1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

custom spray painter for Toyotas trucks

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by 4bnbad, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Feb 5, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    4bnbad

4bnbad [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Bullhead City
    Vehicle:
    1996 tacoma 4x4 v-6
    17" rims lifted flamed shell
    I'm in Bullhead City, AZ. If your not too far I can do a trick candy paint job or the new Shimrin flake graphics I do for money or trade for legal fire arms hunting type guns, I'VE got no use for uzi's. only shot guns deer rifles, etc. Or If you just want a stock paint job no matter. We're all suffering from this crummy economy.
    So I can keep in business I keep my prices low. I have a graphics artist that comes over and lays out what you want to have done scallops, flames, etc
    call or email the ol' guy Bill 928-219-4404 1williamleland@gmail.com.
    I don't use that cheap production paint because 1 year later the clear coat is peeling off you need to buy the quality stuff to get 5 plus years clear life,
    PPG, DUPONT. simper fi

2. Feb 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    ironman_jon

ironman_jon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Sport
    URD TCAI Wicked Flow 18" 2 10in alpine type r 1500 watt amp MB 72 matte black Custom Bumper Debadged Glassworks fenders McNeil bedsides Helix TB Spacer Intake Manifold Spacer Custom Roof Rack 5x 55w HID SK2 projectors 55w DDM 5k Bulbs Camburg Long Travel Fox Coilovers
    Post some pictures of your work. Might help you out a little.

3. Feb 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    Welcome.

What PPG single stage paint do you recomend for a novice painter? I have a desert truck so paint doen't need to be fancy and I'm VERY new to this painting and HVLP guns. I have a set at home but haven't messed with them yet. Looking to paint the truck a matte tan or just a standard glossy black

4. Feb 6, 2012 at 5:29 AM
    4bnbad

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Bullhead City
    Vehicle:
    1996 tacoma 4x4 v-6
    Good idea, I will post some pictures of my work I'm no artist I have a pal that lays out the graphics I'm the gun guy

5. Feb 6, 2012 at 6:23 AM
    4bnbad

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Bullhead City
    Vehicle:
    1996 tacoma 4x4 v-6
    Regarding the type paint you use. It is complicated. But let me try to explain. I'll help anyone that wants to give it a go on their own not impossible just a lot of work.
    If you're spraying metallic with a single stage paint you really need to know what your doing. It is to easy to muck up the metallic distribution. If you aim for no orange peel & your new to spraying you'll discover mottled metallic. ugly. the dust clumps together looks very bad no fix for this. I may run out of room. It this is your first vehicle spray job call me I'll tell you what to do & how to do it. I'd do base coat & clear coat it is the easiest way to a uniform metallic distribution. cost a few dollars more but if you do as I suggest You'll blow your friends minds. I worked in my dad's auto restoration shop as a youth, he was a task master times ten. I suspect I could write a thin paper back on all the information that you'd be appreciative of for spraying your own car. but who'd want to buy it? call me early AZ time 6:00 AM I start my day early and go to bed early 928-219-4404 you can tape our conversation if you wish I have a life time of actually doing it to share. Best, Bill

6. Feb 6, 2012 at 6:32 AM
    4bnbad

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Bullhead City
    Vehicle:
    1996 tacoma 4x4 v-6
    The least expensive paint is white or black hands down. Another way to cut costs is go into your local auto paint supply and look at all the cans of wrong colors for sale cheap. they are possibly mistakes in mixing they just want it to go away CHEAP!
    I sprayed a Camry 4 door last week with a heavy metallic sierra beige really pretty color, I bought 2 qts, color single stage, hardener, & reducer medium quality $170 I think if I'd of started earlier in the morning and used slow reducer I could have covered car with 1 quart no metallic is a good way to begin your new hobby of painting vehicles. call me if you want detailed info. Bill 928-219-4404 Bullhead City, az No I don't use drugs just because most of the residents do tweekers I'm not in to that stuff no smoke a few beers

7. Feb 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    4bnbad

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Bullhead City
    Vehicle:
    1996 tacoma 4x4 v-6
    I have a lad locally that tapes off graphics me zero art skills I only do body work & spray paint color sand & rub out that art work is another dimension that I'm no member of

Products Discussed in

To Top