Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Custom Headache Racks Anyone?

Old 02-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Custom Headache Racks Anyone?

Hey guys just wanted to know if there would be any interest in custom headache racks. I spend a ton of time working in a fab shop and like building custom stuff. (Built a three place motorcycle trailer when I was 16 and a two place tilting snowmobile trailer when I was 17.) Now I'm investing all my time in custom stuff for the taco.

I wouldn't be building stuff all the same in bulk, these are built totally custom to order, whatever specs you want. I'm also about to start a custom rear bumper, and if all works out well, a front bumper to go with it.

I am willing to trade my cost for labor to anything you may have to offer as trade.

Here is the headache rack built for my buddy on his first gen. Hasn't been painted yet, and the angle was put up like that so he can bolt his toolbox in easily.

Here is the design, and a design for another rack I thought of making.

Also, here is my design for a rear bumper I am going to try and make. Tried to make the lines on the side go with the body.... eh

If you would like to have a rack built for you, PM me and we can work everything out. If my rear bumper build goes well, I will build some custom bumpers to specific peoples wants and needs. I do not want to make a generic design to produce and just tweak it for each person. I like when everyone has their own custom design and they won't match somebody else.

Just to show you, here are the two trailers I built. (Totally by myself)

Kind of dirty at the time.

Motorcycle Trailer

Tilting Snowmobile Trailer (Now has gates on the front as well, no pics yet)

Old 02-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
island is on a distinguished road

island's Tacoma Gallery
NiCe
Old 02-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Nice work! Not for me, but looks great! That motorcycle trailer is sick....
Thanks man. Im gonna relocate the jack up front so I have room to mount a triangle shaped toolbox to through gear and fuel in.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good dude I like playing with sketch up too

Why did you build the real one with the angle facing up?
Old 02-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Looks good dude I like playing with sketch up too

Why did you build the real one with the angle facing up?
I thought it looked weird like that, I would have had it down inside the bed, but he wanted to up like that to go around his toolbox. I'm not a big fan of it but it is what he wanted.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
Very nice how much?

Thanks man! I'm hoping to get myself a welder in the spring if I can manage to sell a few things first

Then a better lift...
Old 03-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #9
Very nice how much?

Was thinking of doing sliders. Figured there was enough business for that on here already. Bolt on or weld on?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm540ii View Post
Rear bumper looks good! I Will be in the market for one soon...
Im about to start building this one, and I will be measuring up my friends first gen this coming week to get one for the first gen designed. Its probably gonna look the same, the sizing will just be slightly different.

Do you guys have any suggestions on shape or features you would want? I can incorporate them into a design and if you guys want one built I can do it
Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #13
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sup. nice work! thought about one a few times that i used my bed and had stuff really close to the glass or brake light on cab.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #14
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Im about to start building this one, and I will be measuring up my friends first gen this coming week to get one for the first gen designed. Its probably gonna look the same, the sizing will just be slightly different.

Do you guys have any suggestions on shape or features you would want? I can incorporate them into a design and if you guys want one built I can do it
Build the hitch receiver behind the license plate so it's not the low point and make it a HC rear and I might be interested. or make it so you can mount a winch in the rear like badland bumpers but plate instead of tube
Old 03-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #15
Very nice how much?

I could try that. I don't want a high clearance wrap around for mine but I can design one for anyone else interested.

I thought about the "behind the plate" idea for the hitch but I figured it would be too high. The hitch under this bumper is already about 6 inches higher than my stock receiver lol
Old 03-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
Very nice how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm540ii View Post
How much for a 2nd gen rear bumper?

Once I figure out the cost for material and the time it takes me, I will have a price up. I can tell you right now it won't be as much as most of the plate bumpers on here.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #17
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is what I was thinking

Attached Thumbnails
Custom Headache Racks Anyone?-back-bumper.jpg  
Old 03-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
Very nice how much?

I like how your design is super high clearance, and actually has a step haha. I can change mine a bit to hang not so low, and wrap all the way around.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #19

I've thought about making it about 4 inches wider on each side so the step wraps around and maybe put some tube on the sides to protect the bedside
Old 03-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #20
Very nice how much?

Thats a good idea. We are getting a new tubing notcher so I want to try and integrate some tubing stuff into it as well. I love the look of the All Pro Hybrid front bumper and was thinking of making something similar.