-05-2012, 05:31 AM   #3
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Spindles don't come in 6". You can find 3" to 4" and they are anything but cheap.

Cheapest spindles you can find will run you about $650.00 just for the spindles.

You can add 5100's up front and set them to 2.5", along with 3.5" spindles to get 6". A 4" leaf pack for the rear, extended brake lines, and new rear shocks and you'll be set.

You're looking at about 2K. That's if you do the install yourself.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #4

island's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about that, Its a 2006 Prerunner. It started on ebay for less then $600.00 and read on here also for about the same price but this was a couple months ago and i just saved enough money to purchase but price went up. Was just wondering if that other site stayed at the same price or someone might know were i can get it for cheaper? I live in Guam and just trying to get the cheapest cause shipping here cost 2 arms and three legs!lol Also will the 4" clear 33s? Thanks Guys

Old 02-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They redesigned the spindles you linked, and then they jacked up the price. Those are still the cheapest available, even with the price increase. A 2.5" lift would clear 33's, and be a lot cheaper. A lot lighter, also.

You're looking for a good price. I would go with Bilstein 5100's (front and rear). Set the front at 2.5" and add a 1.5" AAL in the rear. You'll have a good lift, with a reasonable ride, for a reasonable price. Send a PM to Downsouth Motorsports. They are a vendor on here, and one of the very few companies that i will personally recommend.

All of this will cost you less then the spindles would by themselves.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #6

island's Tacoma Gallery
Hay guys, If i do decide to purchase this 4" spindle kit can i still run my stock shocks until i save save inof? Also were and what kind of shocks to get?

Old 02-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island View Post
Hay guys, If i do decide to purchase this 4" spindle kit can i still run my stock shocks until i save save inof? Also were and what kind of shocks to get?

yes
Old 02-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
yeah, you can keep your stock shocks...but it will only give you ...the 3.75-4inches. .whatever it is...if youre on a budget...you can get bilstein 5100 for around $160..iirc...alot of peeps running that..you can adjust them to .85, 1.75, 2.5 or 0...obviously harsher ride the higher you go..also harder to get aligned...i personally have the spindles at 5100 at 1.75 " ride is good...
Old 02-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
MRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to beholdMRW is a splendid one to behold

Name: Marco
MRW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatters View Post
yeah, you can keep your stock shocks...but it will only give you ...the 3.75-4inches. .whatever it is...if youre on a budget...you can get bilstein 5100 for around $160..iirc...alot of peeps running that..you can adjust them to .85, 1.75, 2.5 or 0...obviously harsher ride the higher you go..also harder to get aligned...i personally have the spindles at 5100 at 1.75 " ride is good...

What total lift did you achieve with this setup?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
Viejon

Firefighter:
around 5.5" its perfect imo...285s coming soon
Old 02-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatters View Post
around 5.5" its perfect imo...285s coming soon
Nice, what you got in the back?
Are 3" leafs (All-Pro, etc.) not enough for front? I'm thinking of doing same infront but @ 0 setting with Eibachs (so 1.6" lift).
Old 02-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #12

island's Tacoma Gallery
What you guys think of this deal? Will install with the spindle lift. Let me know what you guys think? Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300662804829...84.m1423.l2649
Old 02-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #13
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What you guys think of this deal? Will install with the spindle lift. Let me know what you guys think? Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300662804829...84.m1423.l2649
You went from spindles to 5100's? Haha

If your gonna get 5100's I would suggest gettig them from either wheelers offroad or downsouth motorsports
Old 02-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just call dsm? Plus bro, you need to get extended shocks for the rear if you're going to put in a 2-3" lift in the back too. I got the 5150 shocks in the back with a tsb pack and 2" aal. Those shocks r 99 each.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
So if u get the front 5100 for 170 and the 5150 for 200, you're only looking at a 30 dollar difference n getting a bit better of a shock. Correct me if im wrong.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #16

island's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
You went from spindles to 5100's? Haha

If your gonna get 5100's I would suggest gettig them from either wheelers offroad or downsouth motorsports

No ganna get both the spindle and 5100's. When i purchase on-line i have to find the best deal cause i live in Guam and shipping is very expensive
Old 02-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #17

island's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACWUT View Post
So if u get the front 5100 for 170 and the 5150 for 200, you're only looking at a 30 dollar difference n getting a bit better of a shock. Correct me if im wrong.
That's why I'm on here consulting you guys the vets. I thought they only had 5100's, so this prices are for each or pair? And were can i order this at? Thanks really appreciate the help
Old 02-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #18
All go, No show

Quote:
That's why I'm on here consulting you guys the vets. I thought they only had 5100's, so this prices are for each or pair? And were can i order this at? Thanks really appreciate the help
Those prices are for two shocks. Go to Downsouth Motorsports. They have a discount code posted in the vendor section, here on TW.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #19

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey bro, the 370 would b for the rear 5150 and the front 5100. I really like the feel of the rear with those 5150 shocks. Also make sure that you get your rear leaf pack or add a leaf sorted out first so you can determine what length of a shock you need.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #20

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and u need the 5150 stem to eye conversion kit. Its 20 bucks n super easy to switch. Dont let that trip u out. Those are way more worth than the 5100 for the price. I dont care wut others say. For the super insignificant price difference, it is worth it.