Old 02-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
Stoffregen Motors is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Stoffregen Motors's Tacoma Gallery
1974 Chevrolet C30 Camper Special "Big Dooley"

1974 Chevrolet C30 Camper Special "Big Dooley"

***Smog Exempt*** 454ci Big Block V8, 4 barrel carb, Turbo 400 Trans
Camper Special (10,000 GVW)
Cheyenne Super (all options including full exterior trim, woodgrain interior, cloth headliner, door pockets, full gauge package, carpeted floor and A/C)
Dana 70 HD rear axle with 4.10 gears and factory locking diff
Biggest brakes you can get on a light commercial vehicle
Dual gas tanks
Falken tires with 80% tread
A/C converted to R134
Biggest radiator you can get
Dual batteries (one Optima included)
CD player with 4 speakers
Extendable rear bumper for camper insert
Bed Liner
Trailer brake controller
Factory chrome push bars on front bumper
Trans freshened
Motor re-furbished
Factory sway bars (1.25" front and 1.00" rear)
Dual exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers and crossover pipe
HEI distributor
K&N air cleaner
External transmission cooler
Just over 100,000 mi !!!

New Parts Include:
Mechanical fuel pump
Electric fuel pump
Radiator
Water pump
Starter motor
100 Amp alternator (12si)
Motor mounts
Fan clutch
Harmonic balancer
All gaskets and valve stem seals
Dual row timing chain
1" carb spacer and heat shield
All belts and hoses
All battery cables
Pitman arm
Sway bar bushings

This truck is a classic. It was the first light commercial dually truck you could get with a full matching bed. Every gentleman farmer/rancher had one (or wanted one) back in the day. Prices are on the rise, I saw one sell in the Midwest this last year for $9500. It has served me well for the past few years, it has no leaks, it runs GREAT! It can tow like crazy and it has the brakes to stop anything, plus it is just cool. Body is nice with some minor dents and scratches, glass is all good. Have some extra sheetmetal if interested.

Call 530-823-3316
Asking $4800
Offers considered

Old 02-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
GLWS. Price might be a tad high but I've been looking for a rig about that age so you caught my eye.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!
I had the '88 crew cab version of that. Aside from the throttle body injection, and the gas bill, I loved it. It's good to see one of those still on the road.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
This truck is a survivor. And driving it around truly is cool. It's loud, but not too loud. It will smoke the tires. It rides nice. All that said, I did just replace it with a 2003 Dodge Cummins...

I don't think the price is high. I just have to find the right buyer. These "rounded line" or "square body" Chevys are rapidly becoming collectable, especially the smog exempt ones.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
Price dropped to $4300. Any takers?

How do you guys feel about Ebay? Should I put it up there?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoffregen Motors View Post
Price dropped to $4300. Any takers?

How do you guys feel about Ebay? Should I put it up there?
With anticipated $5.00/galllon gas by Memorial day I'm sure that it might be a hard sell.....what does that beast get, maybe 1 mile per gallon?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
Blame Crablegs
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
If I had money I would buy it
Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
Woodstocktaco is on a distinguished road
Woodstocktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Always wanted to have a '69-'74 C10 shortbed to restore & tool around in.
That's a great looking truck & if the interior is a nice as the rest then I don't think it's overpriced. It's just going to take someone with an oil trust fund to put gas in it pretty soon!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
That truck is all kinds of sick in "Smokey & The Bandit" kinda way!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
That truck is all kinds of sick in "Smokey & The Bandit" kinda way!
That's exactly right. I love driving it because it get's that look. That look that says "my kid beat up your honor student".
Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish020 View Post
With anticipated $5.00/galllon gas by Memorial day I'm sure that it might be a hard sell.....what does that beast get, maybe 1 mile per gallon?
You're right, it will take time to sell, but it get's better mileage than you'd think. 10 mpg is my highway average. Most others get around 6 mpg, but I keep my foot out of it and cruise below 70 mph.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #14
300rem7 will become famous soon enough

Navy: SSBN 738 (G) Missile Tech
300rem7's Tacoma Gallery
I love it. If you were in Texas I would get it for my son. Glws.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #15
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300rem7 View Post
I love it. If you were in Texas I would get it for my son. Glws.

Road trip? I picked up my Taco in Colorado Springs...
Old 02-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #16
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoffregen Motors View Post
You're right, it will take time to sell, but it get's better mileage than you'd think. 10 mpg is my highway average. Most others get around 6 mpg, but I keep my foot out of it and cruise below 70 mph.
Wow, that's pretty good for a Big Block heavy weight beast!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #17
Just posted it on ebay.