Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

homemade subwoofer boxes for sale

Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
dylanray is on a distinguished road

Name: dylan
dylanray's Tacoma Gallery
homemade subwoofer boxes for sale

have you been looking for a box to hold a 10 or 12" subwoofer in a ext. cab 1st gen tacoma that doesnt take up the rear seats? well look no further.

as you can see this box doesnt block the back seat or anything

my father and i are thinking about making these and selling them this was made for my truck we would make and sale them for $85 (without the subwoofer or leds on the side)

please send me a pm if you would be interesting in buying one
Old 02-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Wow looks good. Also *Selling, and what's the air space on one of these(I'm double cab but it's just good info to have for others), port tune frequency?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah is that a Dayton 3" port? How long is that and what tuning frequency did you shoot for?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
possibly interested depends on what shippings like
Old 02-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Yeah is that a Dayton 3" port? How long is that and what tuning frequency did you shoot for?
it is a 3 inch port the rest really we didnt focus on anything really we just put it together and it sounded good (making the port a little bigger due to the air noise) and shipping is based on there you live
Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanray View Post
it is a 3 inch port the rest really we didnt focus on anything really we just put it together and it sounded good (making the port a little bigger due to the air noise) and shipping is based on there you live
So.....you have no idea what it's tuned to? What's the volume of the box and the length of the port. I could figure it out for you.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
CaliforniaRex is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: S&R
CaliforniaRex's Tacoma Gallery
I WANT ONE!

i have a 2003 x-cab tacoma and have been looking for a box like this for a long time. I live in Irvine,California. Lets see if we can get some shipping rates and wondering if you can do a gray finish on it instead of brown. Lemme know. My cell phone number is 714-272-9158 if youd rather text.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
Greenhorn
95.5 taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle Osborne
95.5 taco's Tacoma Gallery
i am 100% in!! i have been lookin for this exact box! thats a great price too! does the box come carpeted or what??
Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95.5 taco View Post
i am 100% in!! i have been lookin for this exact box! thats a great price too! does the box come carpeted or what??
yeah if you want a different color just let me know remember its not made to sound great its meant to hold a sub and not take up room it has good bass my only complain is you hear the air alittle but when i add a bigger air hole to these that should fix it
Old 02-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
yeah if you want a different color just let me know remember its not made to sound great its meant to hold a sub and not take up room it has good bass my only complain is you hear the air alittle but when i add a bigger air hole to these that should fix it
whats the purpose of having a sub if its not going to sound good?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
whats the purpose of having a sub if its not going to sound good?
i said it sounds good only complaint is you hear the air coming out the air hole which is a easy fix. it has really good bass though
Old 02-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i said it sounds good only complaint is you hear the air coming out the air hole which is a easy fix. it has really good bass though
A proper port tune and a flared port should take care of the fluttering you're hearing.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #13
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Very very interested, once all tweaks are made and box is pretty much perfect I'll be more than happy to buy one
Old 02-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
A proper port tune and a flared port should take care of the fluttering you're hearing.
thanks ill include that in the next one i make then try it out and let everybody know if it solves the problem
Old 02-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #15
cheetoz is on a distinguished road
cheetoz's Tacoma Gallery
Are there any left?

So whats the latest with these sub boxes are you still selling and fix the issues??
Old 02-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
lol at selling boxes that no idea what the tune / port size or volume is. Anyone that buys these without knowing at least the internal volume should be smacked.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #17

honestly ive been a little lazy my dad and i have been building a back porch for the past week and its now in the 30's trying to get alittle warmer weather
Old 07-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #18
ngxtc is on a distinguished road
ngxtc's Tacoma Gallery
Are you still building and selling this subwoofer boxes?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #19
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
X2 !!!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #20
99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kyle
99tacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
What is the internal volume of this box?