Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: silver 2nd gen driver side fender flare

Old 02-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
S!LVERT4COM4 is on a distinguished road
S!LVERT4COM4's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: silver 2nd gen driver side fender flare

I scraped the driver side bottom of the fender flare in a parking deck today. (I guess I am getting too comfortable trying to fit in small spaces and am not as good as I thought... ) But it is only on the bottom part of the fender flare nearest the bumper. Hard to describe but Rock Auto describes it as the "Bumper End." [http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...arttype,15198] They are cheap on there but only come unpainted and I don't know of a good paint shop (any suggestions for Raleigh, NC?).

So I thought I'd take a chance that someone might have this small section laying around from when they installed a new front bumper? Please let me know if you have this part and how much you would like to get for it. Thanks a lot.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
bump

Here is an update (to bump this thread...)

The scrapes are only (very noticeable) cosmetic blemishes, but I love my truck and it is going to drive me crazy.

I got a quote to "fix" this small piece of the bumper...$185. The repair guy said he could fix the scrapes vs replacing the whole piece because it would be cheaper (it is $30 on Rock Auto..?). He said, however, that the paint would never match again no matter what he did (something about how it is "textured"). So that is discouraging.

Anyone have any experience with this? Better yet, anyone have a spare front bumper extender laying around in Silver Streak Mica?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
bump

No? Nothing? I had thought maybe I should just get a plate bumper instead...but that really isn't in the budget right now. So for those of you who have replaced their bumpers, what did you do with the bumper cover ends? Just curious.