Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Need Help with a Decision. To sell or not...

Old 02-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
TexMexTaco is a name known to allTexMexTaco is a name known to allTexMexTaco is a name known to allTexMexTaco is a name known to allTexMexTaco is a name known to allTexMexTaco is a name known to all

Air Force: Dentist
Name: Nick
TexMexTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help with a Decision. To sell or not...

I recently found out I got orders to move overseas. I just bought my Tacoma about a year ago and will have owned it only 1.5 years from purchase before going overseas for 3 years. I don't plan on shipping my truck to the next assignment as it costs at least $1500 each way.
Kelly blue book for my truck is actually more than I paid for it new. I've got a 2011 4WD TRD Off Road. I also bought a color-matched ARE shell.
Here's my options: 1- sell now as I can always buy one when I get back. Or have a friend/family member watch it for 3 years. I could ship it overseas, but I'm thinking we'll ship my wife's car as it will fit better in Europe and she's really happy with it.
What would you do?
Thanks
Old 02-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
I say ship it to Europe! It will turn some heads! I would suggest holding onto it and when you get home youll almost have it paid off and have a damn near brand new truck. Then you wont feel so bad about throwing some mods on it!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
TexMexTaco is a name known to allTexMexTaco is a name known to allTexMexTaco is a name known to allTexMexTaco is a name known to allTexMexTaco is a name known to allTexMexTaco is a name known to all

It's already paid in full...
Old 02-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
sell it, bank the money, buy a new one when you get back...good luck!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexTaco View Post
It's already paid in full...
OH boy. Honestly personally if I could swing it I would ship it out. but gas is alot more expensive in Europe. Might be more practical to bring a car.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
damn, if you didn't already have a wife I'd say ship it to europe, You'd get sooo many chicks with wheels like that
Old 02-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
I would sell it.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #8

If I sell it here, I could buy a hilux diesel over there, and give yall regular updates on TW!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Where in Europe? Just curious, I've never left the states while in the service, but I know quite a few peeps that do.

First: will you have a need for the taco. By that I mean, Europe has the whole mass transit thing to a T. Could you use the money used for your monthlies to travel? No need to answer, just food for thought.

Second: Large cities in Europe (Paris, Milan, Rome, Barcelona) are HELL on cars. By that I mean, peeps other than in Germany, Austria and Switzerland drive like maniacs and they don't care if they crash their or your car, so long as they can pass thru. Remember, Europe has been around for a while, their cities were not designed for cars, were designed for walkers, horses and carriages.

Third: Gas outside of the base will BANKRUPT you. So you won't be able to go to far...

Honestly, I say sell it, get a cheap ass car while you are there (cash clunker) and live it up. You have three years to tour around the place and leave your mark all over "town".

Have fun, good luck with whatever you decided and thank you for your service!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #10

I'm going to Lakenheath in England. It's rural area with lots of small villages. I like to commute to work by bike anyway. I'll probably pick up a fuel-efficient diesel as there's so many to choose from over there. There won't be much snow, so I won't really need 4wd.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #11

Pick up a D-4D while you are there and ship it back
Old 02-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If I sell it here, I could buy a hilux diesel over there, and give yall regular updates on TW!
Buy one there and maybe bring it back?
Old 02-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #13

I think they have to be 25 years old to ship back legally. Otherwise I would in a heartbeat.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #14
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Europe has the whole mass transit thing to a T.
I can vouch for this, like no wait times and super fast pretty clean fancy subways too. It was insane.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #15

Quote:
I think they have to be 25 years old to ship back legally. Otherwise I would in a heartbeat.
double check that cause here in Canada it's only 13 years old
Old 02-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #16
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
The most practical would be option #1. It has no sentimental value to you so why keep it? Having someone watch it for year I have seen in my years NEVER works. They won't take care of it the way you would, so when you came back to the the states you'd probably have a whole mess of issues to fix on it. Sell that thing!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #17
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There ya go. You answered your own question.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #18
Taco lova
RedOctober is on a distinguished road

EMS: EMT-B
Name: Matt
RedOctober's Tacoma Gallery
Buy a HiLux over there. Twould be bad ass
Old 02-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #19
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Sell it and get what you need there, I'd say. It'd be a novelty, but probably not worth the expense and hassle.